Author Topic: So many exclusives! How caught up are you?  (Read 11862 times)

Offline Aaron_D

• Youngling
    • View Profile
So many exclusives! How caught up are you?
« on: May 13, 2005, 04:13 AM »
With all the exclusives being released for the 4" line since Midnight Madness, I thought I'd take an informal poll to see where everyone stands so far.  For the most part, I don't seem to notice the panic and hysteria here at JD that I've seen on other boards regarding many of these items, so I'm guessing most people are relatively caught up with most of them.  That wouldn't be terribly surprising though, since it seems like a lot of collectors here really go out of their way to help eachother out, which is pretty cool.  So here's my current tally so far:

Early Bird set - Yes

Lava Vader - Yes

Holographic Yoda - Yes

C3 Vader - Yes

Target Clone - No

TRU Anakin Starfighter - Yes

Kohl's Bonus figure vehicle sets - No, but not interested in them.  Not totally sure these are even Kohl's exclusives at this point though.

Did I miss any?  I really hope Hasbro slows down on the exlcusive insanity soon, since it's really a serious pain to try to keep up with them all.  The Holographic Leia is coming in a couple months, and I think I've seen rumors about more Target Clones coming in other colors.  But aside from those, I haven't heard of any other exclusives on tap so far, which is relieving.

So where does everyone else stand on these so far?  All caught up, or are some of them still eluding you?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: So many exclusives! How caught up are you?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 05:24 AM »
Early Bird- No, but I'm thinking about it.

Lava Vader- No

Holo Yoda- yes

C3 Vader- No, no interest

Target Clone- yes

Anakin's Fighter- No, not sure if I'll buy it at all.

I sincerely hope Target doesn't get any more exclusive figures. I thought the vehicles were difficult to obtain, but it's nothing comapred to the debacles that have been the Lava Vader and Clone releases.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 06:17 AM »

Early Bird- No, and wont unless it goes on clearance.

Lava Vader- Yes

Holo Yoda- Yes

C3 Vader- Yes

Target Clone- Yes

Anakin's Fighter- No.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 08:18 AM »
Early Bird- Got 4 and mailed them all in.  Actually bought more but sent them to people who needed them.

Lava Vader- the ones I got are now in the hands of guys who missed them.

Holo Yoda- the ones I got are now in the hands of guys who missed them.

C3 Vader- No, and no interest, although I had several offered to me most at retail.

Target Clone- Yes, perhaps too many.

Anakin's Fighter- Not yet.

I've been real fortunate with the exclusives.  I seem to find them and always try to snag one or two to share with the group, because the guy/gal you help today, may be helping you tomorrow.

Unless an exclusive is Unique and worth opening, I'm not much into it.  The only Carded/Boxed stuff I have is the stuff I haven't had a chance to open yet.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 09:00 AM »
Early Bird- Yes, bought it and sent it in already.  Just waiting on the figures now.

Lava Vader- No, never saw it (but did see pegs for it at one time), wasn't really interested though.

Holo Yoda- No, never saw it at our local TRU.

C3 Vader- No

Target Clone- yes, used DCPI# last week, but checked yesterday, and they still aren't on the pegs (or even a place for them)

Anakin's Fighter- No, thinking about it, but I think the $30 pricetag will keep me away.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 09:05 AM »
Early Bird - Nope, only on clearance, actually, maybe not even then.  I'll take it as a wedding gift, maybe.

Lava Vader - yes (2)

Holo Yoda - yes (2)

C3 Vader - yes (2)

Target Clone - yes (2) I don't collect variations but I happen to have both nubs.

Anakin's Fighter - no and probably not, unless the tooth fairy brings it.

I've been super lucky with these.  I got Lava Vader by going to 2 Targets that morning.  The Yodas I got at 2 TRU purchashing ARC-170s.  The C3 Vader were from shop.star wars and the clones well, Target had 36 yesterday morning but only 1 three weeks ago.

