Author Topic: Which Clone is Commander Bly?  (Read 19697 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Which Clone is Commander Bly?
« on: May 15, 2005, 12:33 AM »
I recently pre-ordered the Clone Evolution set.

It includes 3 all SA -

1.  AOTC Generic Yellow Clone
2.  ROTS Commander Bly Clone
3.  OTC Sandtrooper

Super sweeeeeet!

It's not Commander Bly, but it is a grunt in his legion.  Bly has a solid yellow painted helmet fin, yellow painted thigh armor, and macrobinoculars on the helmet.  The visual dictionary is also incorrect.  They have a grunt in Bly's legion labeled as Commander Bly.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 12:34 AM »
I recently pre-ordered the Clone Evolution set.

It includes 3 all SA -

1.  AOTC Generic Yellow Clone
2.  ROTS Commander Bly Clone
3.  OTC Sandtrooper

Super sweeeeeet!

It's not Commander Bly, but it is a grunt in his legion.  Bly has a solid yellow painted helmet fin, yellow painted thigh armor, and macrobinoculars on the helmet.  The visual dictionary is also incorrect.  They have a grunt in Bly's legion labeled as Commander Bly.

We really don't know this yet

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 12:37 AM »
Judging from the looks of Commander Thire, and from the fact that the clone in Bly's legion with the macrobinoculars is the only one shown like that, I'd say that we do know that, Scott.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 12:39 AM »
Judging from the looks of Commander Thire, and from the fact that the clone in Bly's legion with the macrobinoculars is the only one shown like that, I'd say that we do know that, Scott.

OWNED! :P

So these are definatley grunts then. I hope we get a Bly. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 12:44 AM »

OWNED! :P

So these are definatley grunts then. I hope we get a Bly. :)

Kevin
You can infer all you want but nothing is confirmed until said so by LFL and what we have so far calls the non-colored version Bly, so, even though I agree with you, I don't think you can state it as fact yet, sorry

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 12:50 AM »
what we have so far calls the non-colored version Bly, so, even though I agree with you, I don't think you can state it as fact yet, sorry

Okay, then just one more inference: Scott agrees with non-facts.

:D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005, 12:52 AM »
Nope, I just don't think we know is all, who knows if all of those clones are even in the movie at all?  You don't until you see them on Thursday, and in that case, for me at least, they move from I want to I could care less about.  Even if it is a grunt, its still cool and then I would want a Bly figure :-*

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2005, 09:03 AM »
Some of these Clone Commanders will undoubtedly make it into the Databank at The Official Site at some point.  That will probably be the definitive statement on the issue.  Until then, the Visual Dictionary is the only visual reference that Lucasfilm has offered, and should be treated as the real deal.  You can disagree with that all you want, but until photographic evidence is offered up to the contrary, or you see the movie at Midnight Wednesday and Aayla Secura specifically addresses a certain Clone Trooper as Bly, then we have to accept the Visual Dictionary as fact.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 10:41 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2005, 10:56 AM »
Some of these Clone Commanders will undoubtedly make it into the Databank at The Official Site at some point.  That will probably be the definitive statement on the issue.  Until then, the Visual Dictionary is the only visual reference that Lucasfilm has offered, and should be treated as the real deal.  You can disagree with that all you want, but until photographic evidence is offered up to the contrary, or you see the movie at Midnight Wednesday and Aayla Secura specifically addresses a certain Clone Trooper as Bly, then we have to accept the Visual Dictionary as fact.

I don't think so.  Why would just 1 of this crew have a yellow painted breath filter, yellow painted thigh armor, macrobinoculars, and the long rifle rather than the short one that all the other are carrying, look just like Thire, and not be Commander Bly?  The Visual Dictionary is clearly a mistake.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2005, 12:25 PM »

I don't think so.  Why would just 1 of this crew have a yellow painted breath filter, yellow painted thigh armor, macrobinoculars, and the long rifle rather than the short one that all the other are carrying, look just like Thire, and not be Commander Bly?  The Visual Dictionary is clearly a mistake.

...In your opinion.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2005, 01:10 PM »

...In your opinion.

The only alternative explanation is that Commander Bly likes to have a decoy to be mistaken for commander and that he likes to personally blend in with the grunts.  So unless that proves to be true, the Visual Dictionary picture is mislabeled.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2005, 01:55 PM »
...Or Bly isn't the only Commander involved with the situation on Felucia. *Ahem*
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2005, 03:21 PM »
Okay, according to the comic published by "Lucas Books," in the scene on Felucia, Aayla says, "Is it droids Bly?"  And then, the clone (Commander Bly) with the macrobinoculars, yellow painted thigh armor, yellow painted breath filter, and long rifle, the only one who looks like that (And like Thire) replies to Aayla, "NO" and then pulls a pistol and shoot her in the back.

There is Scott's and Nick's proof that Aayla addresses Commander Bly and he replies to her directly.

Checkmate.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2005, 03:28 PM »
So to wrap this up, this is a standard Felucia grunt in Bly's legion:

Notice how he does not have yellow painted thigh armor, a long rifle, macrobinoculars on his helmet, or a yellow painted breath filter like Commander Bly does.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 03:31 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2005, 03:29 PM »
 :o

::)
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.