Author Topic: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers  (Read 74847 times)

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
  • Amy Allen... priceless!
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers
« Reply #255 on: May 27, 2005, 11:01 AM »
I also brainfarted on signing up for the MR Collector's Collector's Society at C3, but plan to do that soon so I can nab that complete Maul mini saber.  I'm curious if there's going to be a clear display case for that thing, so it can at least be displayed with the others.  I don't want the thing sitting in a felt box for all eternity...  Anybody know?

From what I've gleamed from MR, it sounds like it will be very simillar to all of their other .45 offerings.  I am certainly looking forward to this.  It will have to be twice the size of the Obi-Wan weathered saber pictured above (great scale photo runier!)

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 27, 2005, 11:03 AM »
Personally, I am really debating if I want the Dooku .45 from ROTS.  Besides the gold, and a different marking on the grip, it is pretty simillar to the AOTC saber.  I don't want to fall into the trap that Hasbro has put me in so many times.  Jus look at the R2-D2 from Mustafar for evidence of this.  Hardly any difference!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 11:03 AM by Jedidz23 »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #257 on: June 3, 2005, 08:21 PM »
Yeah, it's bad enough that MR is already rehashing most of their mini-sabers into smoked chrome, gold, or silver versions.  I'm staying away from those at least.  But I'm still undecided on ones like the ROTS Vader and Dooku myself.  I'm sure I'll go for them eventually too though, since I'm a sucker like that.  I take it the Sith ones aren't available for order yet, right?  I've only heard of the Obi/Ani/Yoda versions so far, none of which have actually shipped yet, have they?

Any word on a mini Grievous collection yet?

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 4, 2005, 11:34 AM »
I try to stay away from all of the variants on the same saber as well.  I guess I did get he CIII Kenobi and Sidious Best buy exclusive, but those don't count.   :-[  The CIII was just cool, and the Sidious was the first .45 I purchased.  I didn't know anything about MR, but saw the saber at Best Buy, and thought, "Why not?  I'm sure this will be the only one I buy."  Famous last words!   :D

I don't think the .45 Sidious or Yoda have shipped yet, but I know the initial wave of Obi-Wan and Anakin sabers have already been sent out.  I received mine a few weeks ago (the Anakin saber is particularly impressive!).

As far as Grievous, the word is that as of right now, since he wields generic sabers, they may not do anything at MR for him.  However, money talks, and there is certainly a market for him, so I'm guessing something will come out eventually.   :)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 4, 2005, 02:19 PM »
Rather see Jedi like Kit Fisto and Aayla Secura's sabers than generic Grievous sabers.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2005, 03:40 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline psu189

• Youngling
  • Are you threatening me master jedi?
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 7, 2005, 02:32 AM »
Hi there,

I'm a new member on the board and I wanted to say hello to everyone.  I have enjoyed reading the thread. 

Just a couple of things, I signed up today for the CS membership and got an update on the shipping date for the exclusive Maul.  The lady on the phone mentioned it would be shipping next month, not this month, as originally planned. 

Also, someone had asked for a checklist of the minis.  I think at this point I have all of the ones that have been released to this point.  If I'm missing any could someone please let me know.  But for those who are interested, here it is:

Mace Windu AOTC/ AOTC (gold)                     
Obi Wan ATOC/ATOC (gold)                           
Obi Wan ROTS/ROTS (gold)                                                 
Obi Wan C III/C III (gold)
Obi Wan ANH (weathered)
Obi Wan AFBB
Obi Wan Collectors Society Exclusive (gold)
Luke Skywalker ROTJ/ROTJ (gold)
Luke Skywalker ROTJ (ebay exclusive)
Darth Maul TPM (battle damaged)/TPM (gold)
Darth Vader ANH/ANH (gold)
Count Dooku AOTC/ATOC (gold)
Anakin Skywalker ROTS/ROTC (gold)
Darth Sidious (Best Buy exclusive)/BB (gold)

I have placed the Darth Sidious, Dooku (E III), Vader (E III), and Yoda mini on order.  Hope this helps!

