Author Topic: SA Arc Commander from CW toon  (Read 5497 times)

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
Re: SA Arc Commander from CW toon
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2005, 12:27 AM »
Heh, Ordo was indeed Canderous' last name, I honestly kinda like it.  ;D

I am SO doing this custom once I find a clone commander.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2005, 06:58 PM »
Thank you all for looking and for being cool to a newbie.  ;D

Hell, you ain't a newbie, Redgek!  You're just new to JD, but most of us know you already from the other boards.  ;)

That said, welcome to JediDefender.  Glad to finally have you stop by...

As for your ARC Commander, holy **** that's beautiful!  I can't customize for crap, but I'm going to have to seriously look into taking a stab at this one.  I was going to ask about those blasters as well, so I'm glad you already covered that.  Refresh my memory though - does the EU Kyle figure come with just one of those guns, or both?  Not sure how thrilled I'd be to have to nab a couple of those figures just for those two guns...

But your incredible pix here may inspire me to do just that.  I'll probably wait just a little longer though, to see what Hasbro's got on tap for the rest of it's Clone Wars line(s).  They were asking at C3 if the collectors would like to see the CW line continue, and if so, in what form - animated, or regular.  Of course, everybody answered a resounding BOTH8)

But since the Red ARC's already seen plastic in both of those lines, it's doubtful they'd go back and create a new one as nice looking as yours though.  So I'm probably going to have to take my untalented customizing ass to task on this one.  Wish me luck!  :P
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 06:59 PM by JediMAC »

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2005, 08:33 PM »
I dunno if I want to make one now or wait till the "evolutions" set for the SA clone with the removable helmet.

Offline Redgek

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2005, 04:51 PM »
Hey MAC, good to "see" you.

You're right, Kyle comes with only 1 of those pistols. I thought the gun would show up again as a random pack-in, but no such luck. It's exclusive to Kyle thus far. 

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #19 on: June 3, 2005, 05:30 PM »
:o Shoot, that's fantastic! Very nicely done, Redgek. If I didn't know better I seriously wouldn't know it's a custom. Great photography as well.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 3, 2005, 11:19 PM »
I second what he ^^^^^^ said.  I didn't even notice the rangefinder thing until you mentioned it.

B

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #21 on: July 8, 2005, 04:29 PM »
Oh, and up until recently, we never knew what big red's name was in his big EU world. According to "Omega squad: targets", a short story published in star wars insider written by Karen Traviss, his name is Ordo; named after the mandalorian from KOTOR, Canderous Ordo.

Actually, I asked Ms. Traviss about this on the StarWars.com forums, and she says Ordo is not the same dude seen in the cartoon. They just have the same armor of ARC trooper captains. Ordo's first appearance is the "Targets" story.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2005, 04:30 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)