Author Topic: RotS Product Leaks: Already?  (Read 30857 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: RotS Product Leaks: Already?
« Reply #180 on: March 14, 2005, 07:06 PM »
At a MN Wal-Mart I saw three Tarffuls, 1 Droid Attack R2, and 1 Spinning Yoda. I only bought Tarfful; the other two aren't high priority so I'll get them later.

Tarfful's sculpt is pretty good, but the paint should be near-black instead of chocolate brown. The articulation, while passable, isn't spectacular.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Simdog

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 14, 2005, 07:11 PM »
So, we've seen lots and lots of reports of stuff leaking out early:

basic figures (C1 and C2)
deluxe figures
unleashed
jedi force
force battlers
lightsabers
LEGO
Assault Vehicles

but no one is finding the Battle Arena 2-packs, the small vehicles (Boga, AT-RT, BARC), or the ARC-170 yet?  I wonder why those haven't started turning up en masse yet?

Maybe they haven't hit the back room yet, or maybe they won't be around for the April 2nd madness?   :-\

Jeff

I read the the Boga and the BARC Speeder have hit. I am just curious to know what figures have leaked. I, myself have scored 1-26 but I want to know what else is out. A friend of mine had 1-28. I read that 37-40 has hit but what about 33-36? I asked tyhis question several times and no one has even responded to it.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 14, 2005, 09:07 PM »
Found a case of Unleashed on the way home from work today at a nearby KMart.  They rang up no problemo.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 14, 2005, 11:55 PM »
Is $750 too much to pay for five figures from collection 2?   :P

Ok, that was my airfare out to the east coast for a one day, five hour meeting.  On the way back to the airport I checked a local Zellers (the chain Target is rumoured to be buying in Canada) and I found collection two on trilogo cards.  All of it. ;D  I managed to exercise a bit more restraint this time though and only picked up five figs. 

Palpatine - foolish, he's still bound for clearance despite his much greater role in this film.  Who are the manacles for?

C-3PO - it's real basic and poorly articulated by the looks of things but it's one damn nice looking threepio with a cool base.  Again, should have left him but couldn't.

Agen Kolar - had to, just had to.

Kit Fisto - uh what happened to his skin tone between clone wars and Ep III?  I checked my versions of Ep II and CW Kit and they're pretty consistent.  Fall into a vat of bleach maybe?  Neat fig though, loving the neutral pose. 

Royal Guard - red.  Nifty figure, just itching to open this one.  Nice little blaster too, very biker scout-ish.  No blue Royal Guard there though. 

Left everyone else  and was only really tempted by Plo Koon and Shaak Ti because of the neutral poses.  Padme and Mon Mothma suck and will be massive peg warmers.  Dooku's face sculpt is weak.  Bail - meh.  Battle Droid ::)

Now, let's see if Lafayette/West Lafayette can match a tiny little Nova Scotia town.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #184 on: March 14, 2005, 11:57 PM »
Who are the manacles for?

For him...  I think.

Isn't Agen Kolar cool? :)  He's the only figure I can relate with you on, but he does rock.  However I did get to see a Royal Guard up close out of the packaging, and he's one of the better figures IMO.  Even has that holster for the sidearm.  If they'd packed a forcepike in he'd be pretty perfect I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 15, 2005, 12:00 AM »
Yeah, for the most part I've been saying I'll buy pretty much every army builder I find.  I was just ecstatic to find him hanging there.  Made my day even more than the '67 Camaro treasure hunt I found :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #186 on: March 15, 2005, 12:06 AM »
I'm saddened I haven't scored early figures aside from finding everything at KM.  KM blows.   :-\

I mean, Agen's cool but I keep looking at him and he's $8 worth of plastic staring back at me.  At least in KM's eyes he's $8 worth of plastic.  In mine he's $4-$5 no matter how cool he may be...  I guess I'm just gonna be stuck waiting till 4/2 for a real hook-up of figures, but even then the Collection1's I've seen in person weren't much to write home about.

It'll be army builders for me, and the C2 Jedi who I dig...  There's so many clones though, that building armies is gonna be rough this year.  Hell I'm wanting 8 of the Royal Guards at least...  The Senate Guards, who knows.  Then custom fodder...  *sigh*
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 15, 2005, 09:06 AM »
Congrats on more finds everyone, nice to hear stuff is leaking out here and there.  Still nothing new here, aside from the Galactic Heroes 2 packs (which sold out in a day), and a couple of Jedi Force figures.  Other than that, preview figures if anything.  I was kind of hoping to find some things early, but its looking like it will be April 2 around here.  Oh well, its not too far off at this point.  I've noticed that both of our Wal-Marts have Star Wars ads at the front doors "Celebrate April 2nd and 3rd" something...one has Vader, the other has Yoda.  So maybe these stores are participating in the big extravaganza or something.  Can't wait to get some of these figures.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #188 on: March 15, 2005, 09:32 AM »
Hung around Wal-Mart last night during stock hour... nothing rolled up.

:'(

I was really hoping they'd put some EP3 stuff on the shelves, if only to look at.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #189 on: March 15, 2005, 09:56 AM »
I can finally join in the "leaked figure" party...

I scored #7 R2-D2, #25 Tarfful, and #26 Yoda at a Wal-Mart yesterday, they were left-overs from stuff put out over the weekend.

Only $5.24 each plus tax, very nice price!

:)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 15, 2005, 09:58 AM »
Congrats on the finds Jeff...partly on the way now :).  Still nothing new here, but April 2 isn't too far off now.  I'm kind of hoping that we can get some idea of how much will be out that day, but it will probably depend on the area.  While having lots of product is great, spreading it out a bit would be a little better for my budget.  Of course, I could just spread it out myself, but that's always tougher to do it seems ;).  How many figures will we be seeing that day..24? 32? 40?  Seems like it could be any of the three.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 15, 2005, 11:09 AM »
How many figures will we be seeing that day..24? 32? 40?  Seems like it could be any of the three.

And it will probably depend on the store too.  If some stores have received more than the planned initial 24, they may just put out everything they have.  Others may only have the first 24.  I haven't heard any talk yet if the cases of the 2nd wave are actually labelled to be held from the shelves until May like the first wave is labelled for April 2.  Only time will tell I guess.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 15, 2005, 04:08 PM »
I think I will spend Midnight Madness at a TRU this time around and try to get the Yoda exclusive and then head to an out of the way Target (since I have so many to choose from in LA) and get the lava Vader.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 06:28 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 15, 2005, 04:50 PM »
How many figures will we be seeing that day..24? 32? 40?  Seems like it could be any of the three.

And it will probably depend on the store too.  If some stores have received more than the planned initial 24, they may just put out everything they have.  Others may only have the first 24.  I haven't heard any talk yet if the cases of the 2nd wave are actually labelled to be held from the shelves until May like the first wave is labelled for April 2.  Only time will tell I guess.

I'm thinking Canadian stores are only going to have the first 24.  Not sure why, but I have that feeling.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 16, 2005, 08:17 AM »
I think it will be the first 24 for sure.  If you are lucky maybe smaller amounts of 25-40.  I just can't imagine there being 40 different figures on the pegs.  I would not mind it though because that way we would not have to wait for the first 24 to "sell" before they brought out the later waves.