Author Topic: Star Tours Thread - Waves 1-3  (Read 81810 times)

Virex

Re: Star Tours wave 3 FINALLY at Disneyland!
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2003, 08:38 AM »
Just give me a holler whenever you feel like picking them up...

Great.  Thanks for the offer and the info, Matt.  Let me know what you find when you next head out there, huh?  :)  (Oh, and card condition doesn't matter to me, as I'll be opening them up anyway.)

Thanks again.

[Oh, and by the way, the widescreen Special Edition of Christmas Vacation was just announced the other day for October 7th.  So, with the new Vacation 20th Anniversary Special Edition (widescreen) hitting on August 26, that leaves just Vegas Vacation as the only non-widescreen Vacation movie out there (and that's supposed to be coming sooner or later).]

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2003, 09:02 AM »
Whoo Whoo! Right on. Thanky very much.  :-*
Though I guess we will have to wait & see what will happen with our mail up here.  :-\

All in time.  ;)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2003, 10:16 AM »
Sent you a PM Matt.
dustrho

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2003, 08:16 PM »
Count me in Matt.Sending over address info now.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 08:18 PM by CyberScout »

Offline nack5811

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2003, 10:57 AM »
I got the first 2 waves on the green POTJ card for like 55 plus shipping on the internet.  Some site ahd a special.  I can't wait to get wave three and if they have them ont he saga card the first 2 waves.  I am gettign marrie din 2 weeks and I am going to Disney for the honeymoon.  I can't wait to snag some figs.  And the best part, my fiancee/wife love my hobby and fully supports me.

Does anyone know if the first 2 waves will be on the saga card by the second week in August?  Has anyone seen them yet?

LMK.  Thank you

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2003, 01:34 PM »
Sent you an e-mail Matt!
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2003, 01:44 PM »
Sorry... Janurai is the time of Repacks  :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2003, 04:25 AM »
Well, I hauled my booty down to Disneyland tonight.  Got in there just a half hour before closing time!  Jammed straight into the Star Traders shop, and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw nothing but the previous 2 waves of POTJ carded droids, right where they usually are (plenty of yours still, Virex).   I was momentarily PISSED after the apparently fruitless hour long drive...

BUT... then I walked around to the other side of the shop and WALLAH!  Wave 3 all stocked up on the endcap!   8)  I quickly started my droid hoarding for the JD masses here of course, but soon discovered that I wasn't seeing too much in the way of MOMC stuff.  Pretty jacked up cards, as usual there.  But I pretty much cleaned them out anyways - 34 figures in all!  Left them no more R5s, and just a few of the other two.  Had more than a few onlookers and inquirers, including a 5 year old girl asking me "Are you really going to buy all of those?"...   :)  Even took my loot up to the cashier in 3 separate waves to ring up!   :P

My biggest fear was that someone was going to think I was an eBay scalper or something, so whenever people started staring or asking me questions, I showed them my Star Tours sign-up list that I printed out from here in the forums (which I needed to figure out what all I was buying), saying "See, these are all my buddies that need this stuff that I'm sending it all to since they don't live around here!"   :o  They all seemed to believe me fortunately...

So anyways, I've got some stuff, but not all of it for everybody quite yet.   :-\  I've gotta sort through it all now to see who's going to get what based on their orders.  Since I'm cutting out of town for the San Diego Comic Con early Thursday, I might not even have a chance to get this stuff out this week.  But I'll keep you all posted on that.  Now all I've got to do is find some decent packing materials, which I'm nearly out of right now...

I'll be hitting Disneyland again on Thursday on my way down to San Diego (and maybe again on the way back up on Sunday), so hopefully they'll have restocked by then, and I can get the rest of the MOMC orders filled for you guys!  Anyways, gonna start my "sorting" now, so I'll be in touch...

BTW, I always ship with Delivery Confirmation, but if any of you also want insurance on your packages, please let me know (and for what amount) and I'll be sure to add it...

Dale, Bob...  Should I ship up to Canada right now, or hold off for a little while due to the looming postal strike?  LMK...   :-*
« Last Edit: July 16, 2003, 04:47 AM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 16, 2003, 08:49 AM »
Dale, Bob...  Should I ship up to Canada right now, or hold off for a little while due to the looming postal strike?  LMK...   :-*

I would hold on to them for awhile till we notify you when to send them. This Postal strike is not looking good so far.  >:(
We should know by this Friday & we will keep in touch.   :-*
I think Bob wiil agree too.   ;)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #129 on: July 16, 2003, 11:29 AM »
Matt, even if you couldn't find MOMC figures that's one hell-of-a score you made yesterday!   :o  There are going to be A LOT of happy campers here who are on your order list.  You rock!
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2003, 01:04 AM »
Good news and bad news fellas...

