Author Topic: Post your ROTS reviews and thoughts!  (Read 33046 times)

Offline amarsella

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Post your ROTS reviews and thoughts!
« Reply #105 on: June 1, 2005, 04:43 PM »
I was fiend for spoilers and I loved this movie. I put it at number 3 overall right after ANH and TESB. I've seen it 5 times so far and I plan on going at least a couple more.

Don't get me wrong there are a couple things I wasn't crazy about but that's true off all the SW films.

I was worried that since I kept up with all the spoilers I was going to be let down but ROTS met and exceeded my expectations.
Put on your old fur coat, it's 1973

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
  • Amy Allen... priceless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 2, 2005, 12:56 AM »
I was worried that since I kept up with all the spoilers I was going to be let down but ROTS met and exceeded my expectations.

Very cool bud.  You are one of the rare ones (at least on this thread) where spoilers didn't ruin the flick.  Right on!

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 2, 2005, 07:24 PM »
Seen it three times since it opened and I still enjoy it everytime.  I have only minor problems with it like many here I didn't like the droids voices, Vader No, and some other small things.  After seen it the first time I been noticing new things that I like in that I missed out on, Anakin choking a Jedi in the Holo Video which I missed the first time and some other little things.  I have plans to see it a couple of more times in the next few weeks.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2005, 10:14 AM »
I just wanted to mention that one scene I thought was amazingly done is the one where Padme and Anakin are talking on the Veranda before he heads to Mustafar and post Youngling slaughter...

Anakin walks in and out of the shadows that are there...which echoes his plunging in to the dark side with his only tether to the light being his wife....who is standing on his right side which is where the light is coming from.  Its well done and something I didn't see the first or second times I saw it...

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2005, 01:20 PM »
I just wanted to mention that one scene I thought was amazingly done is the one where Padme and Anakin are talking on the Veranda before he heads to Mustafar and post Youngling slaughter...

Anakin walks in and out of the shadows that are there...which echoes his plunging in to the dark side with his only tether to the light being his wife....who is standing on his right side which is where the light is coming from.  Its well done and something I didn't see the first or second times I saw it...

Good one Scott!

That theme is repeated on Mustafar, when she runs out of the lighted ship to confront Anakin. She's pleading with him to escape with her (back into the light). Obi-Wan also comes out of the lighted ship.

-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 7, 2005, 09:37 AM »
Finally saw it for the first time this past weekend.

I just found it terribly muddled, like they were trying to put too much stuff into it. I'm not a big fan of the CGI, so a lot of the time, the Clones looked bad walking and running. I actually chuckled to myself a couple times at non-humorous moments in the film because it was so over-the-top.

A few things I did like about it included all the different Clone markings (if I still had money to collect, I'd be chomping at the bit to buy all the different Clones) and Ewan's performance. He does a perfect Obi-Wan.

So, after completing my Star Wars viewing, I'd rank them:
1. Star Wars
2. Empire
3. Jedi
4. Phantom
5. Clones
6. Sith

Phantom has really grown on me. I like the entire look of the movie, Darth Maul saber fights, the Pod Race, the fact that Yoda hasn't been CGI'd, and even young Anakin. Jar Jar is still is a little annoying, but it's definitely my favorite of the prequels.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2005, 12:46 AM »
I got to thinking about the length of ROTS today. I was thinking it should have been longer. I just finished the novel, and I just think there's so much there that should have been onscreen. It really should have been a 3 hour (or more) film, since he left 60% (by his own admission) of the prequel story for this one movie.

It probably would have been clunkier including the stuff from the novel, but it would have elevated it slightly, methinks. A lot of what was in the novel was subtext that either the actors or Lucas couldn't convey, but that's another argument.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2005, 11:38 PM »
Another cool thing I noticed whilst watching ROTS today :P

Vader's eyes turn from white to Glowing red right before he tells Obi-Wan that he hates him...pretty cool