Author Topic: Rare? Medium Rare? Medium?  (Read 15962 times)

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
Rare? Medium Rare? Medium?
« on: March 24, 2003, 09:58 PM »
Just starting to get into these figs... I was just wondering, but are there any like "Rare" figures that I will have to look forward to (sarcasm) having trouble getting? Just wondering. Thanks!  :P
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com
AIM: DepmodeETS
My lego collection: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Depmode

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Rare? Medium Rare? Medium?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2003, 10:20 PM »
I usually prefer my burgers to be cooked at Medium.  Oops, sorry.  Got a little mixed up there for a sec.  My bad - must be a little hungry or something...   :P

Anyways, welcome to the world of POTJ James!  It's a beautiful line of figures.  I'm sure you'll enjoy them!

As for as the toughies go:

The hardest by far is the Masters of the Dark Side (MOTDS) Vader/Maul 2-pack.  It'll run you at least $30 most everywhere.

As far as basic carded figures go, I'd say the 3 toughest ones to find were probably the clean Biker Scout, Sandtrooper and R2-Q5.

IG-88, dirty Biker Scout and FX-7 were somewhat hard to find for some people as well.

Not sure if you collect carded or loose, but if it's loose, you'll probably be seeing a few more of the HTF POTJ figures get repacked, as has already been down with Teebo, and Eeth Koth (though the RFT and IO are technically different as far as the head sculpt goes).  So there very well could be some more POTJ rehashes showing up in the Saga line in the near future.

Obviously you should check out the various trading/classifieds boards, and maybe throw "POTJ lot" into your eBay favorite searches and hope to score a nice lot of them all at once.  Most of them can still be had for regular retail or less, but some of the more popular ones, as well as the ones I listed above might be a few bucks more.

Good luck with your search James and keep us posted on any great deals if you land 'em!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2003, 10:22 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2003, 03:42 PM »
thanks for the info man.
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2003, 02:34 PM »
POTJ was definitely one of my favorite lines.  Nary a stinker in the bunch.  As for the toughies?

-Masters of the Dark Side  2-pack

-Scout Trooper-Imperial Patrol (clean)
-Sandtrooper-Tatooine Patrol
-Scout Trooper-Imperial Patrol (dirty)
-R2-Q5
-IG-88, as JediMAC mentioned, has become kind of scarce
-Han Solo-Bespin Capture (one of my favorites!) hasn't been hanging around all that much.  You can probably get one reasonably
-BoShek
-Teebo
-R4-M9 (this wave in general was tough to score)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2003, 04:14 PM »
i just scored a teebo, boshek, and the droid dude for 17.99 total. can't beat that :) So i guess i knocked out some hard ones there.
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2003, 04:32 PM »
Nice work!

IG-88 is tough and he has 2 versions - open claw & closed claw.

I also have been trying to track down a Chewbacca Djarik Champion for a long time.

I'd add the following to the lists that have been posted here:

- 300th Boba Fett
- Any retail exclusive 12" and all vehicles are pretty tough.

Most POTJ stuff is quite hard to come by at retail and for retail prices now, so your find was a really good one. I also really enjoy this release and wish you the best of luck building your new collection.
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2003, 04:56 PM »
Quote from: Thomas Grey link=board=4;threadid=765;start=0#msg7332
I also have been trying to track down a Chewbacca Djarik Champion for a long time.

[quote

I find that to be an interesting one that you need, as it's one of the first figs I was able to pick up from this line, for $3!?! LoL. I swear, it's just the luck of the game. I'm sure i'll have trouble tracking ones down that u had no trouble getting at all.
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2003, 06:43 PM »
I had one! Got it retail and then traded it and haven't found one since. No one has offered to trade me one either. As someone who wants every carded Chewbacca figure I can get, it's a bit frustrating. Nice pick up again. I hate you (but it's really just envy).
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2003, 08:50 PM »
if i come across another one, it's yours.
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com

Offline Guttersnipe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Tramampoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2003, 10:59 AM »
Over here in the UK (not that it is much help to you) the rarest (IMO) seem to be;
R2 Q5
Sandtrooper
Clean Scout
MOTDS

I still need 23 of the line and these three I don't see anywhere

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2005, 08:19 PM »
I have a lotta extras in this collection I don't know why maybe it was my fav collection. I really like how hasbro opened up and created lots of original sculpts in this line. Anyway shoot me a PM and I'll reply with what I got. then perhaps we can work something out.
 I'm quite positive I have an extra Dejaric Champion chewy as well for the earlier post.

as for what was rare- some say aurra sing was(not for me)But mostly the army builders like troopers ect were difficult. The masters of the Dark side 2 pack was easy for me (i guess timing) but it went to Wal marts once then was discontinued. And the Q5 astromech was really rare it was shortpacked in the Lando wave

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2005, 09:54 PM »
I have:

Imp. Officer

Holiday Special Zutton

Teebo

I really want to get a R4-M9 or a Scout trooper for less then $8. Anybody could help?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2005, 02:28 AM »
Good older topic...

POTJ was weird for me.  It was one of the only collections of SW figures in the modern line that I can attest that I saw each wave at least twice.  The irony of all ironies was that K-Mart of all places was THE place to go (besides price varying from basic retail to $2 more). 

I'd say most found the latter waves the harder to find...  The waves that included the Imperial astromech (R2-Q5 I believe) onward were hit & miss with retailers.  I know TRU got tons of late-wave POTJ in, but depending on the wave they would sell out really fast too.  Also the regional distribution was all over the place once more.  In PIttsburgh the Imp. Officer/Fleet Trooper/FX-7 wave was shipping in droves.  Good for me since I wanted Imperial Officers in droves too.

Just a state over though, they got the wave with Eeth Koth in droves.  Weird, as while he shipped here, we didn't really have Eeth Koth become a pegwarmer like he was across the border.

POTJ's deathnail was the over-ordering retail did at the start of the X-Mas season.  Around September the Ketwol/Duros wave hit and boy did it linger.  Still see remnant Duros and Ketwols at many TRU's, KB's, KM's, etc...  I've even heard of them at WM stores.  Crazy.

IG-88
Han Solo (Bespin Capture)
Sabe' (Queen's Decoy)
Ketwol (Card Damage)
Queen Amidala (Royal Decoy/Black Travel Gown)
Rebel Fleet Troop (Tantive IV Defender) x3
Imperial Biker Scout (Clean Variation)

(Scout I'm only trading for a "biggie" I need however)

I can help with any of the others though if you're interested.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2005, 10:10 PM »
I hope this helps, and not trying to promote buying in any one area or nothing, but at the current price I thought this bid was pretty reasonable for the POTJ line (or what is being offered) but I could be  wrong.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5988394742&category=50269&rd=1

Bid is currently $79.95 for  57 figures but not MOTDS or other ones like that. As mention before, I found it doing a search at ebay for Power of the Jedi Figures.
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2005, 12:30 AM »
My local TRU still has five pegs of nothing but Duros and Bespin Guards. Still. And they refuse to clearance them.  ::) And they've been out for what, four years?

I only saw the FX-7 wave once, which sucked since I still want to get carded versions of those.
Saesee Tiin and Plo Koon waves were also scarce here, only showing once at K-Mart, where most of my POTJ purchases were made. I still need those and the Han Bespin waves carded.

What a great series of figures this was. Hopefully, Hasbro knocks our socks off with another line just like it in the future. Those figures were ones I didn't regret buying at all.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk