Author Topic: ROTS Burger King Promos  (Read 67204 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: ROTS Burger King Promos
« Reply #225 on: June 19, 2005, 09:34 PM »
Brent, I found you a Jabba, and gave him and Wicket to Jeff last Thursday.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 19, 2005, 11:09 PM »
Then consider me done 8)

A thousand, thousand thank you's.  I can't imagine the annoyance of having to go to ebay for one measly burger king toy :-[
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 19, 2005, 11:47 PM »
You're quite welcome. It wasn't much trouble at my end since I don't have to hassle with the actual shipping process. ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 20, 2005, 09:19 AM »
I was able to pick up the last wave (without food, hooray) last Friday, so I'm all done as well.  All in all, a nice little promotion and cool toys for 99 cents each.  I am glad to be done with it though, one less place to stop in the "Star Wars" route now ;).

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #229 on: June 20, 2005, 09:53 AM »
I finished my collection just as JD went down last week.  I'm so glad I don't feel the need to visit BK this week.  :)
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 22, 2005, 09:28 PM »
  I'm so glad I don't feel the need to visit BK this week.  :)

Amen  :D
Beth

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #231 on: June 22, 2005, 09:49 PM »
A full week without BK and I feel better already!  ;D
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 9, 2005, 03:53 AM »
I got my set of 31 BK toys just the other day, I love that Survivor win!  ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #233 on: August 2, 2005, 12:19 AM »
Hey, just dug through this thread and wanted to ask for some help from anyone who got extras of the plush.

I'm in desperate need of:

Jawa
Tarful
Boga

I'd like an extra Chewbacca as well if someone happened to have one.  If not cool, but those top 3 I REALLY need for a full set and just can't get them.

Anyone?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 2, 2005, 01:25 AM »
Hey, just dug through this thread and wanted to ask for some help from anyone who got extras of the plush.

I'm in desperate need of:

Jawa
Tarful
Boga

I'd like an extra Chewbacca as well if someone happened to have one.  If not cool, but those top 3 I REALLY need for a full set and just can't get them.

Anyone?

I have a Tarful loose if you want him.  LMK.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #235 on: August 2, 2005, 01:29 AM »
Sure thing Jay, PM me what you'd like for him...  That'd widdle things down a bit for me.

These are some of the neatest little collectables ever I think...  I only wanted the Plush but BK's are a bitch to find for me.  Not many left around Pittsburgh, and of course my area is the least likely to find a BK.  Used to have 3 within 15 minutes or so but they're all gone now.  Only one was within an hour away and it's a direction I never go anymore.

I appreciate the help!

Anyone else maybe have some?  The Boga, Jawa, and an extra Chewie would be appreciated greatly. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #236 on: August 2, 2005, 09:29 AM »
JJ have an extra Jawa for you!

Some general thoughts on the BK toys now that it's over.

At the the Pgh show a few booths had the toys for about $3ea.  A few had maybe a handful of random loose they would part with for a little less.  Full sets were about $40+.

My Burger King (one that's kinda near Jesse too) would take the plush and put all of those in the kids meal bags, so any of the kids typically would get the plush unless they asked for somethign different, making the plush a little harder to snag.  I would imagine they weren't the only ones that might have done this.  This would lead me to beleive that down the road the plush ones may eventually be just slightly harder to find(just a hunch), plus one of the employees also said a lot of times theres a brother and a sister, so they would try to give the sister a plush or a Padme.

One or two booths would give me the same story that Maul was $5, Fett was $7 and Vader was $10 (these were the HTF ones is what they would say)

Persoanlly all said and done, from a collectors standpoint I thought the promotion was kicked off poorly, I found the Vader first day, but was a hassle to get. The employees at first didn't have a clue as to what the prices were, how many figs you could get, etc. but after the first week it ran smoothly.  I the actual toys themselves were great (for what they are) both from a collectors view and from a kids view.  Also, I think with 31 toys available, these will hold a collectible "value" better than the toy promos of the past.  They all in general just seemed kinda hard to find(lots of BK would be sold out of them), and you don't see hundreds of thousands of these lying around leftover like the Pizza Hut cups or Taco Bell SE and EP I toys.  I really didn't see a ton of them at the Pgh. toyshow like I had imagined I would.

so, maybe that gives a general idea of what the "market" on the BK toys will be like ??????  just my general thoughts, observations, and opinions.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 3, 2005, 01:18 AM »
Overall I really liked this promotion. They were great figures for the value (spot-on likenesses for Obi-Wan, Padme, etc.) and pretty easily available in my neck of the woods, where you can't throw an Ewok without hitting a BK.

I hope they continue this series again, perhaps for the DVD release in November. We already know they're doing some kind of watches as a tie-in.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #238 on: August 3, 2005, 02:57 AM »
Hey Bob,

PLEASE hold that Jawa for me.  I'll get it off you ASAP then...  Jay's sending me the Tarful so besides a Boga (which seemed the least intresting anyway) I'm pretty well set...  I love these things, they are so neat.

Plastic ones, thankfully, weren't of interest to me.  Eliminated all those tough ones to find.  I never saw any at the show, though I wish I had...  I didn't see them for sale anywhere there though.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #239 on: August 3, 2005, 04:47 PM »
no problem, it's yours remind me next time we get together.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)