Author Topic: ROTS Burger King Promos  (Read 67454 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Burger King Promos
« Reply #330 on: December 5, 2005, 07:21 AM »
Wow-that is a fantastic haul for all the initial frustration you went through!!  It's good to hear there is still great customer service in some areas.
Beth

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 5, 2005, 12:20 PM »
I stopped by BK while we were Christmas shopping this weekend to try and pick up the remaining stuff I wanted.  I had hoped to get the "Return of the Jedi" watch with Leia/Jabba, but although they said they had "all six" that was the only one they were missing.  I picked up the ROTS Vader watch, as well as the Luke Jedi toy though, and was happy to get those.  I didn't end up getting all of the toys this time around.  Money is tight right now, and some I wasn't overly interested in anyways, so I just picked up the OT-stuff, the OT watches aside from the ROTJ one they were missing, and the one ROTS watch.  Is BK supposed to continue selling these this week and beyond, or is the promo all wrapped up now?  Just curious.  Hope everyone found/got what they needed.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 6, 2005, 01:27 PM »
I managed to pick up the last four toys yesterday after having finished out the watches earlier in the week.  Arrived at work today to find a nifty little Vader waiting for me thanks to DBK (thanks Matt :)), a very kind gesture.  And with that, I bid BK a fond adieu and will now attempt to lose weight again prior to the Christmas stuff fest.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #333 on: December 7, 2005, 02:04 AM »
I grabbed one of the last Vader watches from my BK, that was the one outselling the rest by far.

Also, they sold out of the last wave of figs before I could grab them.  Doh.  All the others hung for weeks, but that last wave, forget it.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #334 on: December 8, 2005, 01:18 AM »
The two stores I've been going to are completely out of the watches; they've both taken down their displays now (and I was able to nab the full Darth Vader stand-up at the other store). 
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #335 on: December 12, 2005, 11:47 PM »
I scored the last of the stuff I needed a couple weeks back, but didn't get a Vader.

I haven't had any BK slop since. My guts thank me.

It's too bad they did another R2 and Mace instead of a Qui-Gon.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Need BK Bail Organa
« Reply #336 on: January 2, 2006, 09:05 PM »
Anyone have an extra Bail Organa?  I have a few extra figures I can trade but will gladly pay for the figure and the shipping.  It's the only one I missed and it bugs me to no end that I have an odd number of figures on my shelf  :-\
Beth

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #337 on: January 8, 2006, 12:41 PM »
With a little help from my PSWCS buds on the last 3 I needed, I completed the second BK set this week. Still need one or two from the first set that I just never got around to snagging and one of the fry boxes I fogot to snag.

Also completed all the promo stuf like fry boxes and cups, BK magazine, etc. and also have all 6 cards form the BK 2 promo.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #338 on: January 8, 2006, 03:52 PM »
I just so happen to have an extra Bail, Beth.  What figs do you have to trade?

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 8, 2006, 10:09 PM »
If anyone needs the Maul/Obi-Wan or Yoda/Dooku watches with Tins, I've got extras.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 20, 2006, 05:19 PM »
Hello,

I believe I have one extra breathing vader, send me your address and I'll send it on to you free of charge.

I scored the last of the stuff I needed a couple weeks back, but didn't get a Vader.

I haven't had any BK slop since. My guts thank me.

It's too bad they did another R2 and Mace instead of a Qui-Gon.

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 21, 2006, 08:39 PM »
If anyone is still missing stuff, I've got the following extras. They're all still sealed and everything unless otherwise noted.

Series I toys

Padme x3 (1 loose)
Wampa x2 (1 loose)
Watto
Boba
Grievous
Obi-Wan
Podracer
Yoda
Chewie
Sidious
Jaba
C-3P0
R2-D2
Boga
Vader x6
Maul

Series II - Bail

set of 6 watches (the AotC one is opened) plus an extra RotJ watch

a bunch of fry boxes, kids meal bags, Adventure booklets, cups, etc. from both promotions

PM me if you need anything, and I'm sure we can work out some sort of deal.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 19, 2006, 01:51 PM »
No, don't worry, they're not coming back (at least not that I know of). 

I expect most people have been so poisoned by the experience at BK that they didn't venture forth during the recent Sponge Bob Squarepants promotion.  Still, I thought I'd ask, because we missed one item that my daughter wanted and that's the Arctic explorer Sponge Bob (blue with a teeth-gritted look on his face).  If anyone can help out prior to me hitting ebay, it would be appreciated.  We have a few extras of the spongebob things as well if you need something. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 20, 2006, 01:18 AM »
Ah, the challenges of fatherhood.  ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 2, 2006, 03:54 PM »
Older thread, but I was just curious about something... for those of you who collected these, either limited or the entire line, do you display them?  I collected most (not all of the second wave) of these, and had them on display - but with the arrival of a few new things (AT-AT from Mikey, a few new figures, etc.) I don't have room right now.  I'm trying to figure out what to do with them, because I like seeing them all together but I'm not sure there is anything else I'd like to pack away to make room for them.  Ah, the constant issue of display space :).  Do any of you display these, or just pack 'em away?