Author Topic: NBA - 2002/03  (Read 45333 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: The NBA Playoffs
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2003, 07:08 PM »
Wow, that was a mighty impressive comeback in Indiana today by your boys there Brent!  Pierce really stepped up in the fourth with a couple of clutch 3's and endless free throws (21/21, wow!).  Gotta give 'em credit - they never gave up...

I guess I wouldn't mind seeing the dreaded Celt's hand it to the Pacers, who I currently detest even more.  I've never liked that pretty boy Isiah Thomas.  I HATE Reggie Miller more than anyone in the league, except possibly Scottie Pippen.  The way he flails his limbs around in the air to imitate a foul every single time he shoots the ball is an embarrasment to the game.  Despise the idiot Ron Artest too.  What an out-of-control freak.  Mike Miller's a jerk too.

So for once, I think I'm actually rooting for your team Brent.  Enjoy it while it lasts!   ;)  Boy, if I can't talk much smack to either you OR Scott in the first round, this is gonna be really boring...   :-\

* JediMAC slaps Brent and Scott, since he can't root against their teams right now...

Wow, and an unbelievable finish (to regulation and OT) in the Spurs/Suns game 1.  Two desparation 3 point bank shots, and Phoenix takes the early lead.  Duncan's got no one to blame but himself for missing those last 2 free throws with 5 seconds left.  Could've iced the game...   ::)  Works for me though!  Fun watching the underdog kick some booty!   :)

BTW, you guys still owe me an answer to my quiz question in my previous post here!   :-*
« Last Edit: April 19, 2003, 08:56 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2003, 06:01 PM »
Well, they made it interesting at least.  I was about ready to throw in the towel for the whole series based on the first 5 minutes of the game.  We have no shot... :'( :'(  Go Spurs, Kings, or Mavs

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2003, 11:00 PM »
Now that is a first half of basketball.  This is also why the Lakers will not 4 peat, or 4 play...you might as well 4 get it Matt :-*

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2003, 12:23 AM »
Man was Troy Hudson on fire tonight, why couldn't they have done this on Sunday?  At least they will be coming back to Minnesota for Game 5 :-[  Now we need the Wild to score a goal and go to Round 2 before the Wolves do!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2003, 12:42 AM »
Oh sure, it won't be a sweep, but let's just dream of a role reversal and pretend the pups are on the same road as the ducks were in hockey.  It could happen and boy, would I enjoy it ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2003, 02:16 AM »
What are you two talking about?  Did the Lakers play tonight, or something?  I must've missed it...   :P   :-*

>:(   ::)   >:(   ::)   >:(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2003, 09:03 PM »
Pivotal Game 3 tonight...for some stooooopid reason though the game doesn't start here until 10PM, there is no way I can stay up tonight.

I think the Lakers will rebound and kill the Pups tonight, there is no way Hudson can play as well as he did on Tuesday.  I'll read your snide comments tomorrow I guess Matt, although true to your word you have been...restrained.  For that I'll give you 9 out of 10 Smilies

:):):):):):):):):)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2003, 01:29 AM »
Matt and Scott may be here sooner than the end of the hockey game :o  5:45 left in 4th quarter, tied at 87.  

Great night for sports, bad night for sleep.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2003, 02:59 AM »
Did the Lakers play AGAIN tonight?  Geez, I was too enthralled with that insane Ducks/Stars game to even notice.   ::)  Now those guys have HEART.  Maybe the sorry a$$ Lakers should watch a replay of the Ducks game to learn what drive, desire, and determination are all about, 'cause they sure as $hi* don't have it.

Wolves played a tough game.  They deserved it.  Garnett is a total stud, despite his stupid 6th foul right at the beginning of OT.  If the Lakers can't beat the Wolves without their MVP candidate or center, in the entire overtime, on OUR floor, then we should just stick our tails in between our legs and walk our sorry @$$ butts back home.  Kobe and Shaq both stunk the place up.  Kobe just looked like he didn't even care most of the game...  They better get it in gear real quick, else JediMAC winds up rooting for the Wolves throughout the rest of the playoffs.   :-X

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2003, 09:56 AM »
Sounds like the refs tried to Sacramento the Wolves last night with some of the worst officiating since Game 6 of the KIngs-Lakers series last year.

