Author Topic: Little Shop of Horrors SE DVD  (Read 1323 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Little Shop of Horrors SE DVD
« on: May 12, 2005, 12:23 PM »
Does anyone here have the Little Shop of Horrors Special Edition DVD?  Here's a picture:

Apparently this DVD was recalled because it has an alternate ending that wasn't supposed to be released, or something to that effect.  My question to those that have the DVD is, what exactly is the alternate ending on this DVD?  I know this sounds strange coming from someone who has the DVD, but as soon as I get some responses I'll explain.  :) 

Aside from that, are that any other alternate endings to this movie that would not be found on this DVD, but maybe on other DVD versions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

John

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Little Shop of Horrors SE DVD
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 02:02 PM »
I don't know the answer, but I would think that the alternate ending would be the same as the Broadway show. . where the plant wins.  I know that they shot this, but it didn't test well with audiences so the entire "Big Green Mother" song was written and filmed so that Seymore could win.

I need to get this.  LSOH holds a special place for me. . .I played Seymore Krelborne onstage at the Chattanooga Theatre Center  in '99.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 02:03 PM by name »
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
Re: Little Shop of Horrors SE DVD
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 05:49 PM »
Name is correct. Here I was thinking the thread was announcing the re-issue of the DVD.  :P