Author Topic: Celebration III Exclusive Merch Help Thread  (Read 18159 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Celebration III Exclusive Merch Help Thread
« on: April 13, 2005, 02:15 PM »
I figured I'd start this to help the guys that can't be at CIII, or go to CIII and end up not being able to get an exclusive they're after.

Im going to pick up extras whenever I can, and want to be able to help out my JD friends. So post whether or not you'll be at CIII (and how long, if you are), and what items you're going after. If I end up with extras of anything, I'll just go down the list and help out whoever I can. Similarly, I'd appreciate the assistance if I'm not able to get the exclusives I'm after.

I'll be at CIII all four days, and I'll be after these exclusive items (in order of priority):
Sandtrooper Minibust (Gentle Giant booth) *Mega-Super-Huge-Priority*
CIII Slipcased Revenge of the Sith signed novel (Del Rey booth, if it comes out)
Empire Strikes Back Sculpted Poster, Vader Helmet version (Code3 booth)
CIII Pass Set (CIII Store)
Talking Vader figure (CIII Store)

Those are my top things that I'm the most concerned about missing out on. Consider that most of these items are very low risk when it comes to getting your money back in selling them, there are plenty of collectors out there that you can hook up, without loosing any money.

I'll be on the lookout for any cool exclusives or giveaways from Burger King's booth, Masterfoods (M&Ms, Skittles), amongst others. I'll be after the CIII jacket, but dont expect any difficulty in getting it, along with pins, patches and posters from the store, which should be marginally easy to get.

If this should be somewhere else guys, feel free to move it
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration III Exclusive Merch Help Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 02:21 PM »
Excellent idea. I won't be able to go and I have been trying to find someone who was to pick me up the Code 3 exclusive ESB 3-D Poster Sculpter. I'd be more than happy to pay for theirs also. :)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 02:49 PM »
If I manage to get an extra, it's yours!
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 02:56 PM »
You're one step ahead of me, Adam!  I was going to post something like this today or tomorrow...  ;)

Im going to pick up extras whenever I can, and want to be able to help out my JD friends.

Yeah, I think that's what quite a few of us will be doing as well.  We'll grab what extras we can, and distribute them to our JD compadres here.  So we'll get a sign up list rolling here.  Could get kinda scary (overwhelming) though, if the one I did for Comic Con was any indication...  :P

But please keep in mind everyone, that many of us have already been privately contacted by folks here with C3 exclusive requests, so this list isn't going to be in any particular order of priority here, as far as who gets what, since there's already some want lists that have been growing with some of us for quite some time now.  That said, I'll go ahead and get this started here:

Mini-Rock: Code 3 exclusive ESB 3-D Sculpted Poster
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 02:57 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 04:15 PM »
I'll do what I can as well, but a few things are already spoken for by members of JD and other boards that did, as Matt said, ask earlier. 

C3 talking Vader - all spoken for
GG Sandtrooper - offered help to two already and this is my top priority - the odds of me walking out with three are pretty slim, let alone something on top of that
Code3 - poster - would be nice to walk out with two

I can probably avail myself for other stuff, depending on what comes up.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 05:16 PM »
Should I put myself on this list in case I don't get the GG Minibust?  That's the thing I want more than anything.  I'm going to try my damndest to get one while I'm there, but I suppose covering the bases couldn't hurt. ;D
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 05:17 PM by JoshEEE »
Got Clones?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 09:16 PM »
I throw myself on the mercy of those with plane tickets for a C3 Talking Vader figure, if someone can pick up an extra.  If not, that's cool and it won't break my heart, but I'd be your friend if you could hook me up with one.  ;D

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 10:19 PM »
If anyone could score me one of these limited prints by Chris Trevas, I'd be great appreciative...if they are reasonably priced, that is.  $30-$40 bucks sounds about right.  Sounds like they are limited to 250...not sure how hard they will be to get or not...

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 10:21 PM by Stim »

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 10:27 PM »
DoctorPadawan I will try and get you the Vader figure.  I know I need one for my cousin and may need one for his friend, not sure though, but I can get one for you for sure since my limit is 4. 

I'm not going to list anything here except for the GG mini Bust but I doubt anyone will be giving it up.  I just hope GG doesn't do a lottery. 

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005, 01:56 AM »
Also -- I'd love a Sandtrooper Mini-Bust if anyone scores an extra, but I'm sure that's going to be a tall, tall order...

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2005, 03:57 AM »
If anyone could get this print for me I would be indebited to you forever.

I remember my dream now.

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2005, 04:35 PM »
If anyone can score me ANY one artist print and a C3 Vader, I'd be happy.
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 04:52 PM »
if anyone could score me a CIII Vader (or two) I would be grateful - I would even be willing to send someone enough money to buy extra day passes for two days while they are at CIII - I'm pretty sure that should entitle you another Vader each day...

I also have an extra Lava Vader and a couple extra Holo Yodas in case anyone who's going to CIII still needs either of those (although I doubt it).

Thanks.

- Peter
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 04:53 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2005, 06:33 PM »
I could use a C3 Vader.   ;D

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2005, 10:39 PM »
Glad there's a thread for this because I wouldn't have started one. I'm broke and can't even pony up the cash to ask someone to get me stuff. :-[ But if anyone can afford to grab a couple $5 items that I could buy from you next month, that would be swell.

All I want is:

CIII souvenir program
CIII lanyard
CIII pin
CIII keychain