Author Topic: RotS Product Leaks: Already?  (Read 30843 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: RotS Product Leaks: Already?
« Reply #195 on: March 17, 2005, 12:34 AM »
Found three sealed cases of the first couple of waves at Wal-Mart tonight. There were too many employees around to crack open the case myself, plus I didn't think it was worth getting someone into trouble for something I probably wouldn't have gotten out the door anyway.

Oh well.

I talked to a TRU employee today, and they mentioned that the wall where all that baby stuff is will be set up for Star Wars, which in my opinion, is a HUGE area. Hopefully they'll have plenty of the later figures there (25-40 and on) with all that space.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 17, 2005, 09:41 AM »
Ok, since I don't get into the prequels, it was obvious that I was going to find Leaked figures everytime I go to the store....

I picked one up.  And noticed that the Scale Gremlins are back at Hasbro.

Not near as bad as Saga Hoth Trooper...

This one is for Jesse...what "Could" be if Hasbro would just try ...

The leaked figures I found ran through the computer fine...I even asked a very helpful employee in the Toy Department (I know, she sounds mythical but I swear she was real) if they were going to ring up, so she grabbed her scanner and said "no...they will be $5.24, not the $5.88 on the peg"...she then goes on to tell me that there are only certain boxes that the computer caught as "Do not put on the floor" and that the 4 cases she put out were NOT on the list.  I wonder if the ones I found were from a later wave that didn't have restriction codes.  The were the same figures everybody else has found.  Perhaps a glitch in the system.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 17, 2005, 10:30 AM »
Great pics... I was thinking the same thing with my ROTS Bail... very tall and lean.

The Fleet Trooper quick custom is a good idea... damnit!

:P

Offline cCc2021

• Youngling
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 17, 2005, 03:02 PM »
Damn, Ohio is too goodie-goodie and wont put anything out!  :P For Episode I, a local Kmart put everything out a day early, but thats been the only time anything major hit the shelves early.

I REALLY want to find something early. Its only about 2 weeks away, but its starting to kill me. I'm actually getting excited about it. At first I was worried that I wouldnt have enough money for what I wanted, and then I realized theres only 11 out of the first 56 figures I really want, so I'll be fine!  :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 17, 2005, 05:32 PM »
So, you will be passing on 45 of these figures??   :o

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2005, 05:50 PM »
This one is for Jesse...what "Could" be if Hasbro would just try ...

Hah!  Thanks Paul, I needed a laugh today. :)

I'm actually thankful to see Lucas made the Alderaanians in a separate uniform all together, and the Troops from ANH 100% different and less well clothed.  It keeps with the notion the guys in ANH aren't "Alderaanian Rebels", except for maybe by blood, and that their uniform's a blanket Rebel uniform for all races/species...

I do hope for a new one after ROTS perhaps...  With the future, Hasbro said they were running with army builders more because they were awakened to that market niche within the brand, so I'm hoping classic AB's will get some facelifts along the way, especially the Rebs (Hoth, Fleet Troop, Endor)...  They are overdue for some quality, poseable, neutral figures.

The pic gave me a laugh man, thanks.  :)  Good to hear from ya too, it's been a little while.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline cCc2021

• Youngling
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2005, 08:15 PM »
So, you will be passing on 45 of these figures??   :o

For now I will be, but I'll probably be picking some up down the road. I'm afraid I might get caught up in the moment at midnight and walk out with every one of them!  :-X

EDIT: Well I DID find the figures this morning at Walmart, but they would not let me buy them. I think the figures look great myself. My initial plan of 11 figures may have just increased! But we'll see.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 09:55 AM by cCc2021 »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 18, 2005, 11:47 AM »
Still nothing in my area except for that case of Force Battlers (*bleck*) that I spotted on Monday.

It doesn't help that there are two Hasbro employees who cover the Targets, WalMarts and TRUs in my area and are watching them like hawks to make sure the stuff doesn't go out early.

I saw that story over on RS about the Force Battler waves planned until 2006 - all I can say is - More power to Hasbro if they can get retailers to buy into this line. If I was a toy buyer for a chain, I would recall how "well" lines like Epic Force & POTJ 7" Figures and be EXTREMELY skeptical about this line and Attacktix.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 19, 2005, 08:26 AM »
Despite frantic searching, I'm yet to see any basic figs at all around here. Am finding other stuff though: Mid-size vehicles, Galactic Heroes, Jedi Force, Darth Tater, Lego, etc. No Unleashed or deluxe figs yet either. 2 more weeks!! ;D

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 19, 2005, 10:58 PM »
Amazon has the ROTS C-3PO available. $6.99

Click Me!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 19, 2005, 11:26 PM »
Amazon has the ROTS C-3PO available. $6.99

Click Me!

I ordered one last night, and it shipped today. So, around March 24, I'll have my first figure from ROTS that isn't a Sneak Preview figure. Yay!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 20, 2005, 01:52 PM »
Now there are a crapload of Collection 2 figs at Amazon, according to GH.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 20, 2005, 03:15 PM »
Damn. Do I wait, or buy them now?

I think I'll just wait. So I don't have to pay shipping.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #208 on: March 20, 2005, 03:34 PM »
So a bit of a funny tale to tell. I found Chewbacca and Tarful at a Wal-Mart yesterday, and as expected when I went to the register (in the auto section) it came up as "Cannot sell". Well the girl didn't really care (and that's always the best thing to do in cases like this, find someone who doesn't care) and asked me how much they were. Well I fibbed a bit and said $3.77, sounded like a reasonable Wal-Mart price and she rang both of them up as such. Had I known better I woulda said less.  :P

Well later on in the evening, I was at another Wal-Mart and found some more figures, this time both versions of Anakin and Obi-Wan (note: the V1 figs suck ass, but the V2 figs are pretty good, so I would suggest the V2 figures if you have to choose), V2 Yoda, and Vader. I figured I'd try the same thing again, grab the ones I want the V2 figs and Vader and goto the registers looking for a cashier who is likely not to care. You can tell which cashier may not care either because they're a kid or just look really tired and could care less about their job. So I find one, get to the register and the same thing happens when she scans the figs, "Cannot Sell" This time though, this girl decided to call someone over. Well this someone then tries to explain to me that the message means the toys have been recalled, which I just said they weren't. But she goes on to say that they MUST obey the message, to which I reply with well they were on the shelf ya know.  But she doesn't give in and not needing to make a fuss, I just left, there loss though on a sale. Of course it all boils down to one hand of walmart not knowing what the other is doing, but I found it amusing. The moral of the story, when you find ROTS figs early, your mileage may vary when trying to buy them, but don't be afraid to try.

Also scored the Droid Tri-Fighter at Target with no problems, in fact they had the price tab on the shelf for the vehicles.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 20, 2005, 03:48 PM »
What you should have done was grabbed a preview fig and had the girl ring that up times however many figs you have since the preview fig will obviously scan.