Author Topic: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers  (Read 74469 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers
« Reply #390 on: August 4, 2006, 02:45 AM »
If you guys have a Tuesday Morning store around you they are carrying the mini sabers in for 10 bucks a piece. I went to one today but all they had was the MR Narnia minis.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #391 on: August 4, 2006, 02:53 AM »
Wow, good tip Robb!  I'll have to see if there's any of those stores around here anywhere, since I still need to nab the last 3 ROTS sabers (for cheap), before moving on to the blasters.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 12, 2006, 01:53 AM »
Anyone get lucky yet at Tuesday Morning? 

I'm looking for a gold Yoda.  Let me know what you guys are looking for.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #393 on: August 12, 2006, 04:03 AM »
I'm looking for a gold Yoda.  Let me know what you guys are looking for.

I'm just looking for the last three from the ROTS line:  Sidious, Tyrannus, and Vader, I think.  They've been eternally dirt cheap on eBay, so I haven't been too concerned about grabbing them just yet, but I should probably get around to it soon here before they suddenly dry up on me...

I'll keep an eye out for the Gold Yoda for ya' though Jay.  The Mrs. said they just opened a Tuesday Morning store up here, so I'm still trying to figure out where, but will hit 'em up as soon as I can.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 12, 2006, 04:40 AM »
Im just looking for a mini ROTS Obi Wan.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 12, 2006, 09:10 PM »
I hit the Tuesday Morning near me and came up with nothing. The clerk there did a little calling around and all within a 25 mile radius has sold out. I would totally grab a Dooku if I could find it.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 13, 2006, 09:21 PM »
I hit the Tuesday Morning near me and came up with nothing. The clerk there did a little calling around and all within a 25 mile radius has sold out. I would totally grab a Dooku if I could find it.

Ray, you might want to check the Tuesday Morning @ AHF.  It's located next door to Woodranch and across the theatre. 

I've heard stories of the sales people not knowing what they are and TM getting more shipments. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #397 on: August 16, 2006, 03:36 AM »
This is true, the Tuesday Morning's in my area got them in.  A buddy got me a set of Ani/Obi ROTS for $21 total...  I dont' collect these but a little set to display on my TV stand is cool I think.  :)

They had Luke ANH, ESB Vader (I think), ROTJ sometones, ROTS Ani/Obi...

I think that's the ones people said they found, though I also heard people beat my friends there and bought upwards of 2 dozen (including gold ones).  Those stores are definitely getting them in though in some abundance for $10 each.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 17, 2006, 02:06 AM »
Anyone find the Dooku mini saber at TM?
I remember my dream now.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #399 on: August 18, 2006, 03:22 AM »

Not anymore, you're not.  ;)

It was the last one left there actually, but I'll keep an eye out for anymore in the future.  Robb, are you looking for the first Dooku saber, or the subsequent Tyrannus saber (ROTS), which was nearly identical?  Or do you not really care which one of the two?

Has anyone seen any of the last three Sith sabers at TM (Sidious, Tyrannus, Vader)?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 03:24 AM by JediMAC »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 18, 2006, 04:08 AM »

Not anymore, you're not.  ;)

It was the last one left there actually, but I'll keep an eye out for anymore in the future.  Robb, are you looking for the first Dooku saber, or the subsequent Tyrannus saber (ROTS), which was nearly identical?  Or do you not really care which one of the two?

Has anyone seen any of the last three Sith sabers at TM (Sidious, Tyrannus, Vader)?

Thanks Matt. PM will be headed your way. As for the Dooku saber Im interested in either one really. Since I don't know much about this line Im guessing as I go.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #401 on: August 21, 2006, 02:32 AM »
Matt,

OUt here the sabers I heard were hitting were Obi/Ani from ROTS, Luke ANH, and Vader ESB...  I think.  And I thought someone mentioned ROTJ Luke too maybe but I'm not sure on that.

The Obi/Ani were the only ones I was able to get from a friend.  I was hoping for a LUke/Vader set too but it's not gonna happen now I guess.  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 21, 2007, 12:32 AM »
I picked up my first MR mini-saber today (Episode IV Weathered Obi-Wan saber) to display with my Sideshow Obi Wan PF.

I have a quick question though, while I was looking at the sabers I noticed some MR .45 scale weapons below the display. They had the Stormtrooper blaster and a Boba Fett blaster. I remember that the Boba blaster had a weathered look according to the site. But this Boba blaster looked like it had a black laquer finish and the top portion (scope) looked like a gold finish. Is there a difference between the two? Should I have picked up this Boba Blaster? I'm clueless when it comes to these things... :-\
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 12:41 AM by nitro »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #404 on: April 21, 2007, 02:08 AM »
Welcome to the world of the .45 scaled replicas nitro!

I think the item you have a question about is actually a special version of the scaled Boba Fett blaster.  If you look on the MR website (You guys may want to update your link from the front page btw).  You'll see a chrome plated version of Han's blaster was made as a convention exclusive.

During the year ROTS came out, several versions of sabers came out in a dark chrome finish, the ROTS dark chrome Obi-Wan saber was the CIII exclusive and is what basically got me into collecting all of the Obi-Wan sabers.  They also made gold plated chase versions which were a pain in the ass to get.

It was pretty fun hunting them down though.
This is the way.

I have spoken.