Author Topic: Gregorbian's Customs - UPDATE 07/04/06  (Read 65575 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: Gregorbian's Customs - UPDATE 07/30/05
« Reply #150 on: August 2, 2005, 10:53 AM »
I love the junk droids - did you make them or are they repaints? Very well done!:)

Thanks dude,
the junk droids are from the Robots movie toy line.  I switched some parts and cut up/reassembled certain parts.  They're great droid fodder because all of the pieces (arms, legs, heads, torsos) are interchangeable.   They're also on clearance at Target right now  ;)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 2, 2005, 01:27 PM »
Greg big fan of your customs.  I have a question.  you do a great job with the figures you make from the stifkas, spelling?, and since I have yet to even see any of those things at retail my question would be would it be possible in your opinion to cut, glue, and drill into the legs of a AT-RT and make one of them super articulated.  it might not ever "walk" again, but it was something I was thinking about while sitting in traffic for an hour or so this morning.  let me know what you think.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 2, 2005, 06:35 PM »
Thanks for the kind words jedipurge.
When you are referring to the AT-RT, are you talking about the vehicle or the pilot that comes with the vehicle?  I'm not sure how to add articulation to the legs of the AT-RT vehicle, and there is currently a SA AT-RT Pilot, however if you wanted to add Stikfas ball-joints to the elbows/knees/hips, I think it would be possible (although I'd recommend buying hasbro's version)  ;) 
Let me know if I misunderstood you!

Also,
I used Stikfas parts to add joints to my General Grievous and Gen. Grievous bodyguard, and I used Microman figures for my SA Scout, Boba Fett, and Slave Leia. 

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 2, 2005, 07:00 PM »
I was referring to the vehicle.  the only reason I was asking was because you've worked with the micro/stikfas before and they turned out so awesome and because I wanted to be able to get my AT-RT into a "crouching" position like it's ready to ambush someone from behind a wall or something, but I didn't want it to be in a permanent "crouch."  maybe if I can find an extra AT-RT and some of those micro/stikfas deals I'll try it out. 
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 3, 2005, 09:50 AM »
I was referring to the vehicle.  the only reason I was asking was because you've worked with the micro/stikfas before and they turned out so awesome and because I wanted to be able to get my AT-RT into a "crouching" position like it's ready to ambush someone from behind a wall or something, but I didn't want it to be in a permanent "crouch."  maybe if I can find an extra AT-RT and some of those micro/stikfas deals I'll try it out. 

That sounds like a really cool idea, I'm not sure if the Stikfas joints will be strong enough to support the weight of the vehicle.  If you could find some sort of flat hinge joint from a toy, that would probably work, although I've never customized a vehicle so I wouldn't really know how to go about doing that.  Sorry!  :-\

Offline crazy about Clones

• Youngling
  • I'm the first Star Wars custom ever created.....
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #155 on: August 4, 2005, 11:55 PM »
Those are some awesome junk droids Gregorbian! Its seems now your custom legion of Clones (led by Commander Gorb) has gotten pretty big, i would love to see some pics of ur customs legion army(all of it :P) Awesome Customs! ;D
"I think the Kanucks of Vancouver are superior Warriors." Teal'c - Stargate SG-

"I like me" Caboose - Red vs Blue

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 5, 2005, 01:13 AM »
That's a good idea, I think I might take a couple pics  ;)

Here is an early Imperial Gunner.  This custom was completely inspired by CHEWIE's early AT-AT Drivers (I even did some drybrushing to make it look more CHEWIE-esque  ;)).

After the execution of Order 66, the Emperor needed to focus on supressing the remnants of the Separatist movement and the newly formed rebellion.  He decided to use the clones to attack the wayward planets and use the massive amount of eager recruits to man the guns in the Imperial Navy's Star Destoyers.

Thoughts?  ;D

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Gregorbian's Customs - UPDATE 08/05/05
« Reply #157 on: August 5, 2005, 02:21 AM »
Very Nice Greg! :)

I really like the removable helmet feature. It is always nice to see little extras like that. They give the custom much more life and make them so much cooler. You have done a nice job on the drybrushing, it looks good. Maybe you could add some silver splotches to the armor where the paint has chipped.

What is the base figure there, is it the Elite Force Navy Seal Breacher? Whatever it is, you chose it quite nicely. I like the mini-dio you got going there too. :)
« Last Edit: August 5, 2005, 02:40 AM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 5, 2005, 02:29 AM »
Thanks man, I love removable helmets, so I try to do them when I can.

You're right on the base figure, here are the parts:

BBi Elite Force Navy Seal Breacher - base figure
Vintage Biker Scout - boots
POTF2 Imperial Gunner - hollowed out helmet

That's a good idea about weathering him, but I kinda like him clean.  I don't see these guys having too much trouble since the main Separatist forces have been destroyed and the rebels are not yet strong enough to put up much of a fight.  I'd imagine it would be a pretty cushy job to be an Imperial Gunner ... at least until they die in the Death Star  :P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #159 on: August 5, 2005, 02:40 AM »
That's a good idea about weathering him, but I kinda like him clean.  I don't see these guys having too much trouble since the main Separatist forces have been destroyed and the rebels are not yet strong enough to put up much of a fight.  I'd imagine it would be a pretty cushy job to be an Imperial Gunner ... at least until they die in the Death Star :P   

That does make sense. He does look great as is too. :)
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 5, 2005, 10:35 AM »
WOW, WOW, WOW!!!

This is excellent!  And a damn fine creative use of parts and great painting.  Wonderful idea, this is a good idea of how they might look after ROTS.  Holy crap, I would definitely buy several of these.

You are so good at using a dremel too.  Much better than I could dream of being.

:P

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #161 on: August 5, 2005, 11:27 AM »
That Gunner is AMAZING!!!! Great Work the removeable helmet is a great touch too! ;D

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 5, 2005, 12:27 PM »
Thanks guys  ;D
I know this is what everybody says, but I don't know where I would be without my dremel.  You never know how handy it is until you get one. 

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Rebelscum
« Reply #163 on: August 5, 2005, 05:20 PM »
Yeah that stuff does help ;)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 6, 2005, 05:59 AM »
WOW!!!

I think the droids are pretty cool, but I can't get my eyes off the Dino-Rider type creature.  That is awesome... easily one of the coolest things I've seen around here in a while!  I simply love it!

You've just opened up a whole new world for me in customizing... I want to try and make some stuff like this.

Droids are cool, but I can' get over that Raptor. Same one I customized a while back with a brown/Tan deco. Just an all around excellent job, you need absolutely no pointers in the ways of dinosaur customizing, because you've just brought it to an all new level.

Dino Riders was one of my favorite things when I was a little Kid, I still have the Tyrannosaurus and most of the guys from that series. I feel incredibly inclined to customize that Rex for Clone or Stormtrooper use... but its too collectible..

I want to talk about that great gunner too, but the memories of Krulos and Questar are too powerful right now.. I gotta go find those Tapes and watch them now haha..

sorry.