Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Top 500 Alternative Songs Ever

(1/2) > >>

Mikey D:
My local radio station (FNX 101.7) ran their Top 500 Alternative Songs Ever over the weekend.  Click on the link for the complete list:

http://www.wfnx.com/1/big500_1.asp

There are songs that I have not heard in years.  I kind of had the feeling Nirvana was going to be #1.  Its a great list for fans of alternative music and a great starting point for anyone interested in some downloading.

Thoughts?

dustrho:
That top 10 is perfect!  I used to absolutely love Nirvana... that song "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was awesome!

Reconsgt:
I am surprised at how many songs slip from my mind until you see a list. Then all of a sudden a light turns on and you find yourself digging out the old cassettes and CDs. good list

Depmode:
21. Depeche Mode- Personal Jesus
54. Depeche Mode- Enjoy The Silence
170. Depeche Mode- Policy Of Truth
228. Depeche Mode- Everything Counts
302. Depeche Mode- Just Can't Get Enough
334. Depeche Mode- Master And Servant
481. Depeche Mode- Strangelove

Depeche Mode Rocks. I am also pleased to see some NIN,311, The Cure, Smashing Pumpkins, and U2 in the mix :)

Scott:
Being the huge Pearl Jam fan I am...I feel Jeremy is one of my least favorite songs in their catalog...Alive is a much better choice for their best and most memorable songs which probably isn't in my top 20 PJ songs either.  I also noticed there are no PJ songs past Vitalogy (except #453 I Got **** which was a single) which I also can't agree with

Looks like a great list...any list that has Blister in the Sun in the top 5 is spot on in my book!  Lots of my favorite bands on there all over the place!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version