Collecting > Collector's Tips

Moving a collection

<< < (3/4) > >>

JediJman:
I have always moved my stuff on my own - it's not worth having the movers potentially break stuff and if you have a big colelction, you're probably going to pay extra for their time as well.

I haven't tried this, but someone mentioned you can get free mailing boxes from USPS.  They will give you a stack of pre-paid shipping boxes, but you don't actually pay anything unless you mail them.  I'm not suggesting youmail your stuff, but it's a nice way to get boxes for free if they're the right size for what you need.

Matt_Fury:
I'm resurrecting this thread because I am moving my family from Colorado to Florida.  I thought it would be a good idea to document the experience so maybe it can help others.

Part 1

Matt_Fury:
As I continue down this holy crap I have to move my entire collection road:

Part 2: Storing and Staging.

Qui-Gon Jim:
Massive progress!

I am just now getting to the end of finishing my basement and I feel your pain!  I am struggling to find space to display all the items I'd like to (and it is a tiny fraction of what you originally had out).

I love the saber collection you have and was wondering where you got those wall mounts.

If you ever decide to part with your helmets, I know someone (me!) interested in that Kylo Ren mask.

Matt_Fury:
The saber mounts I picked up off of Amazon.  They are fairly inexpensive and work great...feel free to check them out here.

I'm no parting with anything...nice try though!   :D

Some recent progress, we are under contract on a place in Florida!  The wife and I flew out this weekend to see it in person....my collection room will be 11.5' x 12' with a decent closet.  I'll have to put up some shelves and my "I love me" wall will be put somewhere else in the house.  I should be able to get all 10 movie posters on one wall, unlike my current office, so that will be nice.  I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to put the sabers between each of them like I have now.  If not, I'll figure something out for all of them.  I'd like to be excited about it, but moving is going to be such a pain in the ass, I'm just a giant ball of stress right now.  I know it will all work out in the end, but it's tough being right in the middle of it all right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version