Author Topic: Hyerspace Question  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Hyerspace Question
« on: February 14, 2005, 11:51 AM »
I sent my check to renew my subscription to Star Wars Insider last week.  Of course I had to pay for the Hyperspace stuff along with it.  How long does it take for them to send an email for me to get into the Hyperspace stuff?  Just wondering.  Does it take them a couple months or what?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hyerspace Question
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 11:58 AM »
It was hit or miss for me Broem...  I had a hell of a time getting a code off them but I hear they've improved this leg of their combining Hyperspace with the Fan Club, so I dunno.

I had an email for the woman who specifically was handling these codes, because after much run-around between the Official Site and anyone else they could pass the buck onto, I finally annoyed them to the point that I got this woman's personal email for it...  Of course when I was ready to email her they'd finally figured it out.

It was a terrible hastle though...  I was hell-bent on it though considering they forced me to buy it, and actually I've found it relatively useful from a customizer's point of view...  I wouldn't have bought it any other way though other than being forced. 

Anyway, I think most people are saying lately that it's easier getting your code and should only be a matter of a couple weeks after your subscription's cleared...  Typical "slow" business time periods...

It was months before I got mine though last year.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 11:59 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 12:07 PM »
Great, that's what I thought.  The form had a spot for me to fill in my email address and automatically thought "This will end up being a hassle I bet."  We'll see but I don't have a good feeling about this at all. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 12:25 PM »
My problems were from probably around Sept. of last year or so...  I was searching for the emails but I must've deleted them all when I got my access all hashed out, otherwise I'd just have given you that email for the person handling it so you could at least resort to it if/when you run into trouble.

I kept calling the Fan Club who'd divert me to SW.com who'd send me to the Fan Club number again and back and forth...  It took me getting pretty rude before I got somewhere on it, and like I said it was probably 2 months or so before I did finally get a code emailed to me.  Pissed me off pretty good because I was irked that I was being forced to get the HS account when all I wanted was to get the magazine and just be a fanclub member like I always have been.

Typical Lucasfilm though, where they gotta milk you for ever penny and make it nothing but grief for you at the same time.  >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 05:23 PM »
LOL!  I still do not have my Hyperspace Access Code ladies and gents.  Good Christ.  I mean really.  I emailed them and they said in a nutshell "We don't handle that try this email."  No response from that email address yet. It's been over a week. 

So, it's time to call them up and get nasty unfortunately.   I am hunting around for their service number.  Anyone got it?  I had it and one point but can't find it.  In the meantime I will look around. 

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #5 on: April 4, 2005, 05:25 PM »
I never got my access code. I've been pretty unhappy with Insider, here lately - namely because they raised their price, stopped shipping the mag in baggies, and never even sent me my Hyperspace info.