Author Topic: Star Tours Thread - Waves 1-3  (Read 81814 times)

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
Re: Star Tours wave 3 FINALLY!
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2003, 05:06 PM »
well,n I am no carded collector, but if they are coming on a blue ard all re-release I wil try to get a complete blue set ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2003, 10:52 AM »
 :'(  Update from the Star Traders shop at Disneyland:   :'(
Well, I swung by Disneyland on Sunday night, and unfortunately have NO NEWS to report.  They still haven't received Wave 3 of the Star Tours Droids or the Starspeeder 3000.  I asked the cashier about them and pointed out that DisneyWorld received them a week and a half ago.  She didn't seem terribly knowledgeable, but suggested that if DW got theirs already, than D'land shouldn't be too far behind (as in probably coming soon).

I did pick up a few of the older figures that Greg and Pat were looking for though.  The shop also had a peg full of the Mynock Chewie, Flying R2, and TC Mace, along with one Hoth Han (all $10 apiece though, just like the droids).

Sorry fellas!  I'll keep checking though...   :-\

Here's the updated list of needs (along with some non ST stuff I'm including for a few folks):

dustrho - Wave 3 MOMC, Starspeeder 3000 MIMB
DSJ - Wave 3 MOMC, Deluxe Clonetrooper, shaved Endor Soldier  (ship all together)
CyberScout - Wave 3 MOMC  (ship all together)
chuckles - Wave 3 MOMC, Starspeeder MIMB
obi-dad - R4-M9, R3-D3 & R5-D2 (non-mint)
OCB - two R5-D2's (non-mint), Torii Hunter Sportspick variant
Jesse James - Wave 3 + 1 extra R5-D2, Nexu (all non-mint) ship altogether
BigDumbWookiee - Wave 3 (non-mint), Starspeeder 3000, Dlx. Spider Droid & SBD Builder - both openers  (ship all together)
CHEWIE - two R5-D2's (1 MOMC, 1 non-mint)
Boba Binks - 2 sets of Wave 3 (1 MOMC, 1 non-mint), 1 Starspeeder 3000  (ship all together)
Membraneman - R5-D2 (non-mint)
Daigo-Bah - R3-D3 & R5-D2 (pref. MOMC)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 06:24 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2003, 11:11 AM »
Matt,
it's a really great thing you are doing helping all these guys out.  Kudos to you for that.  

Not to rub it in, but....

Karma grabbed my two droids and mailed them out today ;D  The third isn't yet available at Disneyworld (the flying one, whatever its name may be).  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2003, 03:42 PM »
the flying droid is called SK-Z38, and is HUGELY overscaled...

anyhow, now the great news :

ST.BJ.C Reports:
  Yakface reports: "Well, we have all had our informtion for 2003, well here is a first for 2004.
I have just been informed by a very nice individual that there will indeed be a new wave of all new droids, no resculpts, for the Star Tours line in 2004. Please stay tuned as I get more info, I will indeed pass it on.
so: Wave four is in the works and will be out in 2004, all new sculpts, all new droids. They are in development stage, which means still drawings.

Great news, that makes me very happy    ;D   8)  ;D

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2003, 04:16 PM »
Matt,
it's a really great thing you are doing helping all these guys out.  Kudos to you for that.

I totally agree with you Morgbug!  I'm so thankful that Matt is helping myself and everyone else out here.  I truly do appreciate all his efforts.  THANKS MATT!!!
dustrho

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2003, 05:17 PM »
That's exactly what I thought when I read Matt's update!  I can't stress how refreshing it is to belong to a forum site where people actually help each other out!  When it's time to send out payment, Matt, I'm gonna throw in something from my trade list for you just as another thanks!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2003, 01:04 AM »
Planet Action Figure has the Starspeeder 3000.  It's $35, but might be worth it to some.  Here's the listing page: http://planetactionfigure.com/default.php/cPath/21?osCsid=b2e422e3e7bb8508d51fbf0cd10a285f
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2003, 01:18 AM »
Luckily I have Matt (JediMAC) here to help me out.   ;D
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #98 on: June 5, 2003, 03:58 AM »
Tom (Darth Kenobi) swung by Disneyland's Star Traders shop today and reports that there's still no Star Tours Wave 3 there yet unfortunately...

I might be heading back down this weekend, but if it sounds like they still don't have anything, I might wait 'til the following weekend after that.  I'll keep you all posted.  Hang in there - I'm sure these suckers will show up there eventually!   8)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #99 on: June 5, 2003, 07:33 PM »
I got my first two Wave 3 figures from Karma, and they were both on blue cards.

I just need one more to be complete now, since I'm not going back and buying the card variations.  :)
Got Clones?

Offline E.Z.

• Jedi Initiate
  • Montreal, Quebec
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 6, 2003, 12:56 AM »
Karen hooked me up as well with all 8. :) Damn that girl sends mint stuff!

I was never into EU, but there is something about these Star Tours figures that really makes me like them. I guess it's that the series is so small it's easy to complete, and that it's all Droids.
Shawn

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #101 on: June 6, 2003, 05:54 PM »
mmh..

Each wave is consistent of 3 droids :

a Special droid:
  • RX-24 (REX)
  • DL-X2
  • SK-Z38

a Repair droid:
  • G2-4T (not  really repardroid, tough same model ;) )
  • WEG-1618
  • G2-9T

an Astromech droid:
  • R3-D3
  • R4-M9
  • R5-D2

Soo, what will we see in wave 4 ???

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #102 on: June 6, 2003, 06:06 PM »
Soo, what will we see in wave 4 ???

Assuming Wave 4 comes to fruition, as is now rumored, I'd have to say the Gonk/Power Droid should definitely be in the mix the next go 'round.  Kris, you know better than anyone else - who does that leave?  Obviously there the option of R2 and 3PO still.  I kind of like the idea that this whole line consists solely of droids, so I think I'd prefer to not see the Admiral Ackbar or other Calamari Officers done, as well as some of the characters in the training video, like Teek.  But I wouldn't be upset if they were though...

Heck, I wouldn't mind if they just started putting out some new astromechs with different paint schemes, even if they weren't present in the line/queue area - though I'd much rather Hasbro themselves take care of this instead!

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #103 on: June 7, 2003, 08:55 AM »
All are new sculps, so I wouldn't think an Astromech, except if they did a R3-A2, but he is released in th Hoth Pack already  ::)

a GNK should be a possibility, with all new details and color, so that can count as a Special Droid, and what about repair droid ? maybe the one from Tokyo, that looks like the droid from Jabba's Palace..

Toughts ? :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 7, 2003, 06:11 PM »
I just got my Starspeeder 3000 today.  Ordered it through Planet Action figure, and it doesn't disappoint.  While it's not nearly scale with the 3-3/4" line, it's still very cool.  

A panel up top reveals the interior.  It's instrumental in getting Cap'd Rex into his command position.  There are also a couple of push-buttons on the aft side of this ship.  Each one  opens the hatches on it's respective side of the ship.  It also triggers lights in the interior.  Add on top of this, that it's got some cool sound effects, triggered by our favorite plucky Artoo unit, and I'm pretty happy with this ship.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback