Author Topic: Everyone Get Home Safe?  (Read 9635 times)

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
Everyone Get Home Safe?
« on: April 24, 2005, 11:14 PM »
HoloElvis, TN Daniel, and I got home a couple of hours ago and even though we had a blast, it feels great to be home again. Anyone else home yet? I've seen Dave posting so I know he's around...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone Get Home Safe?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 11:31 PM »
Yep, I'm here.  Flights were fine and a big thanks to Jesse and his Missus for driving me to the airport this morning. 

Just downloading a few pics off the camera for another place and then going to enjoy going to bed before 4 am and not on a floor :P

It was a serious ton of fun, aside from being inside the convention center itself. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 08:37 AM »
We left Friday night in the rain but what got interesting was the continuous wind gusts that made our regular 3 hour journey turn into almost 4 hours.  That and I had the squirts half the trip home.  Gotta love that convention food :)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 10:31 AM »
Yeah, the convention food was ******* terrible.

I got home yesterday at about 5:15. We had a 45 minute lay over in Pittsburgh, but other than that, it was a pretty fast trip. I had a blast!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 10:33 AM »
Convention food? What's that?   ;D  We managed to either eat outside of the center (or not eat at all) with the exception of a quick snack in line here or there.

I'm not home yet, but I'm leaving in a few hours and should be home this afternoon.  As much as I'm going to wish C3 could go on for another week, it'll be nice to be back in my own bed tonight.
Got Clones?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 12:18 PM »
12 hours of driving in a snow storm but we made it.  Brent and Dale, your figures have had quite the adventure.  I don't think any action figure I ever had has traveled as much as they have.  I promise to get them to you...eventually.... :P
Beth

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 02:04 PM »
I got home last night and crashed...

My flight landed at 6:30pm after a small delay.  I left the airport, grabbed some food on the way home, and was in bed by 8pm.

I woke up at 8am for work today.   ;)  12 hours of sleep, not counting the 1.5 hour nap on the plane, and BOY could I use it.

I had a grand total of 18 hours of sleep over the 4 nights of Celebration 3 (Wed-thurs-Fri-Sat) and some of the other guys got even LESS.  Now that's a party worth attending.

Jeff

« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 02:06 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 02:06 PM »
I'm home... flew out at 6:10 this morning... my son was HAPPY to see me again... I bought him the Obi-Wan ROTS lightsaber today- he thinks it's really cool since it lights up and makes noises... Still neeed to get him the B'Omarr Monk- a friend is mailing it... doing laundry now... will probably head back to work tomorrow...
Had a great time... con food was awful... we also went off site most of the time- Hard Times, the Ram, Jillians, Champions- where we saw Rick McCallum on Saturday- he gave Roger the thumbs up...
Sorry I didn't get to meet everyone.... :(
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 03:42 PM »
Got home around 1 AM eastern yesterday...long drive.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 03:58 PM »
Got home yesterday around 5pm after a 90 minute delay on the runway before takeoff. Why can't they just let people sit in the airport instead of in the cramped plane when there is a delay? BTW - the flight home was the smallest plane I've ever seen outside of private ones. The rows consisted of one seat on the left, the aisle, and then two seats on the right. That was it. Kinda scary being so small, and trapped in there for 90 minutes on the runway.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 07:25 PM »
After a variety of greyhounds and a night in Chicago, I've arrived safe and tired back in Loo Town.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2005, 08:23 PM »
Just got home a short time ago and Bob is no doubt passed out by now. The flights were good there and back :).

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2005, 10:04 PM »
Back to Pittsburgh about 11:30 PM hit some snow on 70, but wasn;t sticking and wasn;t too bad, some other PA folks headed further north and I guess the Lake effect snow was pretty bad.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2005, 10:36 PM »
Stumbled home in a haze late last night.  Feel like I've been run over by a train today.  Toughed it out and went to work anyway.  Man, sucks being back in the real world, after living in Fantasyland summer camp the past 5 days.  I miss my JD pals already...  :'(

Maybe Brent or Jeff can call me tonight to tuck me into bed again or something...

After a variety of greyhounds and a night in Chicago, I've arrived safe and tired back in Loo Town.

Damn, Spuff!  You were at C3?!   :-\  You never mentioned it to any of us, did you?  Otherwise, we would've definitely exchanged numbers and tracked you down to hang out sometime(s).  Sorry we missed you!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2005, 10:47 PM »
I didn't realize you were there either Spuffy, I'd liked to have run into you though.  :(  Sorry man...  Woulda liked to have bumped into you at Hooters or whatever.

I'm finding there were tons of people there I didn't get to meet at all.  That's sort of an added disappointment to the trip which wasn't really disappointing to me except for some little stuff...  But that's a bummer since it's sort of a one-shot deal getting to meet up with people you know/appreciate.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77