Author Topic: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers  (Read 74431 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Master Replicas, mini sabers
« Reply #150 on: January 3, 2005, 10:12 PM »
Nice score Daniel!  Cool present from your lady too!

Is that your first mini, or do you have the others?  Can't recall now...

Hoping to hear some news from Master Replicas in the next few weeks here on their next wave of minis.  I really hope they'll squeeze in one more non-ROTS wave while there's still time.

Still need me a couple of those damned Jedi display cases too!   >:(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2005, 04:25 PM »
Looks like Adam just dug up MR's new release news for 2005, and here's the next 6 mini sabers we've got to look forward to:

Anakin Skywalker Ep III--Q2
Obi-Wan Kenobi Ep. III--Q2
Yoda Ep. III--Q2/Q3
Darth Sidious Ep. III--Q3
Count Dooku Ep.III--Q3
Darth Vader Ep. III--Q4

Must admit, I'm a little disappointed to see that they're all ROTS related.  Could've gone for a Qui-Gonn, or ANH Luke versions...   :-\

Hopefully the make some more of those damned display cases while they're at it!   ::)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2005, 09:53 PM »
I hope they still give the display case away free as long as you buy a set of three.  As for Qui-Gon's saber, they'd better make the full size one first or they are NEVER going to hear the end of that one!!
Beth

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2005, 08:57 PM »
StarWarsShop.com says they will have the mini Ep.III Anakin on sale Feb. 1st.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2005, 09:04 PM »
I hadn't noticed that one Jason.  Is it an exclusive for them, or anything notable/important like that?  If so, I'll have to be ready to hop on that one!

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2005, 11:22 PM »
Yeah, I caught that news blurb earlier - I was just wondering if that really means that mini will truly be exclusive to SWS.com, or if they'll just be selling it starting that day...   ???

I'd be surprised if it really was their exclusive, but I guess I ain't stupid enough to test that theory, and will be ordering one pronto when they come available...

Looks like another Jedi and Sith collection will be coming, presumably in 2 separate waves again.  I wonder if they'll be going with the generic stands that have been rumored, or if they'll say "Jedi Collection 2005" on them, similar to last time...

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2005, 08:25 PM »
Hey Matt.  I was wondering if you can pick one of those up for me on Feb. 1st at starwarsshop.com since I'll be at work and unable to get one.  LMK. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 08:26 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2005, 05:21 PM »
I'll be at work too, and have a couple meetings lined up tomorrow, but I'll see what I can do for ya' Jas!

I wasn't even paying much attention to this announcement really.  Is this saber exclusive to SWS.com?  Or are they just gonna be the first ones to release it?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2005, 08:32 PM »
I am pretty sure that the sabers will be available through Master Replica but sws.com is just being allowed to let people order them a little early.  Nothing that I have read from people that seem to have an "in" with MR have stated that these are exclusives.  Honestly, I think MR would have sent out an email to it's members if they were exclusives, we are the bread and butter of their company (Star Wars collectors) and I am sure they want to make as many sabers as possible  ;).
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #160 on: February 1, 2005, 03:26 AM »
Thanks Beth.

I'm a little concerned here.   If I order the Ani or Obi-Wan sabers at SWS.com, does that mean I'm not gonna be able to nab another potential set of 3 with a display stand from MR later on, since they may have a couple of the same sabers?

Not sure I want to order these if that's the case...

And Jason, what about the new Obi saber...  Did you want that too, or just the Anakin one?   ???

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 1, 2005, 07:52 AM »
I'd hold off Matt.  I am sure these will be available at MR tomorrow for regular members and Thursday for sure.
It's not like they will sell out at sws.com since there is no end production number but if you do order, you can always cancel later on (since they are not in-stock).
Beth

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 1, 2005, 11:01 PM »
Hold off Matt.  I want to order these as a set so I can get the display case.  I love how the Ep.III Obi1 has gold on it.  I was worried we were going to get the AFBB edition again.  Makes me SO tempted to break down and buy the full scale one. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #163 on: February 1, 2005, 11:33 PM »
Hold off Matt.  I want to order these as a set so I can get the display case.  I love how the Ep.III Obi1 has gold on it.  I was worried we were going to get the AFBB edition again.  Makes me SO tempted to break down and buy the full scale one. 

Phew!  'Cause I wound up in those meetings a lot longer than I expected (had to drive back from the second one this evening), and then when I had the chance tonight I started wondering if I really should, or if you might have the same idea as me and want to hold off for the sets with display stands, Jay.  Was even about to call you a little while ago to find out if you still really wanted to roll with it...

But yeah, if you look at the MR release list for these, you can see it looks like there's the set of 3 Jedi and 3 Sith again, so it's likely the'll do the same thing as last time with the sets.  Plus, neither of these (with the Obi too) look like they're gonna be exclusive, or anything like that.

The Obi does look cool.  Nice to see a slight difference on there.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 2, 2005, 05:59 PM »
Tomorrow, if you are a member of the collector's society at Master Replica, you can order the Anakin and Obi-wan saber only.  They do mention the rest of the bunch as being released throught the year but absolutely NO mention of a display case.  I'm going to sit back and wait on these and see if a case is made down the line with a discount for buying the Jedi or Sith collection then.  It will really suck if they don't make the three tier case as that is really the best way to display them.

Beth