Author Topic: RotS Product Leaks: Already?  (Read 30878 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: RotS Product Leaks: Already?
« Reply #210 on: March 20, 2005, 05:19 PM »
hmmm didn't think of that. i'll have to try that next time. well if there is a next time...

thanks!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #211 on: March 20, 2005, 05:22 PM »
That's a good idea.

Now, if I could find some leaked figures, I'd go for it.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 20, 2005, 06:10 PM »
Check out this great story over at Galactic Hunter about the best way to get your figures.   :D

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 21, 2005, 08:40 AM »
Really WM or any of these stores should sell you the product if it's on their shelves, pegs, or whatever.  I would probably raise a fairly big stink about it because I'm funny that way.  All they have to do is find the correct price and plug into their computer and sell it to the customer.  It's their own damn fault for putting it out there.  Then the employee can report it to a manager or whomever and they can get the stockboys to haul the stuff to the back room where they belong. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 21, 2005, 09:47 AM »
Well - this morning I was at my local walmart and I SHOULD have been able to get: both Anakins (#2 & #28), both Obi-Wans (#1 and #27), Tarfful (#25), Spinning Yoda (#26), Vader (#11), Super Battledroid (#4), Chewie (#5) and R2-D2 (#7).

But unfortunately it rang up NO SALE. The clerk wouldn't just enter the price, brought a manager over and told me they couldn't sell them.

I argued that they shouldn't have been on the pegs then - to which they said "I'm sorry, we can't sell them to you" - I just replied "No you're not, if you're 'sorry' you'd let me buy them and train your people better that they shouldn't be stocking this stuff on your shelves."

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2005, 10:10 AM »
Still nothing showing up around here, I just about bit the bullet when things showed up on Amazon this weekend, but decided to hold off for no shipping an cheaper prices.  With our Wal-Mart pegs marked at $5.24, and Amazon charging $6.99, that's a big enough difference for me to wait.  I had the ARC fighter in my cart and ready to buy, until I saw that it would come up to $40+ with shipping.  I can wait for Wal-Mart or Target to get it and save the $10 I guess.  It was tempting though.  I see this morning that all of the ones listed this weekend are now "not available"...wondering if it is sold out, or if they just took them off until April 2.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 21, 2005, 05:31 PM »
To my incredible surprise, I walked into Zellers in my town and found 23 of the first 24 figures!  So it looks like the NO SALE's are not occurring up here in Canada.  It's not very often that something works in our favour.   :)

No surprise was that the 24th figure I needed was Darth Vader. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #217 on: March 21, 2005, 06:50 PM »
Wow!  What a score, Jess.   :)

Nice to hear some leaky finds are still out there...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 21, 2005, 07:29 PM »
jjks and I found all the lightsabers, Grievous & Obi1 Force Battlers today at one of my local WalMarts.  They all scanned on the price scanners as "see associate for assistance" so we didn't even bother trying to get them.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 22, 2005, 01:31 PM »
A WM near work had some of the ROTS Lego sets.  I think they had everyone expect the Juggernaut, the scout walker and the Wookiee catamaran.  Didn't pick any up, going to buy these at TRU so I can get my free Minis.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 22, 2005, 02:54 PM »
Found the Lego Final Duel set at K-Mart. I thought it was pretty neat that those little Lego dudes have light-up sabers. But, I don't collect Lego, and this set was pretty expensive, so I left it there.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 22, 2005, 02:56 PM »
Found the Lego Final Duel set at K-Mart. I thought it was pretty neat that those little Lego dudes have light-up sabers.

I didn't know that - very cool.  I don't collect a lot of Lego, but this might be a little extra bonus that convinces me to pick up something like this.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 22, 2005, 03:07 PM »
That's the one set I'm not getting.  Lego's version of "Rock em Sock Robots" doesn't interest me.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 23, 2005, 12:40 AM »
UPS came by with my package from Amazon that had a Saga Jedi Warriors 4-pack and ROTS 3PO in it. Of course, I was out at Wal-Mart getting those 3-packs and DVD, so they left that stupid little note thing for me to sign. And I don't have my box. Dammit.

It'll be here tomorrow, but, sheesh. USPS and FedEx will just leave it at my doorstep, but UPS has to be all difficult about it.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 23, 2005, 08:19 AM »
Looks like my WM and Target are getting geared up for 4/2.  I have not seen a Star Wars figure on the pegs for at least 2 weeks now.  Except for a few older OTC figs.