Author Topic: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers  (Read 74800 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers
« Reply #330 on: September 12, 2005, 11:29 PM »
Far as I know it's identical.  They have it up on the website and it's going to ship this fall.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 13, 2005, 06:54 PM »
.45 scale sabers are $35, with the exception of the Full Darth Maul saber which you got with the $50 CS membership.

LE Sabers are around $369

LE Blasters are about $400

Um, I think you missed what I was getting at.  Matt said that the Sith case had vaulted past the Jedi case, so my question really was "what are the cases going for now?"  I know how much minis cost since, aside from Yoda and any gold/chrome/smoked chrome, I have every one of them.  I don't do any of the LE stuff. 

Basically what I'm asking is what is the going rate right now for all of the regular pieces and the 2004 cases?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 13, 2005, 07:50 PM »
Sorry about that....sometimes I swear I'm dyslexic or something.  :-\

I did a quick ebay search, but can not find anything on the old displays for the .45 sabers.  Odd, because I thought I saw an auction for one not too long ago.

As far as older .45 sabers.  They seem to be going for roughly the same value as if you purchased them from MR directly.  Generally, the ones no longer available are going for a little more, but nothing too drastic.  One big exception to this is the weathered ANH Obi-Wan saber...those things go for up around $80 US.

The ones that do consistently go at high prices are the Gold, Dark and Bright chrome exclusive sabers.  Luckily, these are the ones you don't care about.

Hope this helps out a little.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #333 on: September 13, 2005, 08:36 PM »
Jason - I can't find those auctions now either, but as of a week or two ago, they still came up in the recently completed section.  The Sith case went for about $70, but the Jedi one went for "only" about $55, or thereabouts.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 13, 2005, 10:49 PM »
OK, that's what I was wondering.  I've actually been toying with the thought of unloading my collection.  If I do, I would keep my ROTS Anakin and buy another Vader as not to break up the 2004 Sith Collection. 

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 15, 2005, 08:43 PM »
Got these prices from a guy at 'Scum.  These sound about right to you guys?  Here's his post

2004 Jedi Collection w/ case $130-$150
2004 Sith Collection w/ case $130-150
Ep.III Sidious $30-40
Ep.III Obi-Wan $30-40
*Bad time to get rid of the Ep 3s, the prices are dropping like stones! A buyer if patient, can get them for $20... 
weathered Obi-Wan exclusive $70-100 (you may get even more with a desperate buyer)
AFBB Obi-Wan exclusive $40-45
generic 3 tier case that houses the Obi-Wans $20-30 (still available for Big Time comics for $25)
generic upright 3 level case (don't know, suppose similar to the 3 tier case).

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #336 on: September 16, 2005, 04:46 AM »
2004 Jedi Collection w/ case $130-$150
2004 Sith Collection w/ case $130-150

Those are probably fine, if they come with the "non-generic" cases, which you better confirm with him.  I've seen the Luke and Mace sabers going for good money, so the Jedi set is a great deal for sure.  Haven't caught the Sith ones lately, but at $35 SRLP each, that's a good deal too with that case that's going for $60+ right now.

Ep.III Sidious $30-40
Ep.III Obi-Wan $30-40

Screw that.  Those things regularly go for under $20 on eBay (saw an Obi saber end at $12.50 a few weeks ago).  Dude's crazy asking that much right now, even if that's what he paid for 'em.

weathered Obi-Wan exclusive $70-100 (you may get even more with a desperate buyer)
AFBB Obi-Wan exclusive $40-45
generic 3 tier case that houses the Obi-Wans $20-30 (still available for Big Time comics for $25)
generic upright 3 level case (don't know, suppose similar to the 3 tier case).

No idea on these.  Haven't followed the prices on them.  Just do a search of the Completed Items on eBay for those to get a good idea (I'm too lazy to).  MR is selling the new generic cases themselves now though.  Don't recall what they cost now, but maybe Beth or Matt F. could remind you...

Good luck.

- M
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 04:47 AM by JediMAC »

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 16, 2005, 09:42 AM »
LOL, no Matt.  He was saying that's what I could probably get for them if I sold them.  Remember, I have the entire collection except for Yoda (I don't do all the chrome/gold/smoked chrome) and I'm thinking of unloading my collection.  Just trying to figure out what I can get for everything.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 16, 2005, 11:12 AM »
I just checked my shipping notice from FED EX and by the time I get home this afternoon I should have my Dark Chrome Anakin waiting for me.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 19, 2005, 03:33 PM »
Picked up my dark chrome Anakin mini today at the office and it was a nice as expected.  I like the dark chrome on this one more than Yoda's (probably due to the size of Yoda's) and the weight is perfect.  All I need now are those cases I ordered so I can put my three dark chrome together!!

Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 19, 2005, 05:33 PM »
Cool Beth....I haven't gotten the Dark Chrome Anakin saber yet....I may pick up that one as well as the regular Anakin mini saber to fill up another case.

My plan for displaying my Mini sabers is:

Obi-Wan: AOTC, ROTS, Weathered

Gold Obi-Wan: AOTC, AFBB, ROTS

Dark Chrome Obi-Wan, AFBB

I plan on getting the Darth Tyrannus, Battle Damaged Maul and the two Anakin sabers for a total of 12.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 05:11 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 19, 2005, 08:32 PM »
The battle damaged Maul is pretty cool, I highly recommend it.  I could kick myself for NOT getting the full scale edition of this one.  I didn't think much of it when it first came out but now it's one of two piece's I am missing (and I become Colman at this point) and I hate not having all the sabers. :P
Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 19, 2005, 09:34 PM »
I've seen quite a few pictures of the Damaged Maul saber and it does look really cool...I'm not all that broken up about not having the full sized one mainly because I focus on the Obi-Wan sabers.

If I miss out on the Elite Edition Obi-Wan saber I'm going to be pissed.

I also found another site that makes display cases.  Not too bad on price either.

Check them out here.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 09:41 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 19, 2005, 09:57 PM »
If I miss out on the Elite Edition Obi-Wan saber I'm going to be pissed.

You and me both.  I am praying that they don't go on sale until the first week of October.  At least I can find someplace to get internet access once I am actually in Ohio.  The Insider (#84) claimed a November sale date but since that was printed about two months ago, I'll go with Amy's post over at RS as the next week (or two) time frame.
Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 19, 2005, 11:56 PM »
I think the fair guess is 27 Sept.

Of course I have no real source for this....just what others have been guessing.
This is the way.

I have spoken.