I am shocked that they won, even more shocked they won with all of the calls going against them and even more more shocked they won without KG and Rasho.

Egads!  Make me (and most of MN) a believer!  I want this so abd but don't want my hopes to be crushed

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2003, 03:04 PM »
Sounds like the refs tried to Sacramento the Wolves last night with some of the worst officiating since Game 6 of the KIngs-Lakers series last year.

I read those reports on both CNNSI and ESPN (AP) this morning and am frankly completely dumbfounded by them.  I'm not quite sure what the hell game those guys were watching, but I didn't find any of those 3 specific calls questionable AT ALL.  They showed several replays of each of them, and not even any of the announcers took issue with the calls.  Pretty cut and dry to me.  Furthermore, it looked like Garnett should have definitely fouled out late in the fourth quarter on what should have been a foul on Kobe's drive - and I don't see anyone mentioning that.  Considering KG torched us after that particular non-call, I'm more than willing to fuss like hell about that one.  There may have been others here and there, but if anything, I thought the officiating was going AGAINST the Lakers the entire game.

But I'll definitely agree that the fourth quarter of that Sacto game last year was truly embarrassing, but I like to look at it as a whole lotta makeup calls for all the non-calls throughout the prior games (and 3 quarters) in that series.  Shaq was getting hacked by 2 or 3 of their guys every time he touched the ball, and there were rarely any corresponding calls.  But I digress...

Whichever way the calls went last night, the T-Wolves won fair and square.  Kicked our butts, and played with 10x more heart and hustle than we did...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2003, 12:40 AM »
Well, the world is an interesting place.  At least if yo are a sports fan.  

NBA today went as it should and as it shouldn't.  Much to Scott's dismay, the Lakers tied up the series.  No surprise at home though.  

The bigger surprise, even to me, is the Celtics.  Pretty close to a strangle hold on their series with the Pacers.  Pretty cool, I must say.  Had an opportunity to take the Celtics in a bet, but chickened out.  Oops.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2003, 03:34 PM »
Well, that Lakers/T'Wolves Game 4 was just flat out ugly to watch.  I guess all that matters it that we pulled the "W", but man...  I wonder how bad Kobe's shoulder is really hurting, 'cause I haven't seen him shoot this bad in years.  He says it's not too bad, but I think that's just 'cause he doesn't like to make excuses.

KG played another great game, but choked by missing those 2 free throws with 15 seconds left.  That effectively ended it.  Not sure why Flip took Hudson out for so long either.  Sure, Strickland filled in decently, but Hudson totally cooled off, and was a total non-factor when he finally did get back in, halfway through the fourth quarter, after a sizzling first three.  Very bad move...

Celt's are waxing the Pacers - very good to see.  T-Mac and the Magic are handing it to the overachieving Pistons too.  Pretty sad to watch a #1 seed getting worked over so badly.  Pathetic really.  Suns are all knotted up with the (now) underachieving Spurs - that's nice to see.  Even the long in the tooth Jazz snuck a game from the Kings.  Cool!  Fun 1st round action across the board!  Too bad the Mav's couldn't seal the deal and sweep the criminal Blazers out of picture for good...

Back to MN we go!  Hasta man(y)ana...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2003, 09:56 PM »
Ah yes... now that was more like it (last night).  Order seems to have been restored in the universe after the Lakers 30 point trouncing of the Pups last night.  Not to mention Troy Hudson realized he's not Michael Jordan, and finally came back down to Earth!  Not counting anyone out though...  Still one win to go in this series!

Celts sure stunk up the joint in OT last night...   ::)  What was the deal with that Brent?  First OT shutout in playoff history!  Ugh.  They better not let those damned Pacers back into it now...

Might be Stockton and Malone's last get together tonight as well.  It'll be sad to watch the end of that era - which just could never quite make it to the top.

Hornets suprisingly stung the 76'ers back tonight, as it appears the Pistons are about to do to the Magic.  Some more well fought series there...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: May 1, 2003, 05:18 PM »
Some big games tonight!  Hopefully my boys will close out the Pups, and not mess with going back there for a game 7!  Three other 3-2 matchups tonight.  Should be exciting...

Yo, who's your daddy?!

The New Mr. Clutch