Author Topic: prequel races in the ot?  (Read 3024 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
prequel races in the ot?
« on: August 4, 2004, 08:45 PM »
so, since george started introducing an ass load of new races in the prequel trilogy, what happened to all of them in the original trilogy? were all of these races extinct by that time? wiped out during the clone wars? or do you think that he will just digitally add some of them for the dvd release? or maybe he'll do that in a few years and have an "extended extra special edition" of the trilogy?

just off the top of my head you got:

chalactan (depa billaba)
zabrak (darth maul)
cereans (ki-adi mundi)
lannik (even piell)
dorin (plo koon)
quermian (yarael poof)
thisspiasian (oppo rancisis)
iktotchi (saesee tiin)
nautoloid (kit fisto)
togruta (shaak ti)
gungans
all the pod racers

there's a whole bunch of races of creatures and characters introduced in the pt not in the ot. what happened to all of them?

SilverZ

Re: prequel races in the ot?
« Reply #1 on: August 5, 2004, 10:22 PM »
You know, I've always looked at the PT aliens almost reverse from your perspective. I have always been frustrated that the only background aliens you ever see are bad rubber masks of overused/overpopularized OT aliens in the PT. There's so many Weequay, Ishis, and Greedo looking guys meandering around that it's flat out irritating.

I would have rather seen more variations on the new species introduced populating scenes, and OT characters saved for thier appearance in later episodes.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 3, 2005, 01:49 PM »

there's a whole bunch of races of creatures and characters introduced in the pt not in the ot. what happened to all of them?

That's the whole problem when you go backwards. Your imagination keeps going forward.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #3 on: June 3, 2005, 02:09 PM »
I don't see this as a big deal. They're around during the OT period, just not seen onscreen.

It's been happening all along. Some of the ANH cantina aliens did not reappear in ROTJ (Abyssin, Gotal, Givin, Morseerian). Gands (i.e. Zuckuss) didn't reappear in ROTJ. And Ishi Tib appeared in TPM and AOTC but not ROTS, then pop up in ROTJ.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2005, 02:10 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Herbert_Ackermans

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 4, 2005, 04:40 AM »
Well, how many of the Aliens from ANH did you see in TESB and ROTJ?

Chewie was there, but apart from that? The herd of Bathas in the ROTJ:SE perhaps.

Can you point any Cantina alien out in TESB or ROTJ?

Perhaps yes, but not as prominent as they were in ANH.

The bad part is, we probably will be seeing more and more PT-aliens show up in the OT, just so GL can "link" the 2 more and more together.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 4, 2005, 09:09 PM »
Well, how many of the Aliens from ANH did you see in TESB and ROTJ?

Can you point any Cantina alien out in TESB or ROTJ?

I think that's largly in part due to the fact that Lucas hated most of the aliens in the Cantina.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."