Author Topic: 2005 RotS Figures Release List  (Read 34105 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 RotS Figures Release List
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2005, 04:02 PM »
I'm gonna drop a fortune on April 2nd...

Way too much money...

$300.00+ if all I buy is the 24 basic figures (in duplicate) assuming Walmart is still only charging $5.88

Then tack on two of each of the deluxe, one of each of the Unleashed, one of each of the playets, one of each of the vehicles and you're looking at around $600...

Which might just be too rich for my blood - I might have to spread some of that junk out.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2005, 04:21 PM »
That's the funny thing about Midnight Madness, and "April 2nd" in general - we feel like we have to get it ALL immediately.  It gets so hyped up that it seems like that's the only day it'll ever be available.  You tend to forget there's gonna be plenty of it to go around for months to come.   :P

That said, I'll be shooting for a complete set (in duplicate) on April 2 as well!  I think by the time I finally made it out of the Midnight Madness last time for Saga, my several trips through the store that night tallied me near the $700 range, or thereabouts.  Painful, that night was!   :-\

I'm expecting something pretty similar this time through.  That 24 figure number might wind up being conservative as well.  Hopefully not, but I've seen ranges from 24 on up to 37ish.  Yikes.  Spread 'em out a bit, eh.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2005, 06:28 PM »
That's the funny thing about Midnight Madness, and "April 2nd" in general... You tend to forget there's gonna be plenty of it to go around for months to come.   :P

I sure hope you're right.  My Canuckian mentality is that if I see it now, I probably won't see it tomorrow, so I'd better buy it now.  I'd like to think that this will be different for ROTS, but the past years of paranoia are simply too strong to wait.    :-\

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2005, 01:50 PM »
I'm expecting something pretty similar this time through.  That 24 figure number might wind up being conservative as well.  Hopefully not, but I've seen ranges from 24 on up to 37ish.  Yikes.  Spread 'em out a bit, eh.

I agree - I think expecting to pick up 32 figures on April 2nd is closer to what might be the case. So for me, since I get one MOC and the other to open - that's a total of 64 figures and if I get them at Target or Walmart for $6 each that comes to $384 just in basic figures. Then there's the deluxe figures, the battle arenas, the 12" figures, the vehicles! Definitely a painful night/day for my wallet!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2005, 11:42 AM »
Last time, I made sure to get all of the standard figures during Midnight Madness.  You will never know who will be rare in  a few days.  However, ships and beasts and deluxe figures will always sit on the shelves.  During the summer of '02, I bought one ship or beast or whatever each week. It made it more fun having stuff to buy while searching for newer waves.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2005, 05:38 PM »
http://www.kevinwankenobi.com/en/stepcollect-star-wars-episode-3-toys-v.asp

Scroll down for a list of all toys, vehicles, figures, Unleashed, with some cool new items (like Clone 3-packs (yay!!!) and a "bigger gun" Spider droid). Beware of SPOILERS.

I'm planning some army-building with the clones, however for the basic infantry I'll only get a couple at first. I'll wait until the different versions are out--regular, Super Articulated, "Mission Specific", 3-packs, etc.--before I go ape**** on any one model. For example, I don't want to get stuck with loads of the first basic CT if a later sculpt turns out to be better.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 05:45 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #21 on: March 8, 2005, 11:53 AM »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 9, 2005, 11:50 AM »
What the hell 12" Darth Vader are they selling that is going to cost 45 bucks???
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 9, 2005, 11:54 AM »
What the hell 12" Darth Vader are they selling that is going to cost 45 bucks???

Me thinks it could be this one.

Will there be 12" figures for Episode 3?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: March 9, 2005, 12:12 PM »
So I'm trying to figure out what I'll be buying for sure on 4/2

Revenge of the Sith - Collection 1, Wave 1 - April 2nd, 2005
III-01 Obi-Wan Kenobi
III-02 Anakin Skywalker
III-03 Yoda
III-04 Super Battle Droid
III-05 Chewbacca
III-06 Clone Trooper
III-07 R2-D2
III-08 Grevious’ Bodyguard
III-09 General Grevious
III-10 Mace Windu x3
III-11 Darth Vader
III-12 Emperor Palpatine x2
III-13 Count Dooku x2
III-14 Chancellor Palpatine
III-15 Bail Organa
III-16 Plo Koon x3
III-17 Battle Droid
III-18 C-3PO
III-19 Padme Amidala
III-20 Agen Kolar x3
III-21 Shaak Ti x2
III-22 Kit Fisto x2
III-23 Royal Guard Blue
III-23 Royal Guard Red x2
III-24 Mon Mothma
III-25 Tarfful
III-26 Yoda
III-27 Obi-Wan Kenobi
III-28 Anakin Skywalker
III-29 Ki-Adi Mundi x3
III-30 Saesee Tiin x3
III-31 Luminara Unduli x2
III-32 Aayla Secura x2
III-33 Clone Commander
III-34 Clone Pilot
III-35 Palpatine
III-36 General Grievous
III-41 Tri Droid (Medical Droid)
III-42 AT-TE Gunner
III-43 Polis Massan
III-44 Mas Amedda

Looks like 53 total.  I'm leaning towards buying extras of the apology Jedi figures to replace the crap that was Saga Jedi that I had bought and to stand in for their less articulated TPM counterparts.  That's why I have extras listed next to those figures.  Same goes for some OT stand ins (Emperor and ERG) and Dooku for Episode II.  I'm still amazed there will be that much product that day.  I think there will be lots of reports of mayhem of people not finding everything at each store :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 9, 2005, 12:42 PM »
Y'know, being a loose collector makes all the difference in the world. 
I sure hope you're right.  My Canuckian mentality is that if I see it now, I probably won't see it tomorrow, so I'd better buy it now.  I'd like to think that this will be different for ROTS, but the past years of paranoia are simply too strong to wait. :-\

I think that's a smart move Jesse, given you collect carded stuff.  You do run the risk down the road of not finding stuff, especially given where you live.  For loose stuff though, I just have no worries. 

