Author Topic: battle droids = terrible  (Read 10293 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: battle droids = terrible
« Reply #30 on: May 3, 2005, 03:03 PM »
I think the figure LOOKS great, especially surrounded by droidekas and SBDs, and it stands great on Real Stands (www.realstands.com).  My only gripe is that it isn't very sturdy without a stand.  Real Stands has a 2 for 1 sale every Christmas, it's a good time for y'all to load up on these.

Yep, Real Stands rock.  If we're gonna spend so much on our collections, what's a few more bucks to make your figures stand?  It's not like every figure needs these, pretty much just the Battle Droids.

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: May 3, 2005, 09:49 PM »
I gotta disagree.

If hasbro has proven they CAN do it right, they should do it right...  Not to dredge up old debate, but case-in-point...  the Fleet Trooper.  His helmet's stuck to his head, yet it's a separate mold.  Make it removable and make people happy and keep a "standard" going...  That's one of many problems I find with that figure, but on the droid it's just a matter of using GOOD plastic on its legs.

E1 basic droids stood fine...  Then OOM-9 came and he toppled and our BD's have toppled ever since.  Why?  It's unnecessary, especially on a figure they've made their $$$ back on now 10 fold.

Stands are greaty, but if I already paid $5+ for a figure it should stand fine without stands...  I don't feel it's my obligation to invest even more in a job Hasbro should've done right the first time.  That's not very fair as I see it from the consumer standpoint.  Hopefully we'll see improved droids in the future, even if it's the same sculpt (fine by me), and preferably in a nice 3-pack to build a good army with.

Hell, my 3-pack break-away droid from the Clone Wars line stands better than any droid post E1.  Use THAT plastic even! 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 3, 2005, 10:51 PM »
Any figure Hasbro makes should stand on its own, unless you live 200 yards from the railway, where the cars shake your whole room, starting this year, cause they bumped the speed limit on the tracks. ::)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 4, 2005, 12:07 PM »
I do agree Jesse.  But for your birthday, I am going to order you some Real Stands.   :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: May 5, 2005, 01:53 AM »
9/7...

And I'll remember that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 5, 2005, 11:22 AM »
Ok, PM me a reminder late in August, and your address.   ;)

I want you do enjoy your Battle Droids more Jesse.   :)