Author Topic: 1-32 - top sellers  (Read 5947 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
1-32 - top sellers
« on: April 24, 2005, 09:47 PM »
It's been a few weeks now... what seem to be the top selling figures in your area? 

Here in St. Louis, I do more than my share of toy runs, so here's what seem to be the hottest of these first 32 figures -

#1 - Clone Trooper
#2 - Battle Droid
#3 - Darth Vader
#4 - Emperor Palpatine
#5 - Grievous (4-saber)

Other than that, basically a ton of Jedi hanging on the pegs, including the main ones in Anakin, Obi Wan and Yoda.  Still see quite a few Super Battle Droids and Magna Droids as far as army builders go... and then more than a few of R2D2, Padme, Bail, Mothma, etc... but mostly the top five list that I mentioned are the hardest ones to find now in my area.

Kinda curious to see if everyone else is seeing a similar trend, something different, etc.

So, what would you say are the top five selling figures (only 1-32) in your area so far?

:P

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: 1-32 - top sellers
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 10:08 PM »
I dont see any Royal Guards anymore; red or blue.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 10:24 PM »
I never or hardly ever see Clones, Vader, Grievous, and Royal Guards. Everything else is pretty easy to track down.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 11:18 PM »
Around here, the top sellers seem to be:

1.  Royal Guard (both of them)
2.  Aayla Secura
3.  Darth Vader
4.  Clone Trooper
5.  Emperor Palpatine

As far as what isn't selling...everything else.  This is making it very difficult for stores to restock any of the post-32 figures as they're either restocking with 1-32 again or they just don't have the room to put anything else out. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 09:33 AM »
Things are pretty similar here too, as to what the rest of you are seeing.  This is what the top sellers seem to be here in Lincoln, NE:

#1 - Royal Guard (either color) - haven't seen any since 4/2, and still don't have a red guard.  I did see red guards at Shopko, but they were over $9 each...no thanks.
#2 - Clonetrooper - Pretty tough to find now as well.  Saw a few on 4/2, but they were quickly bought up.  I found one hanging at Target last week, and picked it up too, haven't seen any otherwise at all.
#3 - Darth Vader - It can be found, but is rarer than most figures.  If you look hard enough though, you can probably come up with one.
#4 - Emperor Palpatine - Really couldn't find it at first, but its becoming a little bit more common now.  Still one of the less frequent ones though.
#5 - General Grievous - Really don't see this figure all that often.  Again, not impossible to find, but not too frequent.  Battle Droid would be a close runner up here, those aren't too frequent either.

I actually see quite a few kiddos buying up the wookiees (Chewie and Tarfful), but there are PLENTY of them everywhere still regardless.  Pretty much all of the Jedi can be found in large quantities, I don't think any of them are too tough to find.  I also see quite a few Bail Organas, although Mon Mothma isn't overly common.  Not a tough find, but not as many around as Bail (probably not as many shipped).

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 09:40 AM »
I have no problem finding any of the figures, except for the Guards (Reds are more rare than blues, in my experience) and Emperor Palpatine. Seems to me that the upcoming Clone Commando is going to be a tough one to get a hold of, too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 12:01 PM »
Well, I held the guards out of my list only because they seem to be shortpacked.  I am sure they are top sellers, but seeing that barely anyone really even seemed to get them in, it's hard for me to throw them into my list.

Even when the pegs were full at MM, these figures were pretty much non-existant.

:P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 02:05 PM »
Royal Guards, Clone #6, Padme, Anakin #2 and C-3PO. There are other, but these I see less of.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 02:32 PM »
Here in Colorado/Wyoming it's the Red Guards hands down.  The blue guards are a close second, but with a little hunting I could usually find one (since I already have one, I don't buy them).

Grievous is another hot seller, but still not impossible to find.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 02:15 AM »
1. #6 Clone
2. Red Guards-- a couple of blue ones can be found at Target and Sam Goody.
3. Padme
4. Vader
5. Battle Droid- took me a couple of stops to find one, and I only saw a couple at that store.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 11:40 AM »
I don't know if it's been pointed out elsewhere, but the Hasbro booth at C3 actually listed the red royal guard as a chase piece >:( ::)  I think Jeff has a pic of the poster stating that, my pic is from the side and largely unreadable.

Up here there isn't too much difficulty finding any of  the top 32, I can still walk into stores and find red royal guards and clone troopers.  Vader's probably the toughest of the bunch though.  And still no blue guards in Canada, only red.  So much for chase figures.  If anyone needs red guards (they'll be on trilogo cardbacks though) I'd be happy to trade for any of the higher numbered clones, notably the gunner.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 01:59 PM »
I'm curious about the "chase" status of the Red Royal Guard.  They really haven't shown up here at all, with the exception of seeing them at a local Shopko.  I just about picked one up, but with a $8.99 price tag, I left it sit.  Just seemed too high for a basic figure.  I really want to get at least one, and was holding out for Wal-Mart, but I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet and get it at the higher price or not.  I've seen a few blue ones here and there, although also at the higher priced places.  Haven't seen either one at the major retailers since 4/2, and even then I only saw one blue guard, which I promptly picked up :).

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 02:51 PM »
Have never seen the red guard...

The clone trooper, Vader, Padme, and Dooku seem to be pretty hot sellers around here.

Palpy as well seems to go pretty quick.

I can't seem to find Force Battlers anywhere - can someone hook me up with a set of these?   ;)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 02:52 PM by ruiner »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2005, 03:20 PM »
I can't seem to find Force Battlers anywhere - can someone hook me up with a set of these?

Thanks a lot, ruiner; you just made me do a spittake for the first time since I was in high school.  Having any trouble finding that RARE VHTF DISCONTINUED DELUXE OBI-ONE WITH SUPER BATTLE DROID too?  I might be able to hook you up with one, as I think I've seen one every now and then, but it is a difficult find. ;)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2005, 02:50 AM »
Have never seen the red guard...

The clone trooper, Vader, Padme, and Dooku seem to be pretty hot sellers around here.

Palpy as well seems to go pretty quick.

I can't seem to find Force Battlers anywhere - can someone hook me up with a set of these?   ;)

Dude, go to the CF Wal-Mart. I was just there tonight and they have a full set.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk