Author Topic: Wasn't Qui-Gon supposed to make an appearance?  (Read 8241 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Wasn't Qui-Gon supposed to make an appearance?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2005, 12:07 AM »
I was hoping to see Qui-Gon appear during somepoint near Anakin's fall...like when he's going to the Jedi Temple, trying to talk him out of it....or towards the end talking to Obi-Wan as he leaves the Lars homestead at the end.  But, I'm not too disappointed in the movie.

Hell, Lucas established the whole Qui-Gon spirit thing in AOTC when you hear him calling to Anakin when he's slaughtering the sand people.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 7, 2005, 03:53 PM »
I was reading the story books and it had the part about qui-gon in spirit form.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 8, 2005, 12:29 AM »
Did I miss something in the movies?  Qui-Gon is the first Jedi to do the spirit thing?  He develops it?

So what gives with Anakin getting it?
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 8, 2005, 12:30 AM »
And that's why all the other jedi Masters' bodies just lie around? lol

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #19 on: July 8, 2005, 09:53 PM »
Did I miss something in the movies? Qui-Gon is the first Jedi to do the spirit thing? He develops it?

Not quite. He learned it from a "Shaman of the Whills", although it seems he could only appear in voice, and not in full-blown spirit form. It seems that working together with Yoda and/or Obi-Wan, they discovered how to manifest as spirits.

As far as George is concerned, QG was the first Jedi to do it. However, in the Tales of the Jedi comics published in the 1990s and set thousands of years before the movies, some Jedi were already able to disappear and show up as spirits. I guess over the millennia the secret was lost, and rediscovered by QG.

So what gives with Anakin getting it?

Good question. Maybe he tracked down the Whills and made them give up the secret.
« Last Edit: July 8, 2005, 09:54 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 8, 2005, 10:39 PM »
bleh, I liked it better as just a spiffy trait that master's got and that the reason Luke only saw those spirits is because those were the masters he was close to.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2006, 04:42 PM »
I think they should have shown Qui-Gon as a Force Ghost.  Maybe they even should have had a seen on the Tantive 4 with Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Baby Luke Skywalker where Obi-Wan and Yoda see Qui-Gon as a force ghost and also Qui-Gon tells them about Anakin being reborn as Darth Vader.  Then they all discuss the future of Luke and Leia.  Qui-Gon says "The girl you gave to Senator Bail Organa.  She could be the last hope to restore peace, justice and freedom to the galaxy".  Then Obi-Wan says "No.  There is another.  The boy.  Baby Luke Skywalker.  He could be the last hope to bring forth the Return of the Jedi".  Yoda says "I agree.  Afford to lose these children we cannot".  Then Obi-Wan says "Baby Luke shall be safe on Tatooine where I will watch over him.  I have no intention of losing him to the dark side the way I lost his father Anakin", then Qui-Gon says "I am very proud of what you are doing for these children Obi-Wan".  Then it ends with Obi-Wan saying to Qui-Gon "May the Force be with you".
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 04:43 PM by 77Skywalker »

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 3, 2006, 12:46 AM »
yeah i heard that but i think what they meant was when yoda was talking to obi-wan about more training
Momar and Fester