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 8, 2005, 09:59 AM »
I didn't realize the EIII Vader is available for order.  Is this on the MR website?

Thanks psu189, and welcome to the boards!!

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 8, 2005, 01:30 PM »
Just read on Scum that the MR rep (Amy) said there will be more .45s coming this year.  Obviously we have the Yoda, Sidious, Vader, Dooku & CC exclusive BSC Anakin coming but I wonder if we'll see others. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #263 on: June 8, 2005, 02:28 PM »
Hi there,

I'm a new member on the board and I wanted to say hello to everyone.

Welcome to JD, Brian!  Glad to have you stop on in and chat with us here.  Holler if you've got any questions about the place.  ;)

I still haven't gotten off my lazy butt and ordered the Ep. 3 sabers yet, but need to do that soon.  So it's just the Anakin and Obi-Wan that have shipped so far, with Yoda next on the way?

And thanks for the reminder on calling MR for the CS membership too.  I've been brainfarting on that, ever since I forgot to hand them my completed form at C3.  ::)

Hopefully they'll have some announcements on new stuff at Comic Con next month.  They'll be out of saber hilts pretty soon here, so I'm sure the .45 scale Blasters/Guns line isn't too far off now.  8)

Jason, I'd dig seeing other sabers for the less prominent Jedi on the Council as well, but they haven't done that in the full scale line, so I'm not real hopeful of seeing those converted into the .45 scale.  But it'd certainly be cool with me if they did...

Offline psu189

• Youngling
  • Are you threatening me master jedi?
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 8, 2005, 03:09 PM »
Yes, the Vader III is available on pre-order from Target with a scheduled ship date of 8/15.  They do not specifically announce that it is the E III, however, I believe that a quick glance at the picture of the item definately shows it is not E IV!  Ironically, it is not yet available on MR's site.  Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #265 on: June 8, 2005, 07:32 PM »
I assume you guys have all heard about this news already, that Beth posted over in the Comic Con thread a few days ago:

FYI:

At the San Diego convention this year, the MR mini will be the Black Smoked Chrome Yoda ROTS .45 Lightsaber (like Obi-Wan's for CIII).

I am assuming the same price point of $35.00 like at C3.  I am also assuming you'll be able to buy other props there but, hopefully, the line for this one won't be too bad.

I'll pass.  Anyone else in need of it though?  I may be able to help...
« Last Edit: June 8, 2005, 07:33 PM by JediMAC »

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 8, 2005, 08:37 PM »
Matt - I'm hoping for a Qui-Gon and anything beyond that is just gravy.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #267 on: June 8, 2005, 08:50 PM »
Oh yeah, I think we're all hoping for (expecting) a Qui-Gon soon, so I wasn't even mentioning that one.  It's too popular a saber for MR to pass over, so I'm sure it's on the way.  Didn't Amy already confirm it though?  I thought so, but IIRC there was some confusion as to whether she was confirming it in the full scale, or the .45 scale...

I'm sure MR will eventually get all the main screen used sabers out, and then we can delve into the blaster line.  8)

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 9, 2005, 12:38 AM »
Just read on Scum that the MR rep (Amy) said there will be more .45s coming this year.  Obviously we have the Yoda, Sidious, Vader, Dooku & CC exclusive BSC Anakin coming but I wonder if we'll see others. 

Pardon my duh-factor, but what's the BSC Anakin?   ???

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 9, 2005, 12:41 AM »
Yes, the Vader III is available on pre-order from Target with a scheduled ship date of 8/15.  They do not specifically announce that it is the E III, however, I believe that a quick glance at the picture of the item definately shows it is not E IV!  Ironically, it is not yet available on MR's site.  Let me know if you have any other questions. 

It is the Vader ROTS .45.  Here is the link:
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_11/602-7640889-8379064?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0007YWIN6
The only thing about this saber is that it is never in the film.  That makes me a tad reluctant.