Gatillo
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 09:18 AM »
Early Bird set - Yes

Lava Vader - Yes

Holographic Yoda - Yes

C3 Vader - Yes

Target Clone - Yes
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 09:29 AM »
Do the Sam's club/Cosco exclusives count? I do not have them.

I have all the others except for the TRU Anakin Starfighter which I have not seen yet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 01:07 PM »
...it seems like a lot of collectors here really go out of their way to help each other out, which is pretty cool.

Exactly, a lot of JD'ers have helped me out!

Early Bird set - In the mail from Dale & Jeff

Lava Vader - In the mail from Jeff

Holographic Yoda - In the mail from Matt (JediMAC)

C3 Vader - Yes - amazing, I got an exclusive all by myself (but Matt and Josh helped me get extras for a few others guys)

Target Clone - In the mail from Jeff

TRU Anakin Starfighter - No - probably won't bother, I've got the regular release, I don't think I need the repacked Anakin

Kohl's Bonus figure vehicle sets - No - again, no interest (no Kohl's up here in Canuckia anyway)

Do the Sam's club/Cosco exclusives count?

Refresh my memory - what are these?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 01:58 PM »
I'm missing the Target clone and TRU Jedi starfighter (don't know if I'll even buy it).

And to be quite honest, I could give a **** less about the Target clone - I keep exclusives carded but I'm sick of paying out the ass for special rehits.

With that being said, I'll probably pick him up if I happen to come across him, but I'm not gonig to bust my ass driving to Target everyday...

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 02:03 PM »
Early Bird set - Passed

Lava Vader - Passed

Holographic Yoda - Yes; got at Midnight Madness

C3 Vader - Passed

EE AOTC Clones - 1 set of Dirty White infantry courtesy of Scott. That's probably as far as I'll go with these; they're fantastic figures but too pricey to seriously army build.

Target Clone - I keep going back and forth on this one, but in the end I'll probably pass because of the exorbitant price.

TRU Anakin Starfighter - Not yet, but plan to buy.

Kohl's Bonus Figure sets - Not yet, but plan to buy at least the BARC which I don't have. I doubt I'll get another AT-RT just because of this though.

So I am pretty much where I want to be at this point.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 02:50 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2005, 02:12 PM »
I just have the Holo Yoda.   ::)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2005, 02:25 PM »

Do the Sam's club/Cosco exclusives count?

Refresh my memory - what are these?

If I'm not mistaken, they're roleplay lightsabers with a #1 Obi-Wan and a #2 Anakin pack in.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2005, 02:32 PM »
If I'm not mistaken, they're roleplay lightsabers with a #1 Obi-Wan and a #2 Anakin pack in.

That'd be correct for the Sam's Club set (Master_Phruby hooked me up with one several weeks ago), but I've never heard of a Costco exclusive...  Anyone have some info on that?  I've never heard of those two stores sharing an exclusive , but maybe that was the impression Anthony's under?  Is that the case Anthony, and there's not actually an additional item that none of us are aware of?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2005, 02:33 PM »
For the most part, I don't seem to notice the panic and hysteria here at JD that I've seen on other boards regarding many of these items, so I'm guessing most people are relatively caught up with most of them.  That wouldn't be terribly surprising though, since it seems like a lot of collectors here really go out of their way to help eachother out, which is pretty cool. 

Just to re-emphasize how cool it is around here:

Early Bird set - JediMac

Lava Vader - DaBigKahuna and jadesfire

Holographic Yoda - getting mine locally tomorrow

C3 Vader - Got my own

Target Clone - yup, thanks Jeff and jadesfire - incidentally, one is probably headed back down to Minnesota for C&S

TRU Anakin Starfighter - No, but may pick it up from someone if it hits clearance.  

Blue Senate Guard - not available in Canada to this point, but pmundheim was kind enough to send me two for cost.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.