Author Topic: Wow, NEW Star Wars FPS: Republic Commando  (Read 12312 times)

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Wow, NEW Star Wars FPS: Republic Commando
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2006, 12:09 AM »
Thanks for getting the post in the right place.

I'd have to say Rainbow6 wasn't all that free, well from what I can remember.  I hate it when 'allies' in a game go off and do whatever they want. Like walking infront of me while I'm shooting.  And like everytime that results in a failed misson! grrr.

R6, I would use my allies as blockers, just set them in a spot and set them to not move and shoot at bad guys.  I'm going to have to dig it out and play it again.
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 2, 2006, 04:26 PM »
I finally started on Republic Commando. I really like it. I've only eliminated Sun Fac so far, but I'm really digging how the game introduces the characters and gets you up to speed with the command functions. In a lot of ways, it's like SW Halo. I really have an appreciation for why the commandos are so popular too.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 9, 2007, 09:33 AM »
After breaking to play SW lego II, I started back on this game. Just got onto the control ship and having lots of fun.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 5, 2007, 09:36 AM »
I finished this game a few days ago. While it was very fun while it lasted, I though it was too short. I was totally expecting to go after Sev. :'(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: February 5, 2007, 11:29 PM »
Gotta leave room for part 2, right? :)

I actually was hoping we'd see Rep. Commando spawn something of a series for Star Wars gaming...  I'd like another Rep Commando, maybe a little refined (and more realistic in terms of the droid's strengths.  I'd rather face more SBD's than just indestructable ones), and also see the game expand into the Imperial era with "Imperial Commando" and "Alliance Infiltrator" type themes...  The Infiltrator one really intrigues me since they're the baddest bad asses in the Rebel army.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 7, 2007, 10:20 AM »
Gotta leave room for part 2, right? :)

I actually was hoping we'd see Rep. Commando spawn something of a series for Star Wars gaming... 

Same here. The games was actually challenging up to a point whereas it wasn't just running round and wiping everything out. The various Battle Droids were actually pretty hard to take down without the right equipment, which was great. It was pretty much a Halo for SW. There should at least be a sequel, if not more scenarios like you suggested.