Author Topic: Best RotS Vehicle  (Read 5386 times)

Offline Maul

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Best RotS Vehicle
« on: April 29, 2005, 03:29 PM »
 wat do u think

i think its deffinitely the tri fighter then maybe the that clone fighter even though its 30$ i picked one up, picked up two tri fighters though
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 04:02 PM by Jeff »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: best vehicle
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 03:50 PM »
I don't have any of the vehicles yet but the ARC - 170 would probably get my vote as the best vehicle.  Or maybe Kenobi's red starfighter.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 03:58 PM »
Hmmm.... I would have to go in the following order (based on what's out so far, and will post how many of each I have) -

1 - ARC-170 x 2
2 - AT-RT x 2
3 - Tri-Fighter x 1
4 - Gunship x 1
5 - Wheelbike x 1
6 - Obi Wan Starfighter x 1
7 - Anakin Starfighter x 1
8 - BARC Speeder x 4

Oh look, only two of those are Separtist vehicles... see?  They're getting the shaft.   >:(

Am I missing anything?  I guess the Boga doesn't count as a vehicle.  If it did, it would be somewhat high on my list.   ;)

:P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 04:02 PM »
Not counting the Boga, which I think is quite cool too, I'd have to say the ARC-170 Fighter is pretty nice.  If you are cramped for space, maybe not the best choice, but one of the nicer ships I think I've seen for awhile.  Although I know its not a popular choice with others, I kind of like the new Starfighter design...and particularly the coloration of Obi-Wan's fighter.  I just found the AT-RT this week, and haven't tried out the "walking" feature yet, but otherwise from what I have seen, I really like it as well.  I haven't picked up the Tri-Droid Fighter, and don't really plan to, but I hear it is pretty nice from those who have gotten it.  I plan to eventually get Grievous' Wheelbike, but don't have it yet so I guess I can't offer much of an opinion on it at this point.  The upcoming Wookiee helicopter looks quite cool to me, from pictures.  Overall, the ARC-170 wins out with me as far as the ROTS offerings go.....nice big ship, room for three pilots/clones, and a droid socket.  Spiffy.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
Re: Best RotS Vehicle
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 04:10 PM »
I only have anakin's star fighter so far and it's really good but I want the arc-170, after seeing it at C3, it is HUGE!
 ;D
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 05:10 PM »
The ARC-170, hands down.  Good sculpt, decent scale, good moving parts.  Great play value.

I'm hoping to have this one eclipsed by one item that I think/hope may be on tap for Christmas:  the Clone Turbo Tank.  I think this could be THE big vehicle for the ROTS line, and I think it might get unveiled at Comic Con in San Diego.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 05:16 PM »
Turbo Tank or AT-TE... either one would make me happy.  I think the Turbo Tank would be less complex for them to make.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 07:31 PM »
I have each of the vehicles now available, and so far I really like the Obi-Wan starfighter, now I ust need a pilot for it!

The ARC-170 is also a well done vehilce, I just wish there were a couple more decals for displays for the middle seat.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2005, 02:04 AM »
I finally saw the ARC-170 today, but I didn't buy it. The box felt pretty hefty, so I bet that's a lot of kick-ass toy for $30. :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 2, 2005, 08:58 AM »
The ARC-170 is the best ROTS vehicle hands down.  It is pretty big and heavy and not meant for just everyone.  You gotta know what you are doing to be able to handle an ARC-170. :P
Gatillo
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 2, 2005, 10:26 AM »
The ARC-170 is definitely the best like you said Gatillo.  Really one of the coolest vehicles in the entire line in my opinion.   :)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 2, 2005, 11:09 AM »
Yep, the ARC is the ship to get if you're in the market for only one.

I must admit I'm disappointed with the AT-RT - I don't like the deco of the figure and it doesn't walk for ****.

Maybe I'm expecting too much for $20...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 2, 2005, 11:37 AM »
I would like to chime in that I too think the ARC-170 is the hands down winner of the best ROTS and possibly the best PT toy-line ship.

The ship has decent scale relative to the figures. They didn't scrimp on the design and leave out a crew spot - it fits three pilots AND an astromech - how can you go wrong with that?

I think the second place to the ARC-170 is the Gunship - it was a great toy when it originally came out and it still is a great toy - but the ARC-170 has eclipsed it.

Now if they come out with an AT-TE or Turbo Tank, I'll have to rethink the best vehicle...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 2, 2005, 04:29 PM »
We need a massive vehicle in the ROTS line.  We never got a massive one for AOTC.  Sure the gunship is cool but it is not big like Amidala's ship from TPM.  I would so jump on a massive, well done, ~$100 priced vehicle that can carry my clones and kick some separatist a$$. (it can equally betray some jedi if that is what you are into)
Gatillo

You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 2, 2005, 04:32 PM »
I like the way you think Gatillo, and am glad to be chatting with you again. 

I agree, the AOTC line really was lacking without some sort of blockbuster vehicle to be the holy grail of the line.  An AT-TE would have been so nice.  Or even those LAAT platform things.  I don't know, just something huge and cool.

I am still keeping my fingers crossed that we get something like this for Christmas.