Author Topic: New JD Poll: Where does ROTS rank now?!  (Read 16585 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: New JD Poll: Where does ROTS rank now?!
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2005, 07:15 PM »
1 ESB - a masterpiece dispite the new line changes
2 ANH - Excellent. nearly as good as ESB, just lacks a little polishing.
3 tie. ROTJ and TPM - ROTJ is a little too kid friendly with the Ewoks as is TPM with young Anakin. Jar Jar kills PTM, but that is the weakest part of an otherwise solid, but weak, story.
4 AOTC - Not bad, but in my opinion, a lot of minior story and pacing issues and a couple of missed editorial opritunities that make me cringe every time I watch it. Also a weak story, but not as solid.
5 ROTS - by far the most sloppy technically and artistically. This had a very strong, compelling story, but what was on screen only scratched the surface of it's potential. This should have been the swan song of the saga, but instead it was the most dissapointing for me.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 3, 2005, 11:43 PM »
1. Empire Strikes Back
1.5 Revenge of the Sith
2. AOTC
3. ANH
4. ROTJ
5. TPM

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 4, 2005, 10:37 AM »
1.  ESB
2.  ROTS
3.  ANH
4.  ROTJ
5.  AOTC
6.  TPM

I could change the last two because I did like them, but AOTC has a bit more of a story developing than TPM. I also thought about moving down ROTJ because for whatever reason, the ******* ewoks get on my nerves.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 6, 2005, 06:35 PM »
1. ESB
2. ANH
3. ROTS / ROTJ
4. TPM
5. AOTC

I keep telling the people that it's actually AOTC that contains the worst crimes against acting, dialogue and use of CG, but no one will listen  ;D

TPM wasn't that bad....no...really!
« Last Edit: June 6, 2005, 06:36 PM by Rob L »
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 7, 2005, 11:51 AM »
AOTC cleary has some terrible acting I agree.  TPM just has too much foolishness in it for me with Jar-Jar, Jake Lloyd, the Naboo Pilots chatter, etc., etc. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 7, 2005, 03:55 PM »

I keep telling the people that it's actually AOTC that contains the worst crimes against acting, dialogue and use of CG, but no one will listen  ;D

TPM wasn't that bad....no...really!

I agree 100%, but ROTS contains the worst crimes against storytelling :P ;D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline VadereX

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2005, 08:53 PM »
1. ROTS
2. ROTJ
3. ESB
4. AOTC
5. TPM
6. ANH

I like them all a lot though. So its not like I hate A New Hope at all.

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 7, 2005, 09:39 AM »
1. Star Wars
2. Empire
3. Jedi
4. Phantom
5. Clones
6. Sith

Too much CGI in the last two.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2005, 08:10 AM by stormie »

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 8, 2005, 12:50 AM »
1. Empire
2. Star Wars
3. Sith
4. Jedi
5. Clones
6. Phantom
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2005, 10:51 AM »
Well, it has been a couple of months since the release of ROTS now, and Star Wars on the big screen as we know it (at least new movies) should be done with now.  With the "newness" wearing off, and looking at the Saga as a whole, have your rankings changed at all?  I also seem to hold the OT movies in higher regard than the prequels.  Not that I dislike the prequel movies, I like each of them to some extent (TPM probably the least, but its still a nice movie)...but whether it is the nostalgia, the characters, the humor, or whatever...the OT still is the tops for me.  Anyways, if I had to rank them, I suppose it would look like this (with some ties):

1. Empire Strikes Back - Has always just been my favorite to watch.
2. Return of the Jedi - Not always a favorite, but the first one I saw in the theatre..holds some nostalgia.  Probably on par with A New Hope to be honest though.
3. (tie) A New Hope - I put it above ROTS just because of the love of the OT, and nostalgia.  I really like this movie.
3. (tie) Revenge of the Sith - By far my favorite of the prequels, and maybe one of my favorite movies of the Saga overall.  I think the characters and everything involved in the OT just appeal to me more, but this is really a favorite of mine.
4.  Attack of the Clones - I'm up and down on this movie.  When it first came out, I really liked it (aside from the "Sound of Music" meadow sequences).  I've dulled on it more lately.  I still like it, but if/when I pop in the DVD I'm likely to skip through this movie a few times.
5.  The Phantom Menace - The duel at the end is one of the best of the Saga, if not the best.  I also think that Darth Maul, despite his over-hype, is one of the best character concepts to come out of the PT.  Although I do see some of the point of the political part of things, and seeing Anakin younger, it does get a little boring to me.  As many have mentioned before, I think they could have started out with Anakin being a little bit older, maybe past the "Yippee" stage.  I don't necessarily hate this movie like many others do though, its still Star Wars, but easily my least favorite of the Saga.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2005, 06:39 PM »
I'm still with my first list.

the rankings are pretty close in 3-5 spots though,

1. Empire
2. Star Wars
3. Sith
4. Jedi
5. Clones
6. Phantom

I think the dialogue in teh OT is much better too.
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2005, 02:10 PM »
After a few months mine remains the same as well. 

1) Empire
2) ANH
3) ROTj
4) ROTS
5) AOTC
6) TPM

Basically I have 1 and 2 vitrually the same.  Then ROTJ is a bit farther down for #3.  I put ROTS right behind ROTJ at almost a tie but Jedi gets my vote as a better film.  Then AOTC is a bit farther down than ROTS.  I bump TPM even farther down. 

However, that does not mean I hate TPM.  I actually like it for Darth Maul and the duel at the end and some other things along the way.  AOTC I like for the most part except Anakin and Padme's scene together.  I really love Yoda busting out the lightsaber at the end. 

ROTS I like a lot for from the last half of the movie onward as a whole.  There are some things that bug me like the Wookies not having enough screen time and the Masters going out so quickly.  Other than that for the most part I like everything else especially the last 10 minutes of the film.  It really tied into ANH well. 

Then there are the OT that are just superior stories to the PT IMO. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2005, 03:13 PM »
1. ROTJ
2. ANH
3. ESB
4. ROTS
5. AOTC
6. PM
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2005, 12:11 PM »
1. ROTS/ROTJ
2. ANH
3. ESB
4. TPM
5. AOTC

:)

Offline Jedi_Chick

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2005, 11:15 AM »
1) ROTS
2) AOTC
3) TPM
4) ROTJ
5) ANH
6) TESB
~Jedi_Chick~