First, the bad news (it ain't really all that bad).  I won't be able to ship out 'til early next week.  Just too busy the last few days at the office trying to finish up several projects before I departed for a few days down in San Diego for the Comic Con.  So I'll start getting your packages shipped out on Monday and Tuesday, when I get back in town.  I promise!   :-*

Now, the good news.  I swung by Disneyland again this afternoon on my way down to San Diego, and I'm happy to say that they restocked all of their Wave 3 droids after I looted them clean on Tuesday night!  And the even better news is that they actually had some decent MOMC stuff for once, so I snagged my fill and I'm pretty sure that I'm all set now, and have enough to fill EVERYONE'S orders!

So hopefully by the end of next week, everyone (except the 2 Canuckleheads) should have their Star Tours droids in their possession!  We're almost there folks!   8)

Offline E.Z.

• Jedi Initiate
  • Montreal, Quebec
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2003, 01:40 AM »
Got some good news for my Canadian compadres. It looks like the postal strike is off for the moment, so if your going to complete any trades get them done asap, before they announce another strike date.  ;D

I already have all 9 of the Star Tours figures thanks to Karen, but I have to say that what you are doing for everyone Matt is truly awesome. People like you, Karen, Mike and a whole bunch of other people here at JD and at RS make this a wonderful community and a pleasure to be part of. Thumbs up to each and everyone of you good people who give your time and energy to help others. If it weren't for people like you then I wouldn't even bother collecting from here in Canada.  8) :) ;D
Shawn

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2003, 03:48 AM »
...but I have to say that what you are doing for everyone Matt is truly awesome. People like you, Karen, Mike and a whole bunch of other people here at JD and at RS make this a wonderful community and a pleasure to be part of. Thumbs up to each and everyone of you good people who give your time and energy to help others. If it weren't for people like you then I wouldn't even bother collecting from here in Canada.  8) :) ;D

I second what you just said there Shawn.  Thanks to people like Matt and all the other people I've traded with or bought from, my collecting days would be boring, and my collection would be small.  We should make a collecting community holiday for all traders & sellers.   ;)
dustrho

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2003, 06:23 PM »
All bow down to the JediMac! :)

You are such a wonderful person for all the help that you give us.

Can't wait.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2003, 09:07 PM »
Alright folks, just a quick update on the Star Tours droids...  I've shipped almost all of them out to you guys now - about half yesterday, and another half today, with a few stragglers left to go at this point!  I'll shoot each of you an e-mail or PM shortly with the final damage, including shipping, and your Delivery Confirmation numbers.  So keep an eye out for them in the next few days!  Please drop me a line when they've arrived, and LMK how everything looks.  If there's anything not up to snuff, we can discuss it and try to work something out.  And I'm really sorry about the damned expensive shipping charges on some of these!  Aside for the $.45 Delivery Confirmation fee, there's just not anything I could do about it, as I used the best fitting boxes I could find so as to well protect your stuff, but still keep the shipping charges to a "minimum".    :-\

So here's what the final list looked like, as far as what all is being shipped.  Give me a holler if there's any discrepancies!

dustrho - Wave 3 MOMC, Starspeeder 3000 MIMSB
DSJ - Wave 3 MOMC, Deluxe Clonetrooper, shaved Endor Soldier
CyberScout - Wave 3 MOMC
chuckles - Wave 3 MOMC, Starspeeder 3000 MIMSB
obi-dad - R4-M9, R3-D3 & R5-D2 (non-mint)
OCB - two R5-D2's (non-mint), Torii Hunter Sportspick variant
Jesse James - Wave 3 + 1 extra R5-D2, Nexu, 2 red Battle Droids (all non-mint)
BigDumbWookiee - Wave 3 (non-mint), Starspeeder 3000, Dlx. Spider Droid & SBD Builder (non-mint), Blue Clone bust, CW poster
CHEWIE - two R5-D2's (1 MOMC, 1 non-mint), 1 Yoda/Chian, 3 red Battle Droids
Boba Binks - 2 sets of Wave 3 (1 MOMC, 1 non-mint), 1 Starspeeder 3000
Membraneman - R5-D2 (non-mint), 12" Yellow Clonetrooper
Daigo-Bah - R3-D3 & R5-D2 (pref. MOMC)
JoshEEE - SK-Z38 "bird" droid  (You still want this? Sorry I flaked on ya' in San Diego bud!  :-[)
JediRhino - Deluxe Yoda & Library Droid 2-pack

Dale and Bob, I assume I've got the green light now to send your stuff off, since it sounds like the postal strike up there ain't gonna happen, right?  LMK please, and I'll get it goin'!  Jim (rebeltrader) and Chris (jedimacd) - I'll get you guys hooked up in another week and a half.  Virex, just give me a holler whenever you're up for 'em!

Patty's pretty stoked to have finally gotten rid of 14 empty boxes out of the house, as well as the TONS of trade goodies that I've had piling up waiting to ship out to everyone!   8)  And I'm stoked to finally get to start recovering that $780 that I'm currently in the hole for!   :P  $28 down, $752 to go (thanks Greg!)   :-*