Scott, I think once you look at the Anakin (02) figure, you might change your mind on it.  It really looks like shite.  From that list I'm around this point:

III-01 Obi-Wan Kenobi - have it ;D
III-02 Anakin Skywalker - pass until clearance
III-03 Yoda - will wait for a better one
III-04 Super Battle Droid - no thank you ::)
III-05 Chewbacca - have it
III-06 Clone Trooper - have it, will buy more, 4-5
III-07 R2-D2 - have it, could pass or wait for clearance if I return
III-08 Grevious’ Bodyguard - meh, have it
III-09 General Grevious - meh, have it
III-10 Mace Windu x3 - have it :D
III-11 Darth Vader - have it, will probably grab another
III-12 Emperor Palpatine x2 - have it
III-13 Count Dooku x2 - will wait
III-14 Chancellor Palpatine - will wait
III-15 Bail Organa - will wait
III-16 Plo Koon x3 - might pick this up
III-17 Battle Droid - no thank you, unless it's an improved plastic
III-18 C-3PO - meh
III-19 Padme Amidala - this reeks clearance
III-20 Agen Kolar x3 - probably
III-21 Shaak Ti x2 - probably
III-22 Kit Fisto x2 - probably
III-23 Royal Guard Blue - multiples, 2-5
III-23 Royal Guard Red x2 - multiples, 2-5
III-24 Mon Mothma - peg warmer
III-25 Tarfful - undecided, want it, but will it clearance?
III-26 Yoda - hope this is better than earlier figure, will wait
III-27 Obi-Wan Kenobi - like the first, will hold off here
III-28 Anakin Skywalker - hopefully he loses the fake tan ::)
III-29 Ki-Adi Mundi x3 - always like Chris Elliott figures
III-30 Saesee Tiin x3 - probably
III-31 Luminara Unduli x2 - probably
III-32 Aayla Secura x2 probably
III-33 Clone Commander - multiples
III-34 Clone Pilot - multiplies
III-35 Palpatine - will see if I like it in person
III-36 General Grievous - waiting on this one
III-41 Tri Droid (Medical Droid) - meh
III-42 AT-TE Gunner - multiples I think
III-43 Polis Massan - will wait
III-44 Mas Amedda - will wait

I could easily pick up around 30-40 figures, but I'll be the annoying ass buying up the army builders.  I don't think I'll go with too many of them, but two of each if I can find them.  A lot will depend on where I end up for the sale.  If we go to the states, I'll split stuff between Target and the TRU so I can get one or two of each exclusive figure.  Anyone want to save me a trip, I can send them cash now for the 2nd? ;)  That might ruin the fun though. 

I think I'll end up keeping 9 of the first 12 figures (see, resolve out the window already).  I'll likely by one each of the remaining Jedi (8 figures, 10 if I pick up a Dooku and later Anakin).  Two each of the various clones/guards/pilots would be another dozen figures.  Then a smattering of other figures mixed in. 

???123778 STAR WARS 500TH D VADER 16.99  ???
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: March 9, 2005, 12:46 PM »
If I ditch the extra Jedi plan I'm down to 36...I might just buy 36 and buy the extras later or trade for them

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2005, 01:27 PM »
Is Hasbro planning on releasing all of these figures at a ratio of 1 per case of 12 figures?  I realize it doesn't quite fit the mathematics with only 56 rather than 60 figures, but that seems the pattern from the Collection 1 and 2 cases found thus far. 

If so, I'm feeling even more negativity towards this line.  To get a single clonetrooper or guard figure out, they'll have to put out a case of 12, mostly loaded with some pretty shady figures. 

From collection one I can see Ani, Obi, clone, Vader selling for sure and hopefully some army builder lives around me to buy up the battle droids, but they sat through Ep II, so my hope is diminished somewhat.  But the rest worry me a fair bit.  I guess Yoda, Mace, Palpatine, Grievous and his body guard will sell, but I dunno. 

Collection II is also a bit disturbing.  The royal/senate guard and jedi will sell.  But what of the more minor characters or less fancy figures.  3PO is a nice shiny figure, but has piss poor articulation. 

Presumably Hasbro has no real clue as to what the multiple figures should be in cases.  I'm hoping that later cases have more clones of all sorts, but I'm really not holding my breath :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2005, 09:50 AM »
Just noticed while looking around Hasbro's revamped site today that they have a new "Action Toy Arena" which shows of most of the ROTS figures in the 360 degree view style, and moving them around.  Kind of a neat way to check out some fo the figures from both Collection 1 and 2 (as well as Force Battlers, Vehicles, etc.).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2005, 10:11 AM »
New, updated checklist from Hasbro:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender