Author Topic: battle droids = terrible  (Read 10296 times)

Offline Maul

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
battle droids = terrible
« on: April 29, 2005, 01:17 AM »
i open them and their heads almost always come off how am i supposed to make dioramas with these crappy things, plus without them the separatists are outnumbered, i cant wait to find the destroyers, plus i guess the supers arent that bad, also i think maybe i might focus on neimodian warriors being the main separatist forces

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: battle droids = terrible
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 02:29 AM »
I have got to agree...  CHEWIE, I know you like them it seems, but in my area they're pegwarmers bigtime (SBD's and BD's), and they are the same piss-poor quality that the Saga figures were as well.

I liked the Saga SBD, actually (give it wrist articulation and it's perfect, mine all stand fine), however, the basic BD's have sucked since the Saga line and ROTS is no different.  The paintjob's are great but the figures collapse all too easily under their own weight, even on stands.  Hasbro did battledroids some justice in E1, and with the POTJ Security BD, but they've tanked damn near every one of them since the Boomer Damage droid.  :(  If they'd only improve the plastic they'd have a good figure.  I hate to army build with it actually, otherwise I'd nab a droid with every Clone probably.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 08:27 AM »
Yeah, I could not bring myself to even hold one in my hands this time.   However, harder plastic would be welcome IMO.  They are flimsy. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 10:37 AM »
They come with a STAND and they still fall over because the legs are made of rubber.

Junkiest figures of them all.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 10:47 AM »
I bought one, against all of my judgment. It's a piece of crap, but it's still standing. :-\

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 10:56 AM »
Well, I like this figure damnit.   ;D

Compared to most of the other Battle Droids, this one looks awesome... I've got 22 of them now, and none of them have a problem with their heads falling off. 

You do, however, need to get some better stands for them.  The one that comes with the figure looks good, but is pretty much useless.

I highly recommend www.realstands.com... check out their website and order there, or place an order over the phone.  There are two pegs for the figures on these stands... and when you order, make sure you mention that you heard about them through this site.   ;)

Overall, I've got about 120 SAGA/ROTS Battle Droids on these stands.  They work perfectly for this.

That is my solution to this problem, and after getting these, I have no issues with the Battle Droid.  Without these though, I agree, they suck.  With them, they rock.  Don't give up on this figure, because there is a solution.

Before I used them for this figure, I was frustrated too.  But now, CHEWIE can relax and enjoy his Separatist Army.

:P

« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 10:59 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 11:05 AM »
Yes, but can you make them kneel like I can my Episode 1 droids? :-*

WITHOUT CUSTOMIZING?

Kevin

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 11:11 AM »
You do, however, need to get some better stands for them.  The one that comes with the figure looks good, but is pretty much useless.

I highly recommend www.realstands.com... check out their website and order there, or place an order over the phone.  There are two pegs for the figures on these stands... and when you order, make sure you mention that you heard about them through this site.   ;)

I'll second this point.  The stands that come with the RotS figures were a nice touch, but for a large number of the figures (Battle Droid, Aayla) they suck.  I was much happier with how they looked with the REAL stand than the Hasbro stand. 

Much more stability in the figure when 2 feet are on pegs instead of just one...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 11:14 AM »
Much more stability in the figure when 2 feet are on pegs instead of just one...

Jeff

But ultimatley usless when you want all of your droids doing the "Flamingo" on the grassy lawn of Naboo! :D

Kevin

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 11:16 AM »

Jeff

But ultimatley usless when you want all of your droids doing the "Flamingo" on the grassy lawn of Naboo! :D

Kevin

Yeah, but since I just have (*gasp*) ONE, all I need him to do is stand next to GG and look "battle droid-y".

No need for my BDs to do hot dance moves...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 11:17 AM »
No, I sure can't... but, they still look better than the wide hipped EPI version I think.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 11:20 AM »
No need for my BDs to do hot dance moves...

Jeff

They're all the rage on the Outter Rim! ;D

Kevin

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 11:25 AM »
Famine, I'll make sure to use these new ones in a photonovel, just to irritate you.   :-*

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2005, 11:29 AM »
Oh I already know you plan to. :P

Kevin

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2005, 02:06 AM »
I still think the very first BD from TPM is the best rendition of the character. It moves more and stands up better. Plus they don't warp as easily when they're stored.

I just wish I'd have picked up more dirty ones when they were a buck or cheaper each.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk