Author Topic: Hello from the North  (Read 2252 times)

Offline JedioftheNorth

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Hello from the North
« on: May 12, 2005, 08:47 PM »
Just saying hi and glad to join the site.  I'm from Calgary, Alberta Canada and have been collecting since 95.  Mostly basic figures and some ships and what not but have changed and am becoming more of a completist.  I'm also starting into the vintage stuff and the card collecting side of the hobby aswell.  So glad too be here and look forward to doing some trades and having a good time on this site.

Thanks
Ryan  ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hello from the North
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 09:03 PM »
Good having another Canucklehead on...  I'm sure Dale will be in to greet you soon!  :)

Vintage is something I've stepped out of for so long...  Mostly because of the new movies/SE's giving too much of a spike in the prices...  I really want to get back into it though beyond my passing "buy a figure here and there" attitude I have right now.  Need to start picking off the boxed vehicles and playsets I think.

Anyway, I'm rambling...  good to have you on here at Jedi Defender...  Any questions or anything, just hit any of us up, we're glad to help, and we hope you have a good time here...  It's a tight, but big group of friends we've got rolling here at the site.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 09:26 PM »
Nice to have you aboard Ryan!  We've got some of the best Canucks in the business right here at JD, including DSJ (Dale), Morgbug (Brent), and JesseVader08 (Jesse), among others.  So you're in excellent company!  So enjoy the site, and holler if you've got any questions!  See you on the boards, eh.  ;)

Cheers.

- Matt

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 09:54 PM »
Good having another Canucklehead on...  I'm sure Dale will be in to greet you soon!  :)

Indeed. Welcome to JediDefender Ryan. Very nice to have another Canucklehead here.  :)

Nice to see you stepping into the vintage line, if you have any questions, give us a shout. Enjoy and see you around the boards.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 10:33 PM »
We've got some of the best Canucks in the business right here at JD, including DSJ (Dale), Morgbug (Brent), and JesseVader08 (Jesse), among others.

Once again, Matt gets things incorrect. 

It should be:

We've got some of the best Canucks in the business right here at JD, including JesseVader08 (Jesse), DSJ (Dale), Morgbug (Brent), and among others.

In case you hadn't noticed, JD is really laid back place, where we all have a good time exchanging (usually) intelligent posts.   ;)

Make yourself at home and enjoy!

Jesse

PS.  Albertan, eh?  This Saskatchewanite will try not the hold that against you.   ;D

Offline Aaron_D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 04:36 AM »
Welcome Ryan!  I've noticed the Canadian contingent here is most impressive, so it sounds like you'll fit right in.  A great group of guys here, so I'm sure you'll have a good time hanging out on these boards.  I know I do!  Hope to see you around some more.

Aaron

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 02:26 PM »
Welcome aboard, Ryan!
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2005, 05:43 AM »
More like this Saskabushian.

We've got some of the best Canucks in the business right here at JD, including JesseVader08 (Jesse), DSJ (Dale) , Morgbug (Brent), and among others.
   :P

PS.  Albertan, eh?  This Saskatchewanabe will try not the hold that against you.   ;D
   :-*

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2005, 12:36 PM »
Welcome! Enjoy your stay here at JediDefender.com! :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...