Author Topic: A little Imperial action  (Read 3087 times)

Offline Violentfix

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Cobra: The Inner Sanctum
A little Imperial action
« on: May 1, 2005, 06:47 PM »

Well, long story short,  I bought my first Star Wars Legos today and within a couple of hours I had to dig out all of my old Legos and went to work.

I am officially an addict and if you don't collect Star Wars Legos than you are missing out.  Here's a little somthing I wipped up today.

ENJOY!

Let me know what you think.
For the GI Joe Fans out there, Check out my site:
www.cobratheinnersanctum.com

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: A little Imperial action
« Reply #1 on: May 2, 2005, 02:55 PM »
Holy crap, that's a sick display there Eric!  :o  Reminds me a lot of Niub Niub's famous diorama with the 4" figures (that he brought to C3).

So how'd you amass so many Imperial figures like that?  I assume you haven't bought those all in sets, but are rather getting them individually...

I love the hangar wall too, the gun turrets on the outside of it, and the railings/balconies up on it.  Does the wall extend along the sides of the diorama as well, or is it only the one wall?  How long'd it take you to put the whole thing together?

I take it you don't do any customizing with the figures though, right?  If so, you need to whip up some Imperial Dignitaries to complete the scene.  ;)

Great, great stuff.  Keep 'em coming!  8)

- Matt
« Last Edit: May 2, 2005, 02:55 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 2, 2005, 04:15 PM »

So how'd you amass so many Imperial figures like that?  I assume you haven't bought those all in sets, but are rather getting them individually...

- Matt

Bet you he has a lot of Jedi Lukes that he has no need for.  ;)  That set was clearanced at KB 3 for $10.

Impressive display.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Violentfix

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Cobra: The Inner Sanctum
« Reply #3 on: May 2, 2005, 04:26 PM »
Holy crap, that's a sick display there Eric!  :o  Reminds me a lot of Niub Niub's famous diorama with the 4" figures (that he brought to C3).

I love the hangar wall too, the gun turrets on the outside of it, and the railings/balconies up on it.  Does the wall extend along the sides of the diorama as well, or is it only the one wall?  How long'd it take you to put the whole thing together?

I take it you don't do any customizing with the figures though, right?  If so, you need to whip up some Imperial Dignitaries to complete the scene.  ;)

- Matt

Although this was my first day collecting Star Wars Legos, it's not my first Lego set.  A few years back I used to build Lego Castles in huge scale, we're talking 7 or 8 square feet.  The parts are easily compatible.

Here's a shot that shows the Dioramas surroundings.

I don't do any customes, yet, but that's certainly something I'd like to get into.

Mikey D is right.
Bet you he has a lot of Jedi Lukes that he has no need for.    That set was clearanced at KB 3 for $10.

I bought 20 of those sets at 3 for ten dollars and one Imperial inspection set.  The rest is all Castle and some town Legos that I've had for a long time.

I'm glad you guys like it.  I plan to expand on it and make it a little better.  THis was something that was thought up and executed, all in about half a day.

Thanks
For the GI Joe Fans out there, Check out my site:
www.cobratheinnersanctum.com

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 3, 2005, 05:00 PM »
That's awesome!

Offline bobafett1121

• Youngling
  • Boba Fett Rules!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 07:22 AM »
Are you planning on showing any of your older dioramas. And producing new star wars ones.
Boba Fett Rules!!!!!!