Author Topic: New Photonovel Section Up Above  (Read 3776 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
New Photonovel Section Up Above
« on: April 14, 2005, 08:31 PM »
I like the idea of the photonovel section and really appreciate the staff attempting to help us out... I was hoping we might actually have a link on the front page or something with them hosted here... but this is still pretty cool.

The only thing is, I don't know if newbies and others will even see there is a Photonovel section... it's a bit hard to notice if you don't know it's up there.  I am afraid there might actually be a bit less activity with it where it is.

I don't know... what do you guys think?  Am I wrong?

Could one of the staff members maybe show on the front page "news" section that there is a new section to the forums or something?

Maybe I take these photonovels too seriously... but I think they are very cool and a great part of the hobby.  I enjoy making them, and reading Lance Quazar's stuff as well as JediKnight760071's new photonovel... I want everyone to be able to experience them.  I bet there's a decent sized group of collectors who don't even know they exist.

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: New Photonovel Section Up Above
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 08:39 PM »
I'd second the idea of them getting a note on the front page, or even a section listing on the forums page, right under "customs."

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 09:25 PM »
Yeah, I like that idea buddy.  A separte listing under the customs section might work.  But a mention on the front page would be spectacular! 

I am going to start on a new photonovel this weekend if I have time...

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 09:26 PM »
Who do we contact to see if that can be done?

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 09:50 PM »
There's a section called SUGGESTIONS AND FEEDBACK or something like that kind of near the bottom of the main forum page.  This had been discussed some recently... if you mention it in there, it might help to have another voice in the discussion.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 11:13 PM »
I've thrown my hat in the ring.  ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 11:33 PM »
We have the power... I can feel the Force influencing the staff here to do as we wish.   Maybe... or not.   8)

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 01:29 AM »
I think the problem is that there are so few photonovels out there that it's not the kind of forum that people are likely to seek out that often, so updates may get passed by unless there's a notification about it in another thread....and, if that's the case, why bother?

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a separate page, but it seems like too much of a small niche....
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 03:14 PM »
Lance, in due time there will be a total of around 50 photonovels in the Rykrof Enloe series... I just hope that the interest is there for that to happen.

It's a small niche... but I do think it's growing.  The mention on the front page should help... especially if we can get a mention of each new photonovel, and even a pic from it on the front page.  That could help a lot.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 2, 2005, 03:28 PM »
Just a reminder, don't forget about this section... new photonovel is up by Diddly, and it's a good one!

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 2, 2005, 07:52 PM »
I agree, there should be something to bring more attention to the Photonovel section. Although the second installment of The United has incountered many difficulties, its going to be released...eventually. I think one of the main problems in producing photonovels is actually finding the time for them and in some cases, the motivation.

As I said in the Feedback area, there should definatley be a front page note of them...maybe one Photonovel series a month could get the spotlight. Something like:

August: Rykrof Enloe
September: Quazar
October: The Sith Revelations
November: Ardan Torrik
December: The United

and then maybe a front page note for when the next installment is released...or something like that.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -