Author Topic: Long-Time Addict  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
Long-Time Addict
« on: March 24, 2003, 12:38 AM »
Hi, my name is Auriette, and I'm a Star Wars fan.  I've been a fan and collector since 1977, and while my collection is big (too big for our tiny home), it's still far from complete.  I collect anything vintage, and from the new series, anything Amidala and anything else that I think is cool or is on sale.  I also collect memorabilia related to Harrison Ford or Kenneth Branagh.  My husband and I are hoping to build a house later this year, with a big room set aside just for the Star Wars collection - I can't wait!

Auriette

When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Long-Time Addict
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2003, 12:56 AM »
Hi Auriette!  Nice to have you here at JediDefender, especially representing the female collectors out there which we always enjoy hearing from, but unfortunately seldom do enough.  A couple other female members here that come to mind are RJP and Zam Wessell, if not some others that I'm not yet aware of.  So at least you're not alone in that respect.  Regardless, you have more than enough other fellow Star Wars fan and collector company here to tide you over, for sure!   :)

I'd say welcome, but I've already seen you around here on a prior occasion or two, so how 'bout just a Belated Welcome!   :D  We're really happy to have you Auriette.  Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you or our site to make this an even more enjoyable experience.  Looking forward to hearing much more from you on the boards here at JD!
- Matt

P.S.  I'm also a long time addict since way back in the day ('77).  Vintage and modern completist!  Definitely an addiction for me too!  Need counseling...badly...  :P  I was going to suggest that you swing by our Collecting is an addiction! thread, but I see that you're way ahead of me!   ;)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2003, 01:18 AM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2003, 08:41 AM »
Welcome to JediDefender Auriette. Very nice to have you here & to have another female collector on the boards.  

I think we all need a bigger place for our collections. Never enough room to display them. Have a blast & if there is anything we can do for you, just ask.  ;)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2003, 10:02 AM »
Welcome indeed.

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2003, 05:11 PM »
Welcome, always nice to see new people around. This is a great place to be. Enjoy
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2003, 08:43 PM »
Welcome, Auriette, from a fellow Vintage collector. Glad you could make it. As someone who's been around the online Star Wars block a few times, this is a unque place. I hope you like it as much as I.

See you on board!

- John
Post sober.

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2003, 09:21 PM »
Indeed, welcome aboard Auriette.

I'm sure you'll have a great time. I hope to see you around the forums. :)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2003, 09:30 PM »
Welcome to the club Auriette!  Glad to have you here with all of us.
dustrho