Author Topic: Terminator Salvation  (Read 17112 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator Salvation
« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2009, 12:17 AM »
I can't see that be the ending of the movie... that would be suicide of the franchise.

I saw the movie a few days ago and I didn't think it was horrible. I liked parts of it, but there are somethings that didn't fit well in what I thought of post-apocalyptic future. I always thought of the future as dark and bleak (as we saw in the earlier movies); that humans fought with whatever weapons they had, some cars, jeeps, not with Warthogs. There always seems to be a boiler room fight at the end... Plus, I thought there were too many models of Terminators about (I'm not talking about the foot soldiers but the motocycles, the huge Transformer thing that captures humans and puts them inside a container). I also thought that if the computers were trying to eradicate humans then why did they capture them to use all for the programs?

But it was a cool movie. Glad to see something fun come out.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2009, 11:31 AM »
I can't decide what I thought of this yet after seeing it last night. I agree with you Vlad on the feel of the "future". It didn't seem the same as what they showed in T2 or even the TV show. I didn't like a lot of the different machines either.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2009, 05:56 PM »
Saw the movie yesterday - why did it have to be made?  Should have just left it alone even though ROTM was kinda lame.  I was bored through quite a bit of the movie, but I dug the mega terminator with motorcycles in his legs (have no idea what he's called)

I guess I didn't quite catch the ending on how it worked, but Conner broke into SKYNET and I believe there was only Arnold and one other terminator on screen before the prisoner extraction...Did Marcus shut everything down?  Obviously he must have...I guess even though they were still manufacturing.  Conner comes in all by himself - then frees the prisoners and tells them to get to evac ships or whatever?   I don't remember that being set up.  Would be kinda weird though living/working with your father who's only a teenager.  I liked the actor who played Kyle though.  Thought he did a great job.

Meh...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2009, 06:38 PM »
Can someone answer this for me.  Why didnt the Terminators just go back to an earlier timeline and eliminate anyone who had a chance of changing the future?  I know on the Sarah Connor Chronicles that the machines went back to an incorrect timeline and waited for the future to eliminate their targets.  Why not just eliminate that persons parents, grandparents, etc.  Was this ever explained?

I think there are two reasons.  One, which has been covered, is that records aren't fantastic. Some of these people may be hard to track down, especially when you factor in married names or common last names.  I've often wondered why skynet didn't just send Terminators back to the early 1900's to wipe people out as well, but I think the concern is that if there was widespread knowledge that Terminators existed, people would take action to make sure that they were never built in the future.  Anything that radically changes the timelines could also eradicate skynet.  I know the TV show bunks this, but maybe there's even a limitation on how fat back in time they can travel.  Maybe the time travel science is only precise enough or powerful enough to travel back to the 80's or later?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 1, 2009, 10:25 AM »
I don't understand what all the harsh criticism is all about. I thought the movie was pretty fun. I don't think what they did with tweaking the established mythology was all that offensive. After all, they're just Terminator movies.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMasterspidy

• Youngling
  • I'm an idiot, sorry.
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #110 on: June 5, 2009, 11:28 AM »
I think this movie had a lot of potenial.  Think of this twist  anyone think the Old Lady in the gas station ..could have been..ummm Sarah? That would have a twist..I still think she might be..the Gas station at the end of T1..when she takes the picture..I think if they woyuld have forgot John Connor until the end and just a story about Kyle and his back story..might have been better..
I still love www.JediDefender.com!

Offline clonebuyer111

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 6, 2009, 12:34 AM »
I watched the movie yesterday and liked it but was sad that arnold wasnt really in it.