Author Topic: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers  (Read 74444 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers
« Reply #360 on: December 13, 2005, 01:38 AM »
Picked up a display case for $10 Saturday at the local show.

Anyone know where I can get the chrome Yoda besides ebay?

Offline Waffen

• Youngling
  • Smell the Aroma of a True Ding a Ling King
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 13, 2005, 12:17 PM »
these are looking pretty sweet based on those pics... I, like many others, don't really feel like dropping a couple hundred bucks on the full size ones.
if the price is right and everything I might convince myself to get a little Yoda saber  ;D

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #362 on: December 13, 2005, 12:32 PM »
Go for it Waffen and welcome to the boards.  Be warned though....once you get one of them, you'll want more!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Waffen

• Youngling
  • Smell the Aroma of a True Ding a Ling King
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 13, 2005, 01:30 PM »
thanks for the completmentary beer Matt_Fury  ;D

the difference in price doesn't even compare to the 1:1 scale line... $40 for the :45's and $300+ for the big ones... jeez.

now the next step is figuring out which variation of the Yoda I want.... half the fun for me is the hunt... checking prices, online photo archives, reading reviews, until I figure out wtf to buy.
there seems to be a grip of different ones... black chrome, black chrome w/ gold, Comic Con version etc. etc.  ??? ???

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #364 on: December 13, 2005, 07:11 PM »
I would suggest getting the movie accurate version first.  It's most likely the easiest and cheapest to pick up right now.  After that, try to pick up the gold chase and black chrome editions.  Those will take a bit more hunting.

I had a hell of a time getting all the "Special" Obi-Wan mini-sabers, with the exception of the Black Chrome ROTS version, which Ryan picked up for me at CIII.  Oddly enough, that was the one that got me on this whole saber binge!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #365 on: January 3, 2006, 07:26 PM »
So I'm catching up on the MR news that I've missed over the past several weeks.  According to our MR news report, the following are on the way:

Scaled Replicas:

-Luke Skywalker Ep IV Lightsaber
-Obi-Wan Kenobi Weathered Ep IV Lightsaber
-Luke Skywalker Ep V Lightsaber
-Darth Vader Ep V Lightsaber
-Anakin Skywalker Ep II Lightsaber

I assume that "scaled" means the .45 versions, right, since they're listed separately from the rest of the (apparently) full-sized versions...

Mostly rehashes there, and it's perplexing to not see Qui-Gon's saber listed in that lineup, since I thought that MR had said last year that there would definitely be a full sized and .45 version of that one coming soon.  Or am I just going crazy?

I'll have to get a new thread started on the .45 blasters, unless we've got one somewhere already...  Those should be very cool as well!

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 3, 2006, 07:31 PM »
I'm sure MR will make a mini Qui-Gon.  I seem to remember the same thing (about the mini one and LE one for 2006) but since they are kicking out a CE for Qui-Gon maybe they will hold off for 2007 on the mini.  I was really hoping it would be the collector society membership item but others seem to think it will be Marvel related.
Beth

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 11, 2006, 07:41 AM »
The Anakin and Obi-Wan (weathered) mini are for sale and shipping this month.  Luke (IV) is also going to start shipping in February.  I already have Luke and Obi-Wan so I am going to hold off on Anakin and see if I get any coupons to use when the collector society becomes available or just order from the saber vault.

MR mini's
Beth

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 11, 2006, 03:34 PM »
Glad to see those are up.  Gotta order them soon.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 11, 2006, 08:29 PM »
Is there any kind of list of what is available, including the variants/chase/exclusives that is up to date? The MR page only shows what is available for sale currently...

Any help??

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 11, 2006, 10:29 PM »
Is there any kind of list of what is available, including the variants/chase/exclusives that is up to date?

I'm working on a list for JD, but until that's done, the best thing I've found so far is here.  I hate to send you there  ;), but I think it's the most up to date you'll find.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 12, 2006, 11:17 AM »
Ugh... I think I'll just wait for your list Jesse... those hyperlink thingies hurt my brain  ;)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 12, 2006, 11:21 AM »
I received my first ever Master Replicas piece yesterday, the Ep IV Darth Vader mini saber.  Very, very cool.  The case is very sharp, and the stand is a really great accessory to make the mini stand out.  And of course, the detailing on the saber itself is quite impressive for such a small piece.  All for $26US shipped.  8)

Someday I hope to get my hands on the full size version, but this will work just fine for now in my Vader focus.  :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 12, 2006, 11:28 AM »
I've really been considering these scaled replicas, but have yet to purchase any.  The price is a lot more manageable to me, as I could never afford the regular versions.  I just don't know if it would bother me that they aren't "actual size" once I had them.  I'm tempted to order a Luke saber, maybe Vader, and then see what the blasters look like once they are released.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 12, 2006, 01:39 PM »
I don't think you'd be disappointed with the mini-sabers Brian.  It was kinda funny though, even though I knew it would be small, I was still surprised how small it really was.  But the impressive detail quickly took care of that and I'm very happy with it.  I don't plan on buying any others since I just wanted one for my Vader focus, but I certainly don't regret the purchase.

Besides a full size Vader saber, the only other MR item I've been interested in was the Jango Fett blaster set, or maybe a Stormtrooper blaster.  But the price will likely keep me from ever buying either.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 01:40 PM by JesseVader08 »