Author Topic: What new Customs Projects are you planning?  (Read 12692 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
What new Customs Projects are you planning?
« on: April 13, 2005, 12:14 PM »
Well?  I've got a few up my sleeve... nothing too dramatic, but a few that I think might be cool.  Mainly stuff for the photonovels and some ROTS stuff...

Here's what I want to do -

PLAYSETS/DIORAMAS

TPM - Trade Federation Cruiser playset... I don't even know where to start

AOTC - Theed Palace playset... again, how they hell could I do this?

ROTS - Kashyyyk - that should be easy... maybe a few other planets - too early to tell yet

ANH - I really want to make a nice Death Star playset... been contemplating this for about 5 years... I have the Ultaramas right now which are ok

ESB - I want to make a kiler Bespin playset... been paying close attention to the one Muftak has been working on

ROTJ - Throne Room, Rancor Pit, Sail Barge, Sarlacc Pit

FIGURES

- Prequel Lars Family... may have a good friend (Owen D) commission a Cliegg Lars for me

- new Mandalorian for the Rykrof Enloe Series - Bledda is his name... this one is almost complete

- Tarfull... the ROTS one is ok, but I think I can do better; started on this one last night

- Ultimate Obi Wan... ROTS style... I did one already, but think he's a bit too tall maybe

That's basically what I have on tap right now... obvioulsy some of the playsets may never fully come to fruition.

What about you guys?  What's up your sleeve?   :)

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: What new Customs Projects are you planning?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 02:51 PM »
Well, let's see what I've got on tap...

KOTOR I and II: I'm still working on customs from these games; I have a Bastila, Jolee, Mission Vao, HK-47, Master Vandar and Darth Sion all in various stages of completion. The only ones I've finished so far are Zaalbar and Darth Nihilus.

Mandalorians: I have plans to customize Jango's unit from OPEN SEASONS, including Myles, a new Jaster Mereel from a VOTC Fett, and Montross.

Slave I: I've got a beat-up vintage Slave I, an incomplete Episode II Slave I, and a Target Exclusive Slave I, and my plan is to cobble them together in some fashion and make the ultimate Slave I, with all the cool features of the prequel ship, but the opening cargo hold of the original ship.

Aside from that, I don't have a lot of other plans at the moment...

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 12:13 AM »
To be honest - most of the stuff (besides the dioramas) really isn't planned in advance for me... it just kinda happens when I'm sitting back watching the History Channel or a baseball game.  I get out my custom fodder boxes and go to town.

I finished my Mandalorian tonight (Bledda), he'll be posted soon along with my Tarfful.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 12:24 AM »
Awesome! Can't wait to see them!

I'm pretty random with my customs too. I have a short list of characters I want to do, but often get distracted by pieces in my parts box. (Which has gotten HUGE.)  ;D

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 12:28 AM »
I'm up to 7 decent sized boxes of custom fodder... ha ha... I'm glad you are in the same predicament as I am in.   :)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 01:27 AM »
FIGURES:
Nym
My KOTOR Character (Woman)
Carth Onasi
Canderous Ordo
Carnor Jax
Kir Kanos
Jag Fel
Soontir Fel
Chiss Pilot
Chiis Bartender
Myn Donos
ROTS Mace
ROTS Obi Wan
ROTS Tarfful
Tion's Aid

PHOTONOVELS:
Wrap up Battle for Ezatam...I like the story and have the finishing photos shot, but I need to actually get them down to size and all that jazz.

New Story involving every other SW element (that I can think of) that will become my main focus.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 10:42 AM »
Sounds very cool 760071!

I really have enjoyed your first photonovel... very impressive!

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 07:26 AM »
Damn where do I start

12" figures

Luke in Jedi attire ROTJ
ARC Trooper EP3
Shock Trooper EP3
Obi Wan in clone trooper armour
Obi Wan EP2
Han Solo ANH (2nd figure)
Indiana Jones ROTLA (2nd figure)
Col Jack O'neill Stargate SG1

Ron

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2005, 03:24 PM »
Hemble is here! Rock on!

