Author Topic: Finally!  (Read 2060 times)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
Finally!
« on: May 25, 2005, 10:02 AM »
Well, I fianlly broke down and got a carded Yakface the other night.

Yeah, it's on a tri-logo card and I paid a few $ more than I would have really liked to, but hey after years of searching, and bidding, and being sniped at the last second...I finally just got tired and went for broke.

To win it by only 9 cents made it that much sweeter. ;^)

also got a VERY nice boxed vinatge 12" Leia, been wanting a loose one without her buns all messed up, but no luck.  Grabbed one for about $130 boxed, and I'll tell you it's in better shape than I ever would have hoped for.  Never detached from the cardboard backer, accessories still intact, the cardboard box doesn;t even have the crease it usually does from being folded back at some point along the way, a real beauty. (always love seeing the vinatge original price stickers when you get a vintage piece heh $11)

Weird that a lot of prices are through the roof right now, but managed to squeak out a few nice finds.  Very happy with Ebay  over the last few weeks.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Finally!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 11:02 AM »
Congrats man, I remember picking up my tri-logo Yakface years ago. It was the last non-variantion figure i needed at the time. It was very nice indeed.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Re: Finally!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 12:25 PM »
Congrats.  It's nice to find a deal on something you really want.

If I could only pick up (an easy one I know) a POTF carbo Han, then I'll finish a basic run on my Han collection and then I can go for cardback variations.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.