Author Topic: The Full 56  (Read 11864 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: The Full 56
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2005, 08:40 PM »
I think the only gripe I have is that  I wish there were another Padme.  I'd sure trade her for Antilies or Zett, but I'm sure there are plenty more of her to come.

I think I may skip most early collection 1 figs, considering the options we're getting later on.  Still torn though.  We'll see. 

SilverZ

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2005, 02:25 AM »
All Collection I figures suck?  Hmmm what about the Emperor one?

:P

Well, I can't comment on the Emperor, but if Brent's happy perhaps there's some hope.

So far I've opened Obi-Wan 1, Anakin 1, Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Tarfful, Obi 27, and R2-D2. I'm not happy with any of them. If the paint apps or plastic quality aren't bad on the figure, the action feature renders them as either statues or Happy Meal toys. Of all those I've opened, I'm now waiting on better versions of each to come down the pipe. That sucks.

The fact that this complete list already has a third Obi to hopefully start fixing the kidified ones gives me hope.

I've only opened Agen from C2, and in my opinion, he's on par with the new sculpts in OTC.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2005, 02:35 AM »
I concur Jared.

I was immediately likening him to the Cantina wave.  He's not perfect, but he's far from bad either.  He has plenty of articulation but can't hold a saber with 2 hands, which sucks...  He has the kickass robe...  It was a neat idea however I still prefer a cloth one made of good material. 

Speaking of material, Agen's skirt is cloth but sewn together which is sorta tough to pose his legs then, and it's not the limpest cloth either.  Yet I totally see Agen making a good "Old" Obi-Wan if you wanted one.  :)

His saber's old-school wtih the removable blade AND fits on his belt.  Kick ass!

He's not bad...  Just not perfect.  I like him though, he's fun.  I think some figures will disappoint where a corner's been cut more than Agen does...  Others though I think will look pretty good. 

If those damn figs at KM weren't $8 each, I'd have at least gotten a couple more.  :(  KM just put a knife in my heart...  Damn them!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2005, 05:13 AM »
Forgive me if this has already been discussed elsewhere, but another notable )and GOOD) omission is Jar Jar.  Seeing as how there's no figure of him, and I've yet to see him in any footage, it looks like his role has diminished even beyond his brief cameos in AOTC, so that's obviously excellent news.  I wouldn't mind another brief cameo for him in ROTS though, just to see him get waxed...   8)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2005, 11:36 AM »
I hope that they put out a paint-op variant of the SA CloneTrooper that looks like this:

I love the blue stripes on these clones for some reason.

This is the Spec Ops Clone Trooper.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2005, 02:01 PM »
Got Mace Windu in the mail today... I actually like this figure quite a bit.  The only flaw to me is the shoulders, but when he is holding his lightsaber with both hands he looks just fine.  Very little to complain about... if this figure is considered the turd of the ROTS line, we are in good shape.  He's already way better than most of the initial AOTC stuff!!!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2005, 03:02 PM »
I opened Ani and Obi :-\  Wish I hadn't.  The action feature pretty much ruins any sort of poseability these things had and if that weren't enough, the useless elbow articulation on the left arm ruins it completely.  Blech.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2005, 09:10 AM »
I've been trying to figure out which Ani or Obi would be best to pick up initially (don't want both of each), and it sounds like the first ones out in Series 1 aren't exactly getting glowing reviews.  From that "full 56" poster, it looks like the later ones (Obi Pilot and Crispy Anakin) will probably be the best, although the Anakin isn't exactly a "normal" version.  Nice to see lots of people finding figures early, although its too bad the Col 1 figures aren't exactly getting glowing reviews.  I'm a little disappointed with the excessive yellow highlights on the wookiee figures as well, at least from what I've seen in pictures.  The painting used on the VOTC Chewbacca was just right, too bad they couldn't have followed that standard.  Nothing new around here yet, just preview figures clearanced at Target, and empty pegs at Wal-Mart.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2005, 11:52 AM »
Well I opened the first Obi Wan and Anakin - glad I did.  I love the Anakin figure.

I've got a Chewbacca too - not as bad as I thought it might be, but a far cry from the VOTC one.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 11:55 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2005, 03:57 PM »
Well I opened the first Obi Wan and Anakin - glad I did.  I love the Anakin figure.

I've got a Chewbacca too - not as bad as I thought it might be, but a far cry from the VOTC one.

I opened Ani and Obi :-\ Wish I hadn't. The action feature pretty much ruins any sort of poseability these things had and if that weren't enough, the useless elbow articulation on the left arm ruins it completely. Blech.

Just out of curiosity - have either of you guys tried to put our two heroes behind the wheel of their respective starfighters?

For me, I'll be extremely disappointed if the only way I get a Anakin pilot figure is to customize one and that I'll have to wait until figure #56 comes out to get the Obi-Wan that can fly his own ship!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2005, 04:01 PM »
I'll check on that tonight.   :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2005, 05:12 PM »
I'm going to buy both Anakins from 1 and 2, so I can make a figure worthy of display. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2005, 04:53 PM »
Pete, I can't make the comparison for you with the starfighters, they haven't shown up in Canada yet (no Targets).  My disappointment comes from the lack of arm poseability.  The right arms are hooked into the action feature; the left arms are only articulated to rotate at the elbow, not straighten.  I didn't like Ani's face sculpt/coloration from the start, though I did like the Obi figure in the package.  I don't recall the knees being articulated, but I sure hope they are. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Aaron_D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2005, 04:03 AM »
Prediction:  That will be given out as a poster at the Hasbro booth at C3, similar to the Saga one handed out at C2.    8)

Good call!  Now, did anyone wind up with any extras of these posters from Hasbro's booth at C3?  I'd like to try to get one for a reasonable price or trade, so drop me a line if you can help.  Thanks!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2005, 04:19 AM »
Prediction:  That will be given out as a poster at the Hasbro booth at C3, similar to the Saga one handed out at C2.    8)

Good call!  Now, did anyone wind up with any extras of these posters from Hasbro's booth at C3?  I'd like to try to get one for a reasonable price or trade, so drop me a line if you can help.  Thanks!

Anyone need an assist on the ROTS figure poster Hasbro was giving out?  I nabbed a bunch of extras if you do.  Free, plus shipping.  LMK!

- M

;)