Our little Jedidefender customs community grows! Awesome.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2005, 06:32 PM »
I actually don't have any SW customs planned in the immediate future. I've got a list of over 100 Stargate SG-1 customs I'd like to do though. I've got Customs cards made for a lot of them, but I'll probably only get through some of them this summer, but it is nice because most will use the same parts some I can make most of them from casts. I also started on my scale SGC base dio/playset this spring break. I haven't been able to work on them since then though, stupid school ruins everything! ::) >:( ;) On the bright side I've only got like 4 weeks before I can start working on them again :)  I won't be able to stay away from SW customizing for long though, I have a very short atttention span, so I'll probably make a few more Wookiees and Clones. :)
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 12:38 AM »
SLC, weren't you making some sort of Stargate diorama/playset?  I remember seeing pics of a huge, ambitious project you were starting.

As for myself, right now I am kinda being lazy just making mix-n-match customs when I feel like it.  In a couple weeks I'll try to have another photonovel completed and in the photonovel section.

Then it's a huge photonovel project - The Battle of Rhen Var.  Really huge!  Biggest, baddest photonovel yet... or so I hope.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 01:38 AM »
Yup sure am. I'm glad you remembered :) I'm not sure how many of you are Stargate Sg-1 fans but I absolutely love that show. I love it just as much as SW, I think SW would win if i had to choose. There are no SG-1 figures for sale so I decided I'll just Customize my own :) And I figured they could use a home so I'm going to build the SGC (Stargate Command) It is the base on Earth in Cheyenne Mountain that is the base of all Stargate operations, it is going to be huge. I can't wait to work on it again, I've only got two weeks of school left then I'm headed home for summer break I can start working on it. I got some advice froom NiubNiub and theWOOK at C3 so hopefully I can make some progress. The gateroom itself will have a removable roof and back wall so I can access the room, both doors work. It is going to be really complicated, I plan on giving it lots of elctronics, hopefully all the lights will actually work and I plan on lighting up the computer screesn and alarms as well. And I need to put a removable light behing the gate to cast so blue light on the room. If it goes as planned this thing should be really cool, I don't want to toot my own horn, but hopefully it'll be one of the coolest out there. I doubt that for some reason though :P It is alsogoing to have a working elevator (probably not electronic, but it should work. And from what I've seen it'll be one of a kind, I've seen a LEGO version, it was kinda cool. In addtion to the Gateroom I'm going to build several more rooms.

As of right now I plan on making

• The Gateroom (Embarcation room as it is formally called)
  • The Control Room
  • Hammond/O'Neill/Weir/Bauer's office, possibly with each different furniture arangment
  • Several Hallways to conect it all (both the circular and straigh kind)
  • An Elevator shaft

And I'll probably make these as well

• Carter's Lab
  • Daniel's Office
  • The Infirmary
  • Teal'c's room
  • A "VIP" Room (the prison rooms) or 2
  • A medical Isolation room
  • more hallways
  • An Armory
  • And Another Lab
  • and maybe more If I don't get sick of them ;)

So yeah I got a lot of work ahead of me, hopefully you guys will stick around on these boards well after ROTS so I can share these, I don't plan on leave here until I'm the last one left :) Oh and on top of that I have to make quite a few figures to stick in this whole thing. So I've got to do that too. Eventually I hope to turn out an SG-1 photonovel as well, maybe using SG-1 but I'll probably use a different SG team so I can explore them a bit more. Meaning I'll have to make a second gate as well to stick in some offworld dioramas.  :) I'm never going to finish this ;) ::)

Oh and SW wise I got some Endor soldier and Bespin guards at C3 for cheap so I'll have to change them up a bit, as well as vary ,my Wookie Army up some more and maybe customize my Imperial officers as well.

Holy crap this is going to take me forever. Oh well at least I'll have something to do for awhile.

"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 12:07 AM »
Oh, I totally forgot I'm planning a Vintage style ROTS clone trooper and pilot this summer.
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 12:26 AM »
Sounds like you're gonna be very busy SLC.  Can't wait to see more.

I think I am gonna redo my Mos Eisley diorama soon... but really I need to get to planning on the actual custom diorama backgrounds and flooring for all of my ROTS dioramas... damn, this is gonna be very time consuming and expensive... how am I going to be able to keep doing all of these photonovels too?   :-\

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 05:29 AM »
Kligson from Marvel Star Wars issue "Droid World"

Fixing my Kir Kanos

and my Gand Padawan Jedi from the Republic series
I remember my dream now.