Author Topic: TSC/Pit of Carkoon Boba Fett shoulders, can they be fixed?  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
I finally got my hands on a TSC Boba Fett the other day after looking for one since January, and I have to say that for the most part, I'm pleased. The sculpting's all good, the legs of course are awesome, I even like the flame stand better than I was expecting... but that action feature reeks of 2002 in a horrible way. His arms cannot be made to stay up, unless they're all the way back and then he's got his arms flailing over his head. otherwise, it's drop-city, and who wants that?

So, I was wondering if there's a good customizing fix for this. I really don't care for the intended action feature at all- I mean, you push down on his jetpack, which is a wacky place for a button anyway, and so both of his arms swing up? I could maybe see one arm as a "quick draw" feature, but both?? Why? What is he supposed to be doing? Dancing? Celebrating his victory Final Fantasy-style? Panicking because Luke chopped up his nice gun? Who knows, but I wouldn't be heartbroken in the least to have it gone if need be.

The trouble is, I'm not too sure how he's assembled. It's not really my goal to remove the action feature insomuch as to maket the shoulders tighter, so that they can stay in lifted stances, But I have no clue if those are mutually exclusive, inclusive, or if it's possible or not.

So, if anyone knows anything about how this figure is assembled or has had success in fixing this problem in the past, such information would be very helpful. Thanks!

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TSC/Pit of Carkoon Boba Fett shoulders, can they be fixed?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 08:53 AM »
Well this isnt much help but when I took a dremel to him and tried to fix him, it just ended up destroying the whole thing. I'd think you'd want to just replace the top part of his body with that of another Boba Fett's.
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE