Author Topic: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers  (Read 75135 times)

Offline JuvyD

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas, mini sabers
« Reply #240 on: April 12, 2005, 12:53 AM »
Holographic Elvis ....My Best Buy Sid saber showed up today!!  Thanks!!  If in your saber quests you come across any gold ones...give me a shout and again thanks for the help!! ;D

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 12, 2005, 01:05 AM »
So I think I'm getting sucked into these .45 sonsabitches...

Anyone have any tips on the best way to play catch-up?  Any online stores still have the older ones available?  I guess I'd like to get the display cases too...

Lemme know if anyone has any ideas...thanks!

eBay is probably a good bet.  They seem pretty cheap on there.  Someone said the .45 Mace was up on WalMart.com, as was their exclusive weathered Obi-Wan.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #242 on: April 12, 2005, 01:10 AM »
What happened, Steve?  You uncontrollably nab the Best Buy one, and now you're screwed?!  ;)

They're definitely nice little pieces, and a great substitute for the larger, more expensive ones that many of us can't reasonably afford at this point.  As for starters...

I got a very helpful assist from BigDumbWookiee on a couple, which got me into the line to begin with.  But when I went hunting for the other 4 main regular sabers, I found MANY of them on eBay, for very good deals.  Haven't searched for them in quite a while, but I'm sure there's still some good prices to be had on them.  There were 6 regular sabers:  A Luke, Mace, and Obi-Wan in the original Jedi set, and then Vader, Dooku, and Maul in the Sith Collection shortly afterwards.  BUT, the display cases for both of those sets will run you a serious arm and a leg now.  The Jedi case (for 3 sabers) went up into the 3 digit range real quick, and last I saw, the Sith one was headed in the same direction.  But MR is supposedly putting out some generic 3-tiered cases soon, just like the ones we got before, but without the Jedi/Sith Collection 2004 on it.  So those are definitely a viable alternative if you don't "need" the original ones.

Then there's the exclusives...  The weathered Obi-Wan saber, which I think I just heard is back on Walmart.com right now.  There was the Comic Con Obi-Wan saber last year too.  Then you get into the other non-canon ones, like the Chrome Luke eBay exclusive (I think), and then Gold versions of pretty much all the above, which run a good bit more than the regular $35 ones...

Anyway, I'm just going with the more screen used versions, which puts me at the two sets of 3 (Jedi/Sith) and the Comic Con and WM.com Obi sabers.  So scope out eBay's completed auctions first, to get an idea of the present market value on 'em right now, and then take it from there.  Not sure if SaberVault.com has any left, but I know folks have recommended them a lot in the past as well.

Good luck!  You'll enjoy them when you get more, I'm sure...   8)

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 12, 2005, 12:28 PM »
What happened, Steve?  You uncontrollably nab the Best Buy one, and now you're screwed?!  ;)

Sort of, in a roundabout way.  I first took notice of them with this Best Buy exclusive...and then I started checking them out and was totally blown away by the look of the regular Sidious saber.  Man, that thing grabs me for some reason.  And then I saw they had a mini of the regular Sidious coming out too...and then I started checking out the other minis...and then I started looking around my apartment trying to figure out what I could sell so I could afford these...

Looks like I can get them at pretty decent prices on ebay.  Only thing -- are they definitely releasing generic cases for them?  I can score a Sith set with case, but can't find a Jedi set with case.  I figure I'll just get all the sabers without cases if I know I can score a set of generic cases later on...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #244 on: April 12, 2005, 01:54 PM »
Only thing -- are they definitely releasing generic cases for them?

That's what the Master Replicas customer service rep and Philip Wise over at RS both said, several times.  Obviously I can't personally guarantee that what they said is true, but I see no reason to doubt them at all.  I'm sure the generic cases will be showing up pretty soon though...

But if you can grab a cheap Sith case, and not "need" the matching Jedi case, then go for it.  That's probably the cheapest way to get that case, since most folks already have the sabers and are just trying to get a case for them now.  Same would likely hold true, to an extent, for the Jedi case with a set of 3 sabers, though that one's become so rare, I'd suspect it'd still be running quite a bit higher.

Good luck playing catchup though, Steve.  We'll give you a shout in here if we see any good deals...  ;)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 12, 2005, 02:29 PM »
Went to the Best Buy in Chino Hills where I found the mini Sidious exclusive and asked the same girl about the other 3.  She checked with someone and he said that they didn't have them and weren't getting anymore.  I honestly think they were talking about the exclusive though because she said they only got 5 and weren't getting anymore.  When I found the Sidious, there were 5 total.  They said an employee bought the F/X saber already.  I'm hoping they will still get in the regs of Anakin, Obi-Wan and Sidious. 

If anyone finds one of those regs and wants to trade for my exclusive Sidious, drop me a PM.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 13, 2005, 01:44 PM »
I just saw a picture of the mini Sidious next to a mini Obi Wan weathered and boy, that thing is tiny (sidious)!

The scale can't be right?!

The engineer must've been drunk when he/she scaled that thing down!

:-\

Edit:  Pic added.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 04:34 PM by ruiner »

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 17, 2005, 07:00 AM »
I dunno i was always under the impression that the sidious saber was a one handed saber.
If thats the case that would explain the size of it, saying that i hope the price of this reflects the size , i'm guessing the yoda mini will be the same size as well.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The "Official" Master Replicas Thread
« Reply #248 on: April 18, 2005, 06:36 PM »
Got my first mini saber today!  It's the AOTC Obi-Wan saber.  I love the detail, even if it's less than half the actual size.

Hopefully the ROTS Obi-Wan saber I ordered will be off back-order soon.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: The "Official" Master Replicas Thread
« Reply #249 on: April 19, 2005, 05:48 PM »
Yeah, I really like the minis - they're affordable and have great detail.  And of course, they look great in the three-tiered cases - too bad I only have one right now!

I really wish I had more money to spend - I'd collect the kick ass 1:1 sabers.  I really dig the weathered Obi Wan....

:'(

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
  • Amy Allen... priceless!
    • View Profile
Re: The
« Reply #250 on: May 11, 2005, 09:47 AM »
Come one, come all to hear the wonderful news: In 2006, we will finally see replica props from the second coolest trilogy of all time: INDIANA FREAKING JONES!
Anyhoo, he's folks it's true: we'll be getting a Fertility Idol, Staff of Ra Headpiece and the best item of all: the Grail Diary!

This is awesome news!!  I would love to get the Staff of Ra Headpiece!! ;D 

I ordered the Yoda mini on www.target.com and it's the normal price for these things.  I haven't seen this .45 offered anywhere else, so I figured I'd better jump on it.

I have discussed this in a few threads, but can't get much of a response.  Has anyone noticed how Vader's saber in ROTS looks much more like the one in Empire than the one in ANH (I mean specifically the grip).  That is just annoying from a chronlogical standpoint. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 03:46 PM by Jedidz23 »

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
  • Amy Allen... priceless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 12, 2005, 12:11 PM »
F.Y.I.-you can now join the Master Replica Collector's Society via their phone number:
call 1-866-REPLIKA
You can't join on line yet for some reason, but I just called them and signed up.  The mini Darth Maul full size is shipping in early June (only avaialbe until December), and they are sending all of the coupons via email.  It cost $59.95, but is probably worth it once you get all of the coupons.   :)

You may be aware of this already, but I thought I'd pass it along!

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 12, 2005, 04:08 PM »
Good to know! I saw the kit at the CS party and at CIII, very cool. They let us sign up in advance for the membership, but from the looks of my card, it hasnt been processed yet.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers
« Reply #253 on: May 18, 2005, 06:37 PM »
Man, that Sidious saber does look small, holy crap!  I think the one-handed theory that Hemish proposed must be correct.  Guess we'll find out tonight.  ;)

I still haven't picked up any of the ROTS sabers yet.  Just been too lazy.  Passed on the Best Buy and C3 exclusives, but very much plan to catch up on the regular mini releases soon.

I also brainfarted on signing up for the MR Collector's Collector's Society at C3, but plan to do that soon so I can nab that complete Maul mini saber.  I'm curious if there's going to be a clear display case for that thing, so it can at least be displayed with the others.  I don't want the thing sitting in a felt box for all eternity...  Anybody know?

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers
« Reply #254 on: May 24, 2005, 10:15 AM »
I just got sucked into the whole .45 scale lightsaber collecting and I am wanting know if anyone has a ultimate list of all the .45 sabers offered.

I got started on this because I work for Best Buy and I thought that I would pick the sabers up and go from there. Then I lucked out and when I got home I was surprised to see that the Sidious saber was the gold one. That has only fueled my desire to put the set together.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!