Author Topic: Greivous' Cough?  (Read 11538 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Greivous' Cough?
« on: May 8, 2005, 05:29 PM »
Whats up with his cough?  Is this explained anywhere?  I see no need for this to be even in the movie unless there is some significance ???

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Greivous' Cough?
« Reply #1 on: May 8, 2005, 05:45 PM »
In the Clone Wars Volume 2, Mace Windu hurts Greivous chest area.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 8, 2005, 05:59 PM »
In the Clone Wars Volume 2, Mace Windu hurts Greivous chest area.

Kevin

Ahh, your right.  What a dumbass.  I totally forgot about that.  Thanx.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 02:30 PM »
I don't care for him at all, I think it was stupid to create this extra character when Dooku could have filled the same role.  The coughing thing is annoying as well

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 02:59 PM »
*cough cough*

I think I shall enjoy Teh Greivous! I'll let you *cough cough* know after the *cough* movie.

Kevin

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 03:06 PM »
Is there an audio sample someplace (like a preview, trailer, tv ad) of his cough in the movie? 

I don't think I've actually heard his movie voice yet, just the cartoon network version.  If there is a grevious audio clip, I think missed that one...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 05:43 PM »
I have the Ep. III video game (awesome btw) and it's has various actual movie clips that I have never seen before.  One of them, shows Grevious entering the bridge on the Invisible Hand, coughing pretty good, just before getting a sit rep by a battle droid.

It is an odd sight seeing GG coughing that's for sure.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 05:45 PM »
Is there an audio sample someplace (like a preview, trailer, tv ad) of his cough in the movie? 

I don't think I've actually heard his movie voice yet, just the cartoon network version.  If there is a grevious audio clip, I think missed that one...  :-\
Yeah, DSM and Jim probably saw it the same place I did, the EpIII Video Game.  It sucks, IMO

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005, 06:15 PM »
Yeah, I dont care for it.  It just does not fit IMO.  Plus how many people who see the movie actually saw the CW Cartoon?  Alot of people will be scratching there heads saying what the flock.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2005, 10:59 PM »
I don't care for him at all, I think it was stupid to create this extra character when Dooku could have filled the same role.  The coughing thing is annoying as well

He was created to be the walking, talking action figure of the movie. See Darth Maul and Jango Fett.

And I've never heard about his cough before. I guess I'll wait and see the film, but it sounds kinda stupid. Wouldn't he fix/repair himself to where he didn't cough?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2005, 11:08 PM »
He had no chance. He kidnapped Palpatine, and then Anakin and Obi flew off to battle for the opening crawl of ROTS!

Kevin

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2005, 11:17 PM »
He had no chance. He kidnapped Palpatine, and then Anakin and Obi flew off to battle for the opening crawl of ROTS!

Kevin

But after that, he escapes to Utapau... he could have gotten repaired there, as he most likely has a few days before Kenobi finds him.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 07:52 PM »
I know nothing of this cough yet (avoiding spoilers for the most part), but it definitely sounds kinda lame.

I've hated the Grievous character since it's inception really, but after seeing some of his footage at C3, I have to admit that he's looking a lot cooler now, and I'm actually a little excited to see him in action.

But one spoiler I recently ran across somewhere said that there were FIVE lightsaber battles in ROTS.  I already know of most of them:

Anakin & Obi-Wan vs. Dooku
Mace and Jedi vs. Palpy
Yoda vs. Sidious
Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
and presumably Obi-Wan vs. Grievous (I know they fight, at least)

But what bums me out a bit (especially after watching the CW series) is that Grievous apparently takes no part in the killing of any of the other Jedi in ROTS?  I always figured he must play a large roll in the Jedi massacre, but it's looking more like that's just Anakin and the Clones.

Of course, like I said, I've been avoiding most spoilers, so I could be way off here...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 08:45 PM »
There was (and is) still a clip of Grievous on the OS (that you don't have to pay for, imagine that!) where he's talking to Obi-Wan about something or other.  It sounds pretty silly.  I have no idea where the link is, but it was posted at around the time of C3.

"YOOOOOOOOOOOU FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!"

:D

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
  • Amy Allen... priceless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2005, 11:22 PM »
According to the newest issue of Entertainment Weekly, Grievous's cough is a precursor to Vader.  Half-man, half-machine (even though Grievous certainly doesn't appear to be human), the trouble breathing, the mechanical legs and arms, the sinister mask, it all adds up.  Rob Coleman is quoted as saying, "He's like the Alpha version of Vader."