Author Topic: ROTS Burger King Promos  (Read 67202 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Burger King Promos
« Reply #300 on: November 14, 2005, 08:52 AM »
I stopped by BK this weekend, the same one I found during the last promo that has no problems selling you just the toys (whew).  Luckily, they have the same policy this time, so I picked up the entire first wave (sans Vader of course).  Although I would like to get one, like Ben said, I don't think I'll stress about it.  I got the last version the first time I went in, and as long as I have "a Vader", I think I'll be ok.  I'm actually kind of interested in the watches too, mainly because of those spiffy tins.  I might just stick with the 3 OT ones though, we'll see.  Is there a sort of release schedule for the watches as well?  I was curious what was available which week, or so far at least.  I didn't ask when I picked up the toys, but probably should have.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 14, 2005, 10:49 AM »
The tins out first up here were ANH and TPM, the first movie of each trilogy respectively.  I'm sort of expecting them to follow that trend, though I'm not sure exactly how the timing will work with three pairs of tins and a four week promotion. 

I'll be making my weekly journey to BK either today or tomorrow, so I'll post then what's about.  The tins are indeed quite spiffy.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #302 on: November 16, 2005, 01:40 AM »
I just read on RS that this week is supposed to be episodes II and V, and next week will be III and VI.

I forgot what toys will be out. I just know that the one I'm really looking forward to, Jedi Luke, isn't out until the last week.  :P
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 16, 2005, 09:26 AM »
Same here Ben, I'm really looking forward to that Jedi Luke as well.  I'm debating whether I want to collect the entire run this time or not.  Many are repeats of the first waves (although different), and I have to admit I do prefer the OT-based ones overall.  I picked up all of the first week for that reason, but I'm not sure about this week.  I wouldn't mind getting R2 and Jedi Luke, and some of the ROTS-ish ones don't look bad either.  We'll see.

I'm hoping to stop by BK to see if I can get the Han/Fett watch this week (and maybe the Luke/Stormtrooper one if they still have it).  I'd really like to get the three OT watches, although my wife thinks I'm crazy for wanting them. :)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #304 on: November 16, 2005, 01:45 PM »
Picked up the next 4 today
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 16, 2005, 02:56 PM »
Picked up wave two today, still no Vader.  Went to the BK where I got the first one, same lady still working there, but she didn't remember me.  I think I'm happy about that.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #306 on: November 16, 2005, 04:22 PM »
Well for the second time i found a Vader, but it was the one from the first set with Anakin.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 16, 2005, 05:51 PM »
I'm debating whether I want to collect the entire run this time or not.  Many are repeats of the first waves (although different)...

They kind of ruined it with this rehash party, huh? I'm skipping Mace because it's just the same guy. It's not Bespin Luke vs Jedi Luke or anything. I'd pass on R2 too if he didn't have the cool gimmick of actually projecting an image of Leia (albeit out of his ass this time). I gone back and forth on Yoda, and even Vader at one point. Rehashes... And they didn't even do Qui-Gon, Dooku or Lando. >:(

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #308 on: November 16, 2005, 06:07 PM »
Qui-Gon, Dooku, and Lando would have been nicer than the rehashes.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 17, 2005, 11:07 AM »
Have $500 lying around?  Then you too can own the Exclusive 9 ft Tall Inflatable Darth Vader used in the Burger King Star Wars Promotion.  Probably be something neat to have, but to have the space and money for that?  Yikes.  Interesting that SWShop is selling it though.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 17, 2005, 02:28 PM »
I saw one of those on eBay a few days ago.  Bidding went up to around $120 but it didn't reach whatever the reserve was.  I'd be amazed if they sell on SWS.com for $500.  I wonder how many they actually have...

All I'd have to do to make room for that is to build a second floor on my house with an open ceiling in the living room.  No problem.   ;D

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 17, 2005, 10:00 PM »
Got week 3 today. :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 18, 2005, 09:05 AM »
Stopped by BK yesterday to check on the watches, and picked up the two OT ones....Han/Boba and Luke/Stormie.  I'm holding off on the PT ones for now, although I might get the ROTS one.  The others are tempting too, just for the tins.  Didn't have to buy any food either, but they were a dollar more ($2.99 each).  The watches are ok I guess, but I think the tins are the best part of this promo :).

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #313 on: November 18, 2005, 11:08 PM »
I went to BK tonight to get week 2. They just opened their case of week 2 tonight at about 8:45. Sheesh.
They also didn't have any watches for week 2 (AOTC and ESB) so I scored some grub and week 2. The jerk manager wouldn't give me one of the Vaders out of the freshly opened case either. So this place has now lost my business just based on the fact they were ******** about the whole thing. I know I said I didn't want the Vader, but if I can see the ************ in the box, come on.

So I head down the road to the next BK trying to get the week 2 watches. They wouldn't sell them to me without buying another value meal. My reaction, verbatim: "Are you ******* serious?"

I knew I shouldn't have bothered to track this second series down. I've had to go to two different BKs both weeks, and got treated like **** at each one.  I should just stop now and wait a couple weeks and get the whole damn set for less than it would cost me buying them each week.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 18, 2005, 11:37 PM »
My BK series is done. I have a complete set coming in the mail from a Snowtrooper here in Canada, saves me time and money tracking the figures down. Hell for $2. CDN per toy plus shipping, me thinks I did well.  8)