Author Topic: Gregorbian's Customs - UPDATE 07/04/06  (Read 65618 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Gregorbian's Customs - UPDATE 02/13/06
« Reply #285 on: February 14, 2006, 12:45 PM »
Yeah really nice painting on the Fett.  Very nice indeed.

I like your Needa.  Good using a head from BBI.   And is the cap removable?

:P

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 14, 2006, 01:35 PM »
Nice Fett bust Greg! i love the paint job, very realisitic. i may have to look into getting one of these model kits, it would be great for parts for a 12" scale figure. the only nitpick i have is the base you have Fett on is a little larger in diameter than the GG bust bases...other than that it looks like a Fett that could fit right into their line of busts.

btw, are the wookie braids "hair" or are they vinyl? i know the GG Fett bust has real "hair" braids...i was lucky enough to get one a long time ago when they came out before they got super expensive  :o

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #287 on: February 14, 2006, 04:16 PM »
Thanks for the responses guys!

CHEWIE - I've been wanting to make a Needa using that head for a long time and I finally got around to it.  The cap is not removable since I didn't feel like breaking out my dremel (it was pretty late and I don't know if my neighbors would have been to happy to hear my rampant drilling  ;)). 

Ripley - I didn't realize they used real braids for the Boba Fett mini-bust, I might add them later on.  I have some leftover "wookiee braid" thread left over from my Microman and Marvel Legends Boba Fett, so that might be a good idea.  The base was the smallest that I could find (aside from heart and oval shaped bases).  It took me about 3 weeks of searching the local (and not so local) craft stores.  I don't have any tools aside from my dremel so I wasn't able to cut it down to a proper size.  If anybody has an idea of a more accurate base then I am all ears!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Gregorbian's Customs - UPDATE 04/13/06
« Reply #288 on: April 13, 2006, 11:56 PM »
minor update ... finally

SA Imperial Commander:

OOPS!

Parts used:
- POTJ Imperial Commander
- G.I. Joe - Iron Grenadier - elbow joints
- ROTS Chancellor Palpatine #14 - Knees/boots

WIP Mandalorians:

- Mandalorian on left parts:
-- Head - Duke from G.I. Joe
-- Torso - Jango Fett - Final Battle
-- Upper legs/belt - Saga2 Boba Fett
-- Lower Legs - ROTS Deluxe Clone Trooper
-- Arms - G.I. Joe Snake Eyes
-- Gauntlets - Saga2 Boba Fett
-- Helmet - Jango Fett - Kamino Escape
-- Shoulder Pads - Jango Fett Bust-Up (I'm going to reposition them later

- Mandalorian on right parts:
-- Head - BBi Elite Force figure
-- Torso w/attached jetpack - Saga2 Boba Fett
-- Upper legs/knees - Saga2 AT-AT Pilot
-- Boots - G.I. Joe Snake-eyes
-- Belt/holsters - Djas Puhr
-- Arms - G.I. Joe Snake Eyes
-- Gauntlets - Saga2 Boba Fett
-- Blasters - Jango Fett

I know it's been a while; I've been working on these guys for about 5 mins at a time over the past month or so...
I needed a break from studying so I took some pics of my WIP Mandalorians and an Imperial Commander I made the other day (it only took about 15 mins, I think I'll make a few more)  8)

EDIT: Forgot to add - BIG THANKS TO GLASSMAN for the Mandalorian helmet casts!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 11:58 PM by Gregorbian »

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 13, 2006, 11:58 PM »
thats simply awsome
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 14, 2006, 12:04 AM »
The Mandalorians look very good so far. Its nice to see super articulation on them. Thats the way they should of been in the first place.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #291 on: April 14, 2006, 12:10 AM »
About damn time. ;)

First off the officer looks great, that was my only gripe with the Hasbro figure was the lack of articulation.

The Mandos look excellent so far, I can't wait to see how these end up. The Djas holsters are an excellent fit for the fellow on the right. The guantlets look kind of akward on the guy on the right, they seem sort of bulky and don't appear to have anything that would be holding them onto the arm. Any idea on what you are going to do for a color scheme?
"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 14, 2006, 12:16 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys!

About damn time. ;)
Tell me about it, I've been going through customizing withdrawal for the past year  :-\

The Mandos look excellent so far, I can't wait to see how these end up. The Djas holsters are an excellent fit for the fellow on the right. The guantlets look kind of akward on the guy on the right, they seem sort of bulky and don't appear to have anything that would be holding them onto the arm. Any idea on what you are going to do for a color scheme?

You're right about the gauntlets; they don't look so bad in person but I was going to add some strips of greenstuff putty to make the gauntlets look like they're held in place.
As for the color scheme, I want to make one of them in a black jumpsuit (probably the guy on the right), maybe with silver armor plates.  The guy on the left will get a new backpack and will probably be in a dark grey jumpsuit with blue armor plates.   That's all off of the top of my head though, it'll probably be different when I get around to painting them (they've been sitting on my kitchen table for a few weeks...)

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #293 on: April 14, 2006, 12:45 AM »
Gregorbian, the figures look pretty good.  You did a great job incorporating G.I. parts into your figures.  The ball joint on the SA Imperial Commander improves that figure 10 fold.  Your mandalorians are off to a good start and can't wait to see them finished.
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #294 on: April 14, 2006, 05:04 AM »
Gday Gregorbian

The Imp Commander looks 100% better there should be more articulation in the SW figures.

Mandalorians are coming along very nicely and the use of all the different parts is awesome I'm really looking forward to seeing them when their done.

Ron

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 14, 2006, 09:08 AM »
Nice Update Greg.  I think the Imperial Officer is a huge improvement over the existing figures.  Well done.

The Mandos are looking really good.  Its a very nice blend of parts.  On the one of the right, you might want to add a cape or something as I think his shoulders still out a little too much from the parts swap.  I'm looking forward to seeing these guys painted up!

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 15, 2006, 02:26 PM »
Great Work!

SA Imperial Officer> Perfect! Looks Factory. You've Always Been Tops On the SA Stuff.

Mandalore WIP's> The Build Out Looks Awsome. I can't  Wait to see what Color Schemes you come up w/ for the Armor.

Keep Up the Great Work!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 02:37 PM by Fritzkrieg »
Fritzkrieg

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 15, 2006, 03:45 PM »
Haven't said anything about your customs since I actually joined but man I love them. All your mandalorians have been fantastic and I love the custom armor design of your green clone legion guys. What BBi head is the one on the right mandalorian WIP? I've got to find some better BBi heads around here beccause right now none of my spare heads fit in a mando helmet! ;D
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 15, 2006, 05:19 PM »
I'm liking the Mando's a lot Gregorbian, and the parts are a great mix.... usually I like seeing the final result because on WIP figures, I probably have my own idea of how it will turn out and then get disapointed in myself for my lack of imagination when I see the final results which are usually a lot better than what I figured I could have done, lol.

That Imperial Officer SA style is amazing.  Seems like it's a figure that has been neglected by a lot of customizers but you did it justice.  Perfect meshing of parts on it, A+++.

:)

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 15, 2006, 06:14 PM »
I love articulation! Excellent choice of project, as I think that Imperial Officer figure is just GREAT for a POTJ fig. Also, I always love a good Mandalorian figure; I'm going to be making one of my own, after my NJO line, so It's always nice to see examples of how other people go about it. So far, it looks great, especially with, what looks to be, Glassman's removable helmet. Awesome work!
-Matthew H.