Author Topic: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers  (Read 74830 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas, mini sabers
« Reply #180 on: February 23, 2005, 10:59 AM »
Yeah, more hunting for them. Looks like theres also a Gold chase .45 scale lightsaber limited to 150. It's a sealed box so you won't know until you brake the seal and take a looky inside. Have fun.

Is this for all the sabers Jeff listed, or one in particular?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 23, 2005, 11:04 AM »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 23, 2005, 11:17 AM »
Ok then, all three but I'll only be able to access one. 

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 23, 2005, 04:12 PM »
That's it?? Only 3,000??? Great, those will be gone the first day.  I guess I know what line I'll be in as soon as the doors open.   And there are several "summer" conventions so it will be really interesting to see how they divide up that amount over the summer.  Finally, there isn't ONE Best Buy in the entire Upper Peninsula of Michigan (not to mention other countries) so how the hell am I gonna get that one??  Nice...real nice.   :-X
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #184 on: February 23, 2005, 04:18 PM »
"CELEBRATION 3 EXCLUSIVE
ROTS Obi Wan Kenobi BLACK SMOKE CHROMED .45 Scale Replica Lightsaber

SUMMER CONVENTIONS EXCLUSIVE
ROTS Anakin Skywalker BLACK SMOKE CHROMED .45 Scale Replica Lightsaber

BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE
ROTS Darth Sidious BLACK SMOKE CHROMED .45 Scale Replica Lightsaber"

Really?  That's it?  Hmmm...  I think I'm rather happy with that announcement, 'cause I'm pretty sure that means I'm not going to have to get them.  I'm only getting regular releases (and weathered versions), and am not screwing around trying to be a completist with all the gold, and now "smoked chrome" versions.  So I think you can count me out on chasing those.  So if any of you "clowns" tries to peer pressure me into one of them (and hence all), I'm gonna be pissed.

Not goin' there.   :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 23, 2005, 04:28 PM »
Well Beth, sign me up for that line first day with hubby then (he does have a name,yes?).  I want one of these sabers.  I'm far too far behind to start in on them and don't really want too, but if I'm at an event anyway, I'll be damned if I'm not going to try for one. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #186 on: February 23, 2005, 04:36 PM »
Finally, there isn't ONE Best Buy in the entire Upper Peninsula of Michigan (not to mention other countries) so how the hell am I gonna get that one??  Nice...real nice.   :-X

Considering I live in MN, the home-base of Best Buy and there are literally 11 of them within 15 miles of my house, I can keep my eyes open for this for ya. 

Just drop me a PM whenever it gets closer to release and I'll try to help out on them if I can...  goes for you Canadians too.  ;)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 23, 2005, 04:45 PM »
I guess I'll throw my hat in here Jeff, even though I'm not sure yet I'm going to delve into these much.  I've got the Vader regular saber hilt and want to pick up the FX version as well.  The Sidious one could be pretty awesome though, so for now I'll be in.  I'll just send the money with the clone army builder money :-*  Unless they come out sooner. 

Must sell stuff on ebay.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 23, 2005, 05:25 PM »
So the Smoked Chrome sabers are somthing seperate entierly, or??? I'd like to get these, and I really don't want a gold one.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 23, 2005, 09:52 PM »
Considering I live in MN, the home-base of Best Buy and there are literally 11 of them within 15 miles of my house, I can keep my eyes open for this for ya. 

Just drop me a PM whenever it gets closer to release and I'll try to help out on them if I can...  goes for you Canadians too.  ;)

Jeff

Very cool!!  Once I know anything, I'll be begging again and can send you the cash pronto.  I am assuming after C3 but you never know. 

Well Beth, sign me up for that line first day with hubby then (he does have a name,yes?). I want one of these sabers. I'm far too far behind to start in on them and don't really want too, but if I'm at an event anyway, I'll be damned if I'm not going to try for one.

Jay.  I just informed him tonight after I printed the map of the convention center and highlighted his destination once the doors opened.  He just sighed and went to bed.  I assume that can only mean he is resting up now for the big day  ;)
Beth

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2005, 11:46 PM »
I'm sure Jamie and myself and probably Matt and some others as well will be at SDCC.  I'm waiting to see pics before I decide to get excited for the exclusives.  I'll help out when the time comes as well.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 1, 2005, 12:40 PM »
Hey all.  Just found this and grabbed one for myself. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7956689117

They are just generic trio stands.  Good enough for my weathered and exclusive Obi-Wan sabers. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #192 on: March 1, 2005, 08:41 PM »
They are just generic trio stands.  Good enough for my weathered and exclusive Obi-Wan sabers.

Interesting.  Are those just cheap knockoffs based on the MR cases?  Looks like it.  $24's not too bad for that, though I'm probably going to prefer the "official generic case" that's coming from MR soon.  Here's the eBay one (still 12 left):

Check out that same seller's other display case.  $60 for this 9 saber wall frame.  Not bad lookin'...

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 2, 2005, 01:00 PM »
If the generic MR one is better, whenever that comes, I can always unload this one.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 25, 2005, 05:09 PM »
Galactic Hunter is reporting that MR will have an exclusive at C3 that may be worth picking up, since it's limited to 3000 pieces: a dark chrome Ep.III Obi1 saber.  I'm not big on the gold or chrome saber hilts, but I'll probably grab this one.