Author Topic: Music of the Duel or Episode 3 Soundtrack Discussion  (Read 18981 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Music of the Duel or Episode 3 Soundtrack Discussion
« Reply #60 on: May 2, 2005, 08:54 PM »
Loved the video!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #61 on: May 3, 2005, 02:20 PM »
I am really looking forward to watching the DVD tonight, but I was a tad bit disappointed that it is mostly OT (maybe its not but that it what it appears like)

And...the CD is 1000000x better than the leaked tracks at MF.com.  The quality can't even be touched and the details are so much brighter on the CD :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #62 on: May 3, 2005, 04:58 PM »
I bought the soundtrack at Target, and got a free download of the video mix of Battle of the Heroes-- with all the dialogue and sound effects.

Not bad.  ;)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

SilverZ

« Reply #63 on: May 3, 2005, 06:41 PM »
And...the CD is 1000000x better than the leaked tracks at MF.com.  The quality can't even be touched and the details are so much brighter on the CD :)

The 256k mf.com ones are pretty nice, actually, but it was pure joy to finally have the real CD, that's for sure.

Can't wait to check out the DVD once it gets dark here.  :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 02:23 AM by Tydirium »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #64 on: May 4, 2005, 01:10 AM »
Just finished the DVD...my reaction...mixed :-\

I love the first few songs through Heroes

After that, the editing and reintroduction of Prequel stuff is sort of stupid (especially so in the Endor one...Gungans?  WTF?)

I also hated the inclusion of Jabba's Goons in the Cantina and the Tatooine one where they mixed EpIV then II and then VI...didn't make much sense

The last one was probably my favorite...good stuff but could have been better

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #65 on: May 4, 2005, 04:57 AM »
I liked the "A Life Redeemed" video on the DVD. It finally hit me that that towheaded little bastard from Tatooine ******* REALLY IS VADER. :( :'(
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

SilverZ

« Reply #66 on: May 4, 2005, 08:27 PM »
Yeah, I went through it last night, too. While overall I'm pleased with it, and it's one hell of a bonus for a CD purchase (I mean, I paid $11.99) the videos have a cheese element to them that I wish had been avoided. For example, the Yoda one has that horrible section of 2D animation with his lightsaber igniting, which just rips you right out of the nostalgic vibe it otherwise has. There's a lot of places that seem naturally ripe for dialog, too, that get skipped over. They show Vader confronting Luke on Bespin, clenching his fist, and then omit "I am your father." but include Luke's "Nooooooo"?

I love Ian McD's intros, and whoever wrote the "program notes" he reads to camera did an excellent job. Quality.

And I also liked the "A Life Redeemed" video.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 5, 2005, 10:08 AM »
so far my favorite tracks are Battle of the Heroes,
Anakin's betrayal, Palpatines' teachings, Padmes' ruminations, anakin vs obi-wan, anakin's dark deeds, enter lord vader;
ok I guess I'm just loving everything about anakin becoming vader.
"The circle is now complete"
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline DooMTrooper

• Youngling
  • Move along... move along.
    • View Profile
    • My cruddy pics.
« Reply #68 on: May 5, 2005, 10:23 AM »
Is this worth buying just for the DVD? how long is the running time?
**When you've just emptied two barrels of a shotgun into the head of your favorite bartender it's a pretty good bet that happy hour's over.**

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 5, 2005, 11:43 AM »
the Cd runs about 70 minutes and is awesome. haven't seen the dvd yet but it sounds like a very worthy addition.
target/ best buy stores have it for $11.99
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
ROTS Soundtrack Question
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2005, 07:04 PM »
I didn't see another thread for this and didn't exactly know where to put it so I'm putting it here.

I recently got the new ROTS soundtrack, and it comes witha bonus dvd which has videos from the entire saga.  My question is, does this dvd contain spoiler images?  I don't want to watch it until after I see the movie if it does.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: ROTS Soundtrack Question
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2005, 07:40 PM »
Matt, there's really only one song on that DVD that shows a fair amount of ROTS footage in it (the main ROTS theme - Battle of the Heroes, or something along that line - can't recall the name now).  Otherwise, I'd say it's pretty safe to watch.  I think there may have been a few brief ROTS clips tossed into a couple of the other songs, but if so, they weren't terribly exciting/spoilerific.  Maybe someone who's not as senile can chime in though and let you know better.

They showed the ROTS song off the DVD at the opening ceremonies at C3, and it does have some excellent footage in it, but I wouldn't say any HUGE spoilers.  But if you're avoiding spoilers entirely, I'd stay away from it.

Also, I think we have a soundtrack thread in the ROTS movie forum, so I'll probably just merge this post onto that thread in a little bit.  Cool?

- M

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2005, 08:07 PM »
Cool with me Matt, and thanks for the info.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2005, 09:01 PM »
Just thought I'd chime in here with my usual "GODDAMNED BEN BURTT ******* DIE DIE DIE!" rant on how the score is apparently used in the film.

While I haven't seen the film itself yet (I'll be there at 12:01 AM on the 19th though, so final thoughts will wait until then), I did read this article at JWFan.net that reveals, once again, JW's score has fallen victim to the mighty hands of Senor Burtt of Egotistica, although thankfully not quite as much as the prior two prequels have experienced.

I'm really curious as to how much music was composed and not composed for ROTS, what really cool pieces of music (ala the "Confession" scene in AOTC) were left off the CD completely, and how JW really feels about Ben Burtt these days.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 09:08 PM by DoctorPadawan »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2005, 09:17 PM »
I'd suggest waiting a week to watch it.  There's enough on there depending on what you've already seen to be spoilerish.  If you've been watching the ads on TV, then you've seen most of it, but it's only a week.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.