Author Topic: Thank You God for my Jeep!  (Read 2568 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Thank You God for my Jeep!
« on: April 28, 2005, 10:10 AM »
We're having another batch of lovely weather here in the Colorado/Wyoming part of the country....April 28th and it's snowing!  Well, I get up this morning at 4 am to go PT this morning and I had enough "OH ****" moments that I didn't need to do any cardio today!  :o

I bought a Jeep Liberty when I got here (my Lt Mobile) and it's the first 4-wheel drive vehicle I've ever owned.  It's awesome in this kind of weather, increases your traction by 1000%.  Just remember zero multiplied by 1000 is STILL ZERO!  Every overpass on I-25 was nothing but ice under slush....and I swear I saw about 30 cars off in the median or off to the side of the road.  Luckily, CDOT and WYDOT are great at helping stranded/unsuspecting motorists, otherwise I'd never have gotten to base because I would've been helping everybody!

Anyhow, just a little safety tip from you're Uncle Matt...be careful out there!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Thank You God for my Jeep!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 10:30 AM »
What the hell is snow?  ???

I haven't seen real snow in about 2 or 3 years... and here it is the end of April and you've got it. Wow.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 12:43 PM »
Well, you're in Hotbama!  What did you expect??

After my summer there for OTS I no longer fear hell....it can't be any hotter!

I thonk Montgomerey, Alabama is hotter than Kuwait in the summer!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 02:20 PM »
April snow isn't too unusual I had I snow day in may here a few years ago.  ::) Watch it'll be 80 here tomarrow too. ******' Colorado weather. Make up your mind already. ;)
"This is the way."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 02:35 PM »
Snowed in Indy on Saturday night at C3, and I didn't have a damned Jeep.  Had to walk in it.  Damned cold...  >:(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 02:43 PM »
Hey!  I bought a Jeep to replace my accordianed Camry, I love the dang thing so far except when I hit the pump.  It handles great in the snow and all but the V8 is the thing I dig the most.  Reminds me of my Mustang :-[

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 02:50 PM »
Aside from the gas prices, a jeep can be a great thing...especially for midwesterners :).  We are on our second jeep now, and haven't had any problems.  Sure, not the most fuel efficient thing in the world, but we haven't gotten off too bad with it...and other than that, no problems to report.  Although we do hope to pay it off and get a (cheaper) car once that is done to have as well.  Definitely nice to have the 4 wheel drive in the wintery slop.  Definitely seems to get around much better than the Camaro I drove in high school :P.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 03:56 PM »
Snowed in Indy on Saturday night at C3, and I didn't have a damned Jeep.  Had to walk in it.  Damned cold...  >:(

It's called a coat. Or don't you SoCal boys know what those are?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 06:06 PM »
Hey!  I bought a Jeep to replace my accordianed Camry, I love the dang thing so far except when I hit the pump.  It handles great in the snow and all but the V8 is the thing I dig the most.  Reminds me of my Mustang :-[

That's a Grand Cherokee, right? Those are damn sweet. My aunt has one and I got to take it for a spin.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 11:07 PM »
Yes, Grand Cherokee Limited, Leather, Power Moon/Sun Roof, 4 Wheel Quadra, 10 Disc Changer, Compass!  Its the best, and I love it, except at the pump (again)

There was a Prius at the Toyota store when we were looking that was a lease return.  I thought long and hard about it but decided against it because I was feeling vulnerable still from the accident :-[

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 2, 2005, 11:27 PM »
I thought long and hard about it but decided against it because I was feeling vulnerable still from the accident :-[

I know how you feel. Cars behind me or not, I STOP at every intersection now, and I am VERY